NMSU Post mortem

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, e808 said:

At this point I think it’s just to have a conversation. We know it’s not UGA or Bama level talent that’s obvious. To say Auburns talent is close to NMST is laughable 

Yeah. Our G5 transfers are better than NM st

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Now watch us beat Bama this week and NMSU lose.  

I want to hear the rationale if that happens. 

Hell I’ll take it. 

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

The proof is in the fact these guys are G5 transfers. There is a reason they signed G5 to begin with. Why didn't Bama, GA LSU sign them?

Why are Ole Miss' two best receivers G5 transfers? You realize that Tre Harris, and Dayton Wade, who are #6 and #7 in the conference in receiving yards both came from La Tech and WKU respectively?

How are they so good? 

Your attempt to now shift this argument to "we took G5 players and G5 players are bad" might be even worse than whatever your first point was. Josh Allen played for a G5 school, as did hundreds of other NFL players lmao.

Just now, Didba said:

Check 24/7 sports. Also, isn’t it possible that someone transferring from G5 is transferring because when they came out of high school they were graded low for a number of reasons but now have transferred to SEC schools because of XYZ reasons making them SEC caliber players?

I mean surely there are players at the G5 level that continue to develop and grow thus leading to their transfer?

I agree. My point is the number of them that we are relying on to make significant contributions is staggering.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

The proof is in the fact these guys are G5 transfers. There is a reason they signed G5 to begin with. Why didn't Bama, GA LSU sign them?

To that point there are only so many players a power 5 school can take some will go to a G5 school. If the opportunity presents itself they will move on. . Like @metafourstated these guys were the best on those teams. They weren’t backups

1 minute ago, metafour said:

Why are Ole Miss' two best receivers G5 transfers? You realize that Tre Harris, and Dayton Wade, who are #6 and #7 in the conference in receiving yards both came from La Tech and WKU respectively?

How are they so good? 

Your attempt to now shift this argument to "we took G5 players and G5 players are bad" might be even worse than whatever your first point was. Josh Allen played for a G5 school, as did hundreds of other NFL players lmao.

Hell, Mahomes played for Tech which is basically an FCS school /s 

2 minutes ago, metafour said:

How are they so good? 

No, my point is the number of them we are counting on to help us win. Sure 1 or 2 sprinkled in can always help. We are counting on way more than that to try o win

4 minutes ago, e808 said:

To that point there are only so many players a power 5 school can take some will go to a G5 school. If the opportunity presents itself they will move on. . Like @metafourstated these guys were the best on those teams. They weren’t backups

And they have only played together for 8 months. Most came in together after Freeze

Just now, Didba said:

Check 24/7 sports. Also, isn’t it possible that someone transferring from G5 is transferring because when they came out of high school they were graded low for a number of reasons but now have transferred to SEC schools because of XYZ reasons making them SEC caliber players?

I mean surely there are players at the G5 level that continue to develop and grow thus leading to their transfer?

I was about to say pretty much the same thing. How many times in a roster lineup have you heard an NFL player state their alma mater was Northwest ____ State? One of the best receivers to ever play the game, John Stallworth, played just up the road from me at Alabama A&M. Some guys take that giant leap to the next level in their size and talent when they are 20-22 years old when they were basically average at 18-19 years old.
I don’t think we were taking any G5 transfer just for the sake of filling a spot. Many of these players were producing where they played and we felt our coaches could build on that.

• Thanks 1

By the way, even spinning this discussion to "we don't have SEC talent" seems silly. What is "SEC talent"? We beat 3 SEC teams this season and came within a combined 14 points of two of the best teams in the SEC (one of which is the #1 team in the country).

This roster clearly doesn't have the talent to be a top SEC team. But it has SEC talent, otherwise we would have been winless in the SEC. Only 2 out of the 7 SEC games we played were dominated by the opponent.

This is not even close to being the least talented roster in the SEC, hence why it is absolutely hilarious to suggest that a 21 point beatdown at home against a G5 team which had NEVER beaten an SEC opponent was due to a lack of "talent". 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, metafour said:

By the way, even spinning this discussion to "we don't have SEC talent" seems silly. What is "SEC talent"? We beat 3 SEC teams this season and came within a combined 14 points of two of the best teams in the SEC (one of which is the #1 team in the country).

