NMSU Post mortem

TitanTiger

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Coach Kill looked like a cow chewing on his cud . Taking his time . Brilliant . Play keep away. Basic and easy to coach. Our offense wasn’t good anyways, so taking even one possession kills the team 

100%

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

No, it's really not false. We are  G5 team roster wise. Who do we have on our team that would start on Ole Miss, GA, Bama, LSU, Mizzou? Who? Maybe our kicker?

Who from New Mexico State would start on our team? 

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I tend to agree

It’s pretty easy to look that up on 24/7 sports. Seeing that Bama in 07-09 was in a historical low point in their program I bet they weren’t more talented. 

Just now, DAG said:

We are not a G5 team roster wise, that is a bonafide lie. Do you have any proof to back that up?

Yes, I do have proof. 75% of our team is made up of JUCO, App St, Vandy, Tulsa, Purdue,  North Texas, FIU. W. KY, The list goes on and on. Our WR room is worse than G 5. Not only a G 5 roster, but a G5 roster that's been together 8 months

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Yes, I do have proof. 75% of our team is made up of JUCO, App St, Vandy, Tulsa, Purdue,  North Texas, FIU. W. KY, The list goes on and on. Our WR room is worse than G 5. Not only a G 5 roster, but a G5 roster that's been together 8 months

Show us the rankings and proof. Give me some Data. I put my data on this board.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

get fired up, get off their ass and folks, if they cant respond to on the field beat down, we need to punt half of them off the team.

This is what I can't understand. I think I could have played harder than our team yesterday, just from sheer emotion and aggravation. How did they stay so unmotivated while we were being completely humiliated at home? Why wasn't our HC able to light a fire under their a$$es? Particularly after their QB body slammed Pritchett. So many questions about the demeanor of the team yesterday. 

20 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Somebody yesterday said losing to FSU in the 2013 National Championship was just as bad….😐

I can think of a couple that we pulled a win out of our butts that would have been equally bad, but I can’t think of one like this.

You misunderstood what I was saying entirely about the 2013 team but that’s not surprising.

You guys think this is worse because your pride is tied to auburn football’s performance and so losing in an embarrassing fashion feels a lot worse because it hurts your pride as an auburn fan.

In reality, this was a nothing game in a throw away year where there were no stakes at all. 

Edited by Didba

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

What rankings are you talking about. U watch the games, u should know where the starters come from 

• Haha 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

What rankings are you talking about. U watch the games, u should know where the starters come from 

So you have no data? You are just talking.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

It’s easy to look up on 24/7 sports they have rankings going back yeeeaars. 

Just now, Didba said:

It’s easy to look up on 24/7 sports they have rankings going back yeeeaars. 

Exactly...just a lazy argument. 

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

You misunderstood what I was saying entirely about the 2013 team but that’s not surprising.

You guys think this is worse because your pride is tied to auburn football’s performance and so losing in an embarrassing fashion feels a lot worse because it hurts your pride as an auburn fan.

In reality, this was a nothing game in a throw away year where there were no stakes at all. 

Great point.  

In other words (and it goes the other way as well)…

YOU are NOT your football team. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Didba said:

I was fine with any of the candidates we were in the running for. I didn’t have a “choice” and even if I did it doesn’t matter so I don’t see why you even ask  

Why there has to be “hugh freezers” or “non-Hugh freezers” is mind numbing to me.  

Because some people have to operate in absolutes to prove a point…one of the earlier posts asks who would start from our team on the elite SEC teams from this year. That was to prove a point that we have a G5 roster 

I didn’t know not having Alabama or LSU level players meant that we have a G5 level roster though. There feels like a little bit of a gap between Alabama level roster and New Mexico St level roster…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Didba said:

“But that’s not surprising”? You love to be condescending on a message board, don’t you?

My life or my pride is not tied to the outcome of a football game, but hey, you know probably know best.

The discussion was if this was the worst loss we’ve had and the context was in terms of an embarrassing loss against a team we should’ve beaten but instead got manhandled by. 

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Where is Mccleod from?

Hand picking the best G5 players to supplement your roster does not mean you have a G5 roster. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

NMS was full of a roster that has not finished inside of the top 100 in recruiting in the last 3 years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

He is in the 25%

but you said we have a FULL ROSTER of G5 PLAYERS over 75%

Edited by DAG