Payton Thorne

TexasTiger

Doesn't it makes sense for each of us to trust the coaching staff for maybe a couple of years?   None of them want to job search.   They want to win at Auburn!   We have seen 12 games and 99% of us haven't studied one bit of the film from those 12 games.   None of us know what route was called for on any given play, its depth or what options were available based on coverage and alignments.   The staff has seen 12 games, 80 practices, thousands of hours of film and know the play calls for each play.  This is what they do.  This is their career on the line.      

Edited by LPTiger
typo
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Doesn't it makes sense for each of us to trust the coaching staff for maybe a couple of years?   None of them want to job search.   They want to win at Auburn!   We have seen 12 games and 99% of us haven't studied one bit of the film from those 12 games.   None of us know what route was called for on any given play, its depth or what options were available based on coverage and alignments.   The staff has seen 12 games, 80 practices, thousands of hours of film and know the play calls for each play.  This is what they do.  This is their career on the line.      

Has the coaching staff made all the right decisions so far? Does anyone ever? Do you like how they handled the QB position the first half of the season? 

Besides, I predict we will get a transfer QB. To me the debate is whether or not we should. Not if the coaches are making a mistake. We don’t know what they’re going to do. 

Edited by cbo

17 minutes ago, cbo said:

Why does this fanbase want to settle? Especially at the QB position?

Please tell me what you intend to do if Freeze decides to go with Thorne and not get a portal QB?  If you won’t settle with that decision what is your alternative?  And who should care.  You take yourself way too seriously. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

Has the coaching staff made all the right decisions so far? Does anyone ever? Do you like how they handled the QB position the first half of the season? 

Besides, I predict we will get a transfer QB. To me the debate is whether or not we should. Not if the coaches are making a mistake.

This isn't just any decision.   I feel confident this one has consumed a good bit of time, and they have studied it immensely.   It is impossible for us to have a meaningful debate when we don't have the facts.  We don't know who is interested in us, what their NIL # is, how much we need allocated to other positions, what is left over, on and on.   The question isn't as simple as "should we have another QB."  If Mahomes had eligibility and wanted to come for free = easy call.        

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jluvah said:

Man, you kill me😂. Say what you really want to say. This is your narrative on every thread, especially the basketball ones.

Well go ahead and be killed, you are right I'm going to call out dumb stuff every single time I see it, you love to swoop in every month or so and start up, why don't you try arguing a point though.... point out the lie if not move on and sthu 

22 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

So why have a football forum.  What is there to talk about? The coaches are really trying.  Why did we fire the last coach?

And some do know the route,  it's really not that hard but you will probably watch the game twice

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Blindly trust them? Did that twice now with Gus and Harsin, then ended up with Egg on my face, so now. I am not saying fire the guy but I think it’s okay to discuss things about this football team , even if it doesn’t coincide with how you think things should go. I still question if it is the right decision for Hugh to completely forego playcalling, when that was a major reason why he was hired , IMO. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, DAG said:

At the very least you need to bring in a veteran

I'm not sure.  247 just put out a piece on the to 8-10 QBs and Auburn wasn't listed once.  Are we really going to take a bum at the 6th QB spot?

Prediction: Hugh manufactures a QB competition this spring, message boards eat it up & hang on every word in his presser, Thorne is our starter like everyone expected

• Haha 1

Also don't get it twisted it may be hard for some to think on this and others not so hard, the point of this is it's a forum and that's a topic, a normal and popular topic mind you, that's being discussed and some of you as noble as you try to make it don't want people to say he didn't play well so you are literally trying to dictate who says what. 

PT is the last qb would you like a better one and how hard do you think it would be to find a better one.  That's it.  It's not rocket science.  I promise not one coach will read this board and come to a conclusion.  It's safe to think what if even if it's not your money because you won't lose the money you never owned I promise. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Blindly trust them? Did that twice now with Gus and Harsin, then ended up with Egg on my face,

image.png.1462a2ef4336fe7e5f19ec44972ea729.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Also don't get it twisted it may be hard for some to think on this and others not so hard, the point of this is it's a forum and that's a topic, a normal and popular topic mind you, that's being discussed and some of you as noble as you try to make it don't want people to say he didn't play well so you are literally trying to dictate who says what. 

PT is the last qb would you like a better one and how hard do you think it would be to find a better one.  That's it.  It's not rocket science.  I promise not one coach will read this board and come to a conclusion.  It's safe to think what if even if it's not your money because you won't lose the money you never owned I promise. 

