NMSU Post mortem

TitanTiger

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Well when I said roster, of course I should have clarified starters since they play the biggest part of the minutes

But even if that was your point, behind some of those starters are quality guys (Based on recruiting rankings, etc, etc). Like Caleb Burton was recruited by tOSU. Give me one single player from NMSU who signed with tOSU.

Edited by DAG

1 minute ago, metafour said:

His point is non-extant.

The G5 players we took were largely the best players from their G5 teams. Even if they are all "G5 players", that still doesn't put us at 21 point deficit against New Mexico State who isn't even the best G5 team in their own conference, let alone the best G5 team in the country.

The idea that New Mexico State has more talent than us is absolutely moronic. I'm embarrassed for @NWALA Tiger. Dude needs to grow a pair and just admit that our coaching let an unacceptable loss occur. That's it.

And what does it accomplish.  Nothing changes. 

12 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

The biggest majority

I’m sorry but lol. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

But even if that was your point, behind some of those starters are quality guys (Based on recruiting rankings, etc, etc). Like Caleb Burton was recruited and played for tOSU. Give me one single player from NMSU who signed with tOSU.

The back up QB signed w Texas a@m

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

The back up QB signed w Texas a@m

Yes and Our back up QB signed with Oregon and the third stringer was blue chip QB out of high school 

Just for u... the majority 

lol I was just playing with that one, the grammar nazi lawyer in me couldn’t help but chuckle. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Why did no one say we have a Group of 5 team when we almost beat Georgia lol 

Because that is not how it works, you know this

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, metafour said:

His point is non-extant.

The G5 players we took were largely the best players from their G5 teams. Even if they are all "G5 players", that still doesn't put us at 21 point deficit against New Mexico State who isn't even the best G5 team in their own conference, let alone the best G5 team in the country.

The idea that New Mexico State has more talent than us is absolutely moronic. I'm embarrassed for @NWALA Tiger. Dude needs to grow a pair and just admit that our coaching let an unacceptable loss occur. That's it.

Well our “better” players absolutely did not play better yesterday. It definitely was not all plan or scheme so I put equal amounts of blame on the players as the coaches.

Just now, Didba said:

Well yeah I love to be condescending in response to passive aggressiveness.

weird second paragraph with a typo; but I’ll just assume in good faith you weren’t trying to imply anything. 

exactly, and I said in my opinion the worse loss was 2013 FSU we had the NC in our pocket and gave up a huge lead. That game had stakes and actually mattered. which makes it worse to me. 

However, the loss yesterday is easily the most embarrassing loss but to me worse loss and most embarrassing loss aren’t the inherently always the same thing. 

Ok, champ, you keep doing you. No passive aggressiveness here, my opinion was just that and yours is what it is.

Oh my goodness, I had a typo, so I may need to go before the grammar police to see what my fine is. Pointing it out says more about you and your maturity level than it does me putting an extra “know” into my response.

It appears you have some “ism” where you feel you have to get the last word in, so go ahead and respond, and we’ll give you the internet trophy of superiority today. Just put it next to all the other ones.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It was as true then as it is now

I don’t think it’s true in the past present or future, but it just seems a bit…excuse-like…to heavily imply we have NMSU level talent when that same talent competed against Ole Miss, UGA, blew the doors off of other SEC teams, acts that many G5 rosters usually can’t do. 

It was as true then as it is now

Stop it bro. U really think a group of 5 team would stay within one score of UGA. Cmon man . Since the Auburn game UGA has beaten teams by at least two scores and some of it was without Bowers.

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Well our “better” players absolutely did not play better yesterday. It definitely was not all plan or scheme so I put equal amounts of blame on the players as the coaches.

No. Man up and admit it's all on the coachs (sarcasm)

Edited by NWALA Tiger

Just now, e808 said:

Stop it bro. U really think a group of 5 team would stay within one score of UGA. Cmon man . Since the Auburn game UGA has beaten teams by at least two scores and some of it was without Bowers.

Our roster was the same then as now, so u tell me

And what does it accomplish.  Nothing changes. 

It accomplishes the truth, which is that we simply came unprepared to play and let a less talented G5 team whoop us from start to finish in our own house. Unfortunately this is a repeated pattern with Freeze coached teams.

Versus what you are trying to argue which is that apparently the loss wasn't that bad because New Mexico State has more talent, which is absurd and outright a lie. That New Mexico State team has losses to 4-8 Hawaii, 3-8 UMASS (a team we KILLED), and 11-0 Liberty.

So am I to believe that Hawaii has more talent than us? UMASS has more talent? But wait, we killed UMASS.

New Mexico State put a bigger beating on us than they did against a bunch of legitimately crap G5 schools. Just two weeks ago they barely won 13-7 against a 4-7 MTSU team. So I guess I'm to conclude that MTSU has more talent than us too lmao?

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, metafour said:

It accomplishes the truth, which is that we simply came unprepared to play and let a less talented G5 team whoop us from start to finish in our own house. Unfortunately this is a repeated pattern with Freeze coached teams.

Versus what you are trying to argue which is that apparently the loss wasn't that bad because New Mexico State has more talent, which is absurd and outright a lie. That New Mexico State team has losses to 4-8 Hawaii, 3-8 UMASS (a team we KILLED), and 11-0 Liberty.

So am I to believe that Hawaii has more talent than us? UMASS has more talent? But wait, we killed UMASS.

New Mexico State put a bigger beating on us than they did against a bunch of legitimately crap G5 schools. Just two weeks ago they barely won 13-7 against a 4-7 MTSU team. So I guess I'm to conclude that MTSU has more talent than us too lmao?

I'm really not understanding your point. Mine is simple. We don't have anything close to an SEC type roster. It's more in line with G5 proven by how many of their transfers we have. I get it. U despise Freeze.   I also never said the loss wasnt bad. Show the quote where I said that. I quoted on here how embarrassing it was. But it's not a referendum on Freezes tenure at AU.

Edited by NWALA Tiger

Our roster was the same then as now, so u tell me

Ok do u think NMSt competes with UGA or keeps it close. Also talent doesn’t equal success . Otherwise Jimbo would have a job. I am not saying Freeze should be fired but for right now the lose is bad as it gets. Auburn never really gained traction anytime in the game

6 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

It's the coaches responsibility to make sure their players are playing with the appropriate effort and intensity. Certain coaches keep their teams laser focused, others do not. These same players were plenty ready to take on #1 Georgia and go step for spte against them. If you actually look at Freeze's history, there is a repeated pattern which proves that he does not seem to possess the focus to keep his team ready week in and week out. This is becoming all too much a worrying pattern with him.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, metafour said:

We all get it. U hate Freeze

• Haha 2