Bama Postgame

bishoptf

11 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Shocks I am currently on my work phone. My other phone met its bitter end. AU is responsible for that. As I stated in another thread AU has ruined the majority of my Saturdays in September, October, and November for the last 10 years. AU has let me down more than anything. The complete lack of reality within the school to hire and create a winning culture has brought us to this point. AU does not deserve another thought from me nor anymore emotions. AU doesn’t deserve my money or resources. I can honestly say ive  wasted years on a school that doesn’t give a s*** about its fans. I am over it. 

It's ridiculous to think Deion does any better in his first year. C'mon.

Just now, AUwent said:

I didn’t mention Deon , what’s he got to do with this? 

40 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Your delusion doesn't 'wound' me. I just like pointing it out. If you're attempting to rub salt in my wounds from this game, you're just a trash Auburn fan.

It was a figure of speech. Have a great rest of the night.

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I didn’t mention Deon , what’s he got to do with this? 

You were talking about "making elite hires."

Edited by AUwent

For all those hoping this proves something about Freeze because we almost won…Harsin’s first team almost beat bama too…and if its just about recruits, then how did we have a shot against bama and uga? Im just not convinced Freeze is the guy, bitcas Ive said elsewhere, Im not sure the “right” guy is even out there anywhere. Feels kike we’re destined for disappointment more than success. 😩

• Like 1

Someone clear up my confusion. I thought Alabama intercepted and ran back Auburns last pass fir 6 points. Why no score for that. What did i miss?

4 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

The wait is not worth it. The disappointment is not worth it. The highs almost seem years from reach. My kids are growing up and I like many others on this board showed my ass worse than I have in a while in front of them. 

My son(he’s 23) walked in yelling at me(jokingly) for raising him as an Auburn fan 😂. I said hey bud it builds character! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Eh not sure about that, we would have had a much better QB. Hard to say, but CHF hasn't done enough to say, whoa he is the right person to take us to where we need to be. Broken record, wait till next year, and see how we do, but honestly at this point all I see is excuses and I assume that will continue.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, shabby said:

Someone clear up my confusion. I thought Alabama intercepted and ran back Auburns last pass fir 6 points. Why no score for that. What did i miss?

They say he stepped out of bounds before making it to the end zone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bishoptf said:

Eh not sure about that, we would have had a much better QB. Hard to say, but CHF hasn't done enough to say, whoa he is the right person to take us to where we need to be. Broken record, wait till next year, and see how we do, but honestly at this point all I see is excuses and I assume that will continue.

Coaches' first years, even successful ones, tend to be like that. Norvell, Sarkisian, etc.

Edited by AUwent

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

You were talking about "making elite hires."

I never said Deon was elite.  Maybe you are misunderstanding me. AU has been a laughing stock nationally for years when it comes to boosters, hires, fires, and politics. Those things have kept this program from being an attractive destination for elite coaches. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, AUwent said:

Coaches' first years, even successful ones, tend to be like that.

Meh, I just think we really screwed up when we didnt get kirby, more auburn being auburn and CHF has never won any championships. Maybe he will but I do not think even with better players we win championships, I guess we will see because its all the players as he has told us over and over...we will see...

• Like 1

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

I never said Deon was elite.  Maybe you are misunderstanding me. AU has been a laughing stock nationally for years when it comes to boosters, hires, fires, and politics. Those things have kept this program from being an attractive destination for elite coaches. 

Our boosters are no different from any other SEC programs' boosters. Sick to death of this narrative.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

The boosters, esp 1 booster,  will be why we can turn this thing around.  

Edited by NWALA Tiger

I didn’t want freeze. But I promise, if you want to guarantee the end of au footfall relevance - put him on the hot seat. Bad recruiting and loosing countless players to the portal because of firing 2 coaches in 2 years has brought us to an irrelevance tipping point. Don’t make it 3 or nmsu will be paying us to play them.