Every thread should be the OP then responses of "Trust the coaches"

Sounds awesome

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I'm not sure.  247 just put out a piece on the to 8-10 QBs and Auburn wasn't listed once.  Are we really going to take a bum at the 6th QB spot?

Prediction: Hugh manufactures a QB competition this spring, message boards eat it up & hang on every word in his presser, Thorne is our starter like everyone expected

I didn’t say take anybody. That would’ve been like taken the dude who is supposedly going to go to kentucky (which Auburn fans were actually harping for). But a veteran like McCall. 

• Like 1

I think some here may get somewhat tired of reading the same stuff over and over.  Thorne is trash, he can't get above X completion % even with the superior talent he had at Mich State, he holds the ball too long, he doesn't throw the ball away enough.   All of that has been said and repeated 30 times, so yeah I think it was time for a "trust the coaches post."  This horse has been beaten past death.   We, all of us as fans, are somewhat responsible for running off the guy who just might win the Heisman.  At some point we need to take a look in the mirror and realize we just might be part of the problem.   BTW, I was very hard on Bo here.   I wish I could take it back, but I can't.   Imagine on the last portal day PT enters, and we roll with Hank and Robby....   Payton Thorne plays his guts out -- for us.  I, for one, think we owe him a little more respect than what we are giving him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I think some here may get somewhat tired of reading the same stuff over and over.  Thorne is trash, he can't get above X completion % even with the superior talent he had at Mich State, he holds the ball too long, he doesn't throw the ball away enough.   All of that has been said and repeated 30 times, so yeah I think it was time for a "trust the coaches post."  This horse has been beaten past death.   We, all of us as fans, are somewhat responsible for running off the guy who just might win the Heisman.  At some point we need to take a look in the mirror and realize we just might be part of the problem.   BTW, I was very hard on Bo here.   I wish I could take it back, but I can't.   Imagine on the last portal day PT enters, and we roll with Hank and Robby....   Payton Thorne plays his guts out -- for us.  I, for one, think we owe him a little more respect than what we are giving him. 

It's just the truth

8 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

The point to me is that with Freeze’s system, it takes a dynamic QB to be successful. PT has not been that so probably will not be that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

We, all of us as fans, are somewhat responsible for running off the guy who just might win the Heisman.  At some point we need to take a look in the mirror and realize we just might be part of the problem.   

Nix is Harsin's fault.

Fans are no worse here than everywhere else. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, cbo said:

Nix is Harsin's fault.

Fans are no worse here than everywhere else. 

@cbo with all due respect our standard shouldn't be "we are no worse than others."   We sure don't say "our game day experience is no better than anyone else's."   Why can't we strive to be better fans than everybody else?    Ask Ms. Nix how she feels about how WE treated her son.

• Dislike 2

Payton Thorne plays his guts out -- for us.  I, for one, think we owe him a little more respect than what we are giving him. 

I don't recall similar ovations for guys like Ashford or Finley or some other bad QBs who "played hard"

U saying PT plays his heart out so did Robby last year under worse condition . I haven’t seen anyone personally attack him just points out flaws as a fan. Remember we just went done this road with TJ. All the talk of improvement but when the season started what occurred. It’s a forum and people are having pros and cons of a topic 

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

@cbo with all due respect our standard shouldn't be "we are no worse than others."   We sure don't say "our game day experience is no better than anyone else's."   Why can't we strive to be better fans than everybody else?    Ask Ms. Nix how she feels about how WE treated her son.

This feels like you moved the goalposts vs your first comment about the fanbase. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Please tell me what you intend to do if Freeze decides to go with Thorne and not get a portal QB?  If you won’t settle with that decision what is your alternative?  And who should care.  You take yourself way too seriously. 

**On a football message board, explains why he thinks AU needs a transfer QB, citing stats, comparisons to last season, and the status of the WR group.**

Response: Oh yeah? Well what are you gonna do about it? No one cares and you take yourself too seriously. 

• Haha 1

If we aren't looking for a portal QB , then that tells me the coaches think the passing game problem was mostly the WR. Our passing game was so putrid last year, I just can't blame it all on WR. Why not bring in  solid QB and let him compete with PT? Who in our current QB room can push PT?

Folks Oh St run  QB off that just won 11 games.  They ain't screwing around. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

If we aren't looking for a portal QB , then that tells me the coaches think the passing game problem was mostly the WR. Our passing game was so putrid last year, I just can't blame it all on WR. Why not bring in  solid QB and let him compete with PT? Who in our current QB room can push PT?

Folks Oh St run  QB off that just won 11 games.  They ain't screwing around. 

Why are we assuming the coaches aren’t pursuing another QB? They’re not going to be real public with everything. 

Edited by Gowebb11