Arkansas game score prediction

aucat

2 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Why are we here?

I'm guessing that's a rhetorical question. I'm sure you know the answer.

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I thought we got over road woe this week at Vandy?

There was a poster before me that referred to it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Never2Yield said:

Who are we?

I’m not doubting that we are still in rebuild mode. The previous poster suggested that beating Florida was a big deal. This year, it isn’t.

• Like 3

Arkansas had lost 6 straight games until yesterday. That's a bad Florida team that they beat. There's some bad football being played in the SEC this year now that I think about it. Anyway, Arkansas lost 7-3 2 weeks ago to Mississippi State. I know Rocket Sanders is back but I still think we take this game. We've played well in Fayetteville for a decade now.

Auburn - 24

Arkansas - 19

7 hours ago, woodford said:

That same Arkansas team just scored 39 in The Swamp. It appears to be a different offense than just a couple of weeks ago.

The OC change definitely seems to have helped. And getting Sanders back.

Arkansas is a hard team to figure out this year. How do you play to within 3 points @ LSU and @ Alabama but then lose to bad BYU and MSU teams at home? Also had a lead against Ole Miss on the road in the 4th.

On paper the defense is only ranked 9th in PPG given up in the SEC but considering the offense came into the weekend ranked 120th in the country, the defense has actually done a pretty solid job most of the season despite getting hung out to dry constantly. They do lead the country in defensive touchdowns. Travis Williams has been great so I’m sure it will be weird for him coaching against his former team.

Needless to say the next three games might decide if Pittman is back next year so winning the Florida game was a big step.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

We will need to score around 30 to win IMO.

Arkys O is starting to click.. they’re going to score on us, we gotta keep up..

Thorne will need his best game of the year for us to win.

Thorne will need receivers to actually receive the ball for AU to win.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, gohogs14 said:

The OC change definitely seems to have helped. And getting Sanders back.

Arkansas is a hard team to figure out this year. How do you play to within 3 points @ LSU and @ Alabama but then lose to bad BYU and MSU teams at home? Also had a lead against Ole Miss on the road in the 4th.

On paper the defense is only ranked 9th in PPG given up in the SEC but considering the offense came into the weekend ranked 120th in the country, the defense has actually done a pretty solid job most of the season despite getting hung out to dry constantly. They do lead the country in defensive touchdowns. Travis Williams has been great so I’m sure it will be weird for him coaching against his former team.

Needless to say the next three games might decide if Pittman is back next year so winning the Florida game was a big step.

Arkansas is a lot like Auburn in terms of offensive efficiency, I think Arkansas is a little better in some regards. Defense has better numbers for sure.

Do Hawgs fans even want Pittman back? If they don't go out and try to get someone who can make them compete, I would take that as sort of waving a white flag going into this new SEC. That's just my IMO.

Win4AU, what is a 
War Eagle?

Arkansas has underperformed relative to their talent this year.  And weirdly, they've played better on the road than at home.  Outside of two rent-a-wins early, this is how it stacks up:

Home
L - BYU 38-31
L - A&M 34-22
L - Miss State 7-3

Away
L - LSU 34-31
L - Ole Miss 27-20
L - Alabama 24-21
W - Florida 39-36 (OT)

Their road schedule was much harder but they took three of the best teams in the league to the wire and got the upset at Florida.

I do feel like Auburn will be one of the best defenses they've faced probably outside of Bama.  I also think Auburn has started to establish itself on offense.

Fayettenam is always a weird game.  But I don't think all of Arkansas' issues that lead to a 3-6 record are resolved.

Auburn 28
Arkansas 23

• Like 1

FPI predicts Arky win.

If the they play like they did against MSU, we win easily.

If they play like they did against Ole Miss, LSU, Bama, or Florida, Arky could win.

Unfortunately, I think Arky has figured something out on O.

Fortunately, I think we are getting even better on D and improving marginally on O.

AU 34- Arky 31

19 hours ago, woodford said:

That same Arkansas team just scored 39 in The Swamp. It appears to be a different offense than just a couple of weeks ago.

26 in regulation if you dismiss the defensive score and OT score but still much better than I thought they would do after firing Enos and promoting their WR coach to OC. At home, I would feel okay about it but not so much on the road.   

Against SEC competition, Auburn has scored the following TDs:

Game 1: - 1 TD

Game 2: - 2