Close game today. It hurts but imo everyone needs to take a friggin breath before we further destroy the program.

I believe better times are ahead.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

The boosters, esp 1 booster,  will be why we can turn thus thing around.  

I hope you are correct. I absolutely hope so. 

21 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Shocks I am currently on my work phone. My other phone met its bitter end. AU is responsible for that. As I stated in another thread AU has ruined the majority of my Saturdays in September, October, and November for the last 10 years. AU has let me down more than anything. The complete lack of reality within the school to hire and create a winning culture has brought us to this point. AU does not deserve another thought from me nor anymore emotions. AU doesn’t deserve my money or resources. I can honestly say ive  wasted years on a school that doesn’t give a s*** about its fans. I am over it. 

Like I posted before, AU football is Lucy holding the football and we are Charlie Brown trying to kick it just one more time. 😅

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bishoptf said:

Meh, I just think we really screwed up when we didnt get kirby, more auburn being auburn and CHF has never won any championships. Maybe he will but I do not think even with better players we win championships, I guess we will see because its all the players as he has told us over and over...we will see...

In retrospect yeah Kirby would've been the right move. There was plenty of reason to doubt even him at the time, though. Shows how hard predicting a coach's success will be.

Auburn needs to come to terms with our place in the SEC. We are not going to be a top 5 program in the SEC for the foreseeable future. Maybe in a given year, but to think we are going to consistently out recruit and outperform Bama, UGA, Texas, OU, LSU, or even TAMU...think again. Our battle is with Ole Miss, Miss St, UK,  and Arky to see who can win 8 games and go to the Taxslayer bowl. We are a tier 2 SEC school.

A school like bama expects to find ways to win in the face of the impossible. A school like Auburn expects to find a way to lose the game in the face of certain victory. I was on the phone with my father during the 4th and 31 play, and he told me exactly what would happen, and he nailed it. Every Auburn fan deep down feared that situation because we knew what was about to happen. Because we are Auburn. 

• Dislike 1

Just now, KansasTiger said:

Auburn needs to come to terms with our place in the SEC. We are not going to be a top 5 program in the SEC for the foreseeable future. Maybe in a given year, but to think we are going to consistently out recruit and outperform Bama, UGA, Texas, OU, LSU, or even TAMU...think again. Our battle is with Ole Miss, Miss St, UK,  and Arky to see who can win 8 games and go to the Taxslayer bowl. We are a tier 2 SEC school.

A school like bama expects to find ways to win in the face of the impossible. A school like Auburn expects to find a way to lose the game in the face of certain victory. I was on the phone with my father during the 4th and 31 play, and he told me exactly what would happen, and he nailed it. Every Auburn fan deep down feared that situation because we knew what was about to happen. Because we are Auburn. 

I hate this post because I agree with it. It’s reality. Nailed it. 

Okay. My emotions have settled. Feeling a little dead inside. Hell of a game for a ragtag group just like the UGA game. While the effort doesn’t excuse the loss, I can see flashes of moving in the right direction. If we can beef up this roster, we can get there. I hope these coaches get all the talent here. I’ve been complaining about a few brain dead calls during the game, but at the end of the day, we were poised to win the game at the end until we didn’t. Coaches did some good to make that happen and this ragtag portal team did a helluva lot to make that happen. Two plays away from shocking the world in this game as well as just a few away from beating the puppies in October. I expected around 7-5 this season, but we overlooked nmsu last week. Glad we got a bowl during the rebuild. That’s nice to see. Anyway. War Eagle and to hell with the turds. Can’t wait to see them lose their minds when Satan retires. 

Just now, KansasTiger said:

Sad but true. I’ve been seeing all the “wait til next year, wait til we get our recruits, etc” for a decade.” “We just need a QB, we just need an OL, we just need faster LB’s”. And people still on here like “we’re headed in the right direction “ …folks, just like I have no idea that we’re not…you have no idea that we are. And last week and tonight’s heartbreak certainly don’t breed confidence.