The mother of hit pieces!

AuCivilEng1

7 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

The TL:DR version of this is that we should group-write an article, then submit it to these guys and let the revenue (it won't be much! ) go to this site. 

@BigBird, @Golf, come up with an article title. Doesn't have to be about AU, just about any SEC team. 

@fifty, go get yourself all wound up, then just write whatever comes to mind from their title. 

Rest of us will group edit, should have this done by next week. It will make at least as much sense as that article did, and might even cause consternation on a rival board! 

i am so innocent you guys should call me Saint fifty...........

7 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

The TL:DR version of this is that we should group-write an article, then submit it to these guys and let the revenue (it won't be much! ) go to this site. 

@BigBird, @Golf, come up with an article title. Doesn't have to be about AU, just about any SEC team. 

@fifty, go get yourself all wound up, then just write whatever comes to mind from their title. 

Rest of us will group edit, should have this done by next week. It will make at least as much sense as that article did, and might even cause consternation on a rival board! 

How about, “Saban denies using Booster Seat when getting a haircut, Barber tells different story”.

image.jpeg.00e390125348ca015ec016c71ab9f744.jpeg

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, AUINSY said:

Bro, I read the original article from Fly War Eagle the other day, and almost posted it here, but I thought it was the biggest, steamiest pile of crap I ever read it wasn’t worth it wasting my time. I’m not saying anything negative towards you, I just couldn’t actually believe someone who cares or claims to care (i.e. the author) about Auburn and Auburn football would even consider such a ridiculous statement. The only teams to have played for a national title in the SEC this century are Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, and LSU. We’re an SEC founding member, and even the thought of leaving the SEC is the most asinine, unthinkable, absurd thing I’ve ever heard. 

Not only that, but the ACC is crumbling before our eyes. Dabo and Clemson is evaporating and FSU wants out ASAP. I bet they regret not joining the SEC now. We’ve been down the past few years, but it was only a few years ago we beat back-to-back #1 teams with Gustav. We’re now poaching recruits from Bama and UGA. No way in h3!! that Auburn leaves the SEC for the ACC. 

AU and uat were less than a minute away from winning 5 championships in a row not that long ago. This article is rubbish. Said in my best George Harrison voice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Meh.  It was a conference school homer stirring the pot.  Not something asinine written by someone supposedly on the Auburn side of things.  

20 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

That same website has had a few of those kind of articles this week. Let’s see here..

Arkansas record since Petrino got fired…

56-79 or a 41% winning percentage.

5 bowl appearance as well. 

IMG_3995.jpeg

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

That same website has had a few of those kind of articles this week. Let’s see here..

Arkansas record since Petrino got fired…

56-79 or a 41% winning percentage.

5 bowl appearance as well. 

IMG_3995.jpeg

Chad morris was their version of Harsin. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i cannot believe some of you guys get so enraged over this stuff. hell i just laugh at their stupidity.

15 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i cannot believe some of you guys get so enraged over this stuff. hell i just laugh at their stupidity.

You have a rare gift, my acquaintance.  I don’t want to call you a friend because you could be a psychopath.  

3 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

You have a rare gift, my acquaintance.  I don’t want to call you a friend because you could be a psychopath.  

i try to be all about love and humor but i  to be brutally honest i just got lucky. i did however used to be a psychopath in bed with the ladies. i have refs to prove it too.........grins

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i try to be all about love and humor but i  to be brutally honest i just got lucky. i did however used to be a psychopath in bed with the ladies. i have refs to prove it too.........grins

You are quite insane, it appears.  I like you.  Despite the lack of capitalization. 

1 minute ago, Dwayne Pride said:

You are quite insane, it appears.  I like you.  Despite the lack of capitalization. 

thanx.i know i am a lazy typer but i am so old if i got everything typed correctly i would forget half of what i am saying. that is about half true....................but i am glad we can be friends.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

thanx.i know i am a lazy typer but i am so old if i got everything typed correctly i would forget half of what i am saying. that is about half true....................but i am glad we can be friends.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.  Let’s don’t get ahead of ourselves.  Friends is a strong bond.  I may need references to solidify that.  

I would form an alliance with you to start kicking other people off the island, if you are interested.  

38 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa.  Let’s don’t get ahead of ourselves.  Friends is a strong bond.  I may need references to solidify that.  

I would form an alliance with you to start kicking other people off the island, if you are interested.  

have you got sun screen and gummys?

1 minute ago, Dwayne Pride said:

I am currently in Chicagoland so I have really good gummies. 

they are strong here that i dare not drive. grins