Iron Bowl Visitor Thread

alabastertiger

15 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Can’t wait for us to start landing the 5 star OTs 

Same. Might be able to get some guys in the portal. Landing quality OL in the portal is pretty tough though. 

21 hours ago, Mikey said:

I'll submit that a lot of the spite aimed at Bo Nix was fan frustration with Gus. It just flowed over. That's still no excuse for the dissin' Bo took.

I believe you are right. Gus is a good man, but maddening as a coach.

On 11/26/2023 at 3:49 PM, RunInRed said:

What this says to me is "if I say no then I have less leverage to drive my price up with $puat".

He could have said heck they have a shot but chose to go negative. Of course I'm no psychologist.

6 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

Can’t wait for us to start landing the 5 star OTs 

I can't wait til there's more than 2 in the entire class for every team to swoon over.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I can't wait til there's more than 2 in the entire class for every team to swoon over.

We we can always just load up on skill players and average landing 0 to 1 O-lineman per year. Oh the Gus Ole Days.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is a little off topic but I saw a tweet the other day ... speaking of WRs ... Malzahn had Kyle Davis, Nate Craig-Myers, Ryan Davis and Eli Stove all on the roster at the same time an none of them made it to the league.  Insane.

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1

43 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

This is a little off topic but I saw a tweet the other day ... speaking of WRs ... Malzahn had Kyle Davis, Nate Craig-Myers, Ryan Davis and Eli Stove all on the roster at the same time an none of them made it to the league.  Insane.

Was thinking Stove made an NFL roster.

3 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Was thinking Stove made an NFL roster.

Almost. Was an UDFA w/ the Chargers and then injuries hit.  Never made the roster.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

It's because they came in as HS studs and left as high school stud equivalent. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RunInRed said:

This is a little off topic but I saw a tweet the other day ... speaking of WRs ... Malzahn had Kyle Davis, Nate Craig-Myers, Ryan Davis and Eli Stove all on the roster at the same time a none of them made it to the league.  Insane.

To be fair, Nate didn’t do much in multiple programs.

• Like 1