This roster clearly doesn't have the talent to be a top SEC team. But it has SEC talent, otherwise we would have been winless in the SEC. Only 2 out of the 7 SEC games we played were dominated by the opponent.

This is not even close to being the least talented roster in the SEC, hence why it is absolutely hilarious to suggest that a 21 point beatdown at home against a G5 team which had NEVER beaten an SEC opponent was due to a lack of "talent". 

The oddsmakers (they like to make money) had us as a 26 point favorite yesterday. They evidently felt we had significantly more talent than NMSU. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, metafour said:

Talent had something to do with it but not much. 

This was a Coaching Prep Loss AND a Total Lack of Leadership in the trenches. If some guy 2/3s your size is bitch slapping you for 60 solid minutes, that is not on coaching. That is on you. Put your jock strap on and show up for work. I am so f'in disappointed in how our kids didnt fight back. How they just stood there getting humiliated and DID NOTHING. That says a ton about our team. If you are a real ball player, you want to beat everybody and everything. You were born with a chip on your shoulder. Not so much for our guys. They didnt seem to ever man up and say "Oh Hell Nah." They just stood there and got beat AT HOME by a FAR LESSER Team. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, metafour said:

The loss was the lack of alot of things. Not talented enuf to roll our helmets out and expect to win. Not prepared to play. Zero emotion. Going thru the motions etc. Simply not good enuf yet to sleepwalk thru a game against anybody and expect to win.

The flip side to that is Ole Miss. Their talent difference against ULM overwhelmed the War Hawks after only leading 7 -3 at the half. We ain't there yet.

Obviously we don't have elite-level talent right now. But, does anybody really believe lack of talent is the reason we got humiliated by NMSU at home? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DKW 86 said:

Talent had something to do with it but not much. 

This was a Coaching Prep Loss AND a Total Lack of Leadership in the trenches. If some guy 2/3s your size is bitch slapping you for 60 solid minutes, that is not on coaching. That is on you. Put your jock strap on and show up for work. I am so f'in disappointed in how our kids didnt fight back. How they just stood there getting humiliated and DID NOTHING. That says a ton about our team. If you are a real ball player, you want to beat everybody and everything. You were born with a chip on your shoulder. Not so much for our guys. They didnt seem to ever man up and say "Oh Hell Nah." The just stood there and got beat AT HOME by a FAR LESSER Team. 

Earlier in the year, it was all because we had no talent, according to you.  

Just now, Dwayne Pride said:

Earlier in the year, it was all because we had no talent, according to you.  

Against SEC Teams, it sure was. In case you missed the memo, this wasnt an SEC Team...

1 minute ago, Dan-0 said:

Obviously we don't have elite-level talent right now. But, does anybody really believe lack of talent is the reason we got humiliated by NMSU at home? 

We don't have enuf talent to just show up and win. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DKW 86 said:

Against SEC Teams, it sure was. In case you missed the memo, this wasnt an SEC Team...

AU      10
TAMU 27

UGA 27
AU   20

AU   18
LSU 48

Ole Miss 28
AU           21

Just now, Dwayne Pride said:

You, sir, are a condescending *radio edit*.  

Keep moving those goalposts.  

I didnt move the goalposts, I just showed the real context.

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

We don't have enuf talent to just show up and win. 

Evidently, our coaches and a lot of our players mistakenly thought we do. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Keep telling yourself you’re the smartest guy in the room.  

That aint even smart, that is just paying attention. We did not lose because of talent to NMSU. We lost on Coach Prep and Total Lack of Leadership on the field. Nothing more. Hell I think you agree with me if you cooled off for 5 minutes.

We are all hot and hurt. This is not AU Football. Truth, we havent had to many AU Days in the last 10 years.

Edited by DKW 86

17 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

And they have only played together for 8 months. Most came in together after Freeze

Another point a one dimensional Auburn team blew out a much more talented WKU last year with an interim coach. Statistically Auburn is ranked the same as last year. So how does that make sense.

• Like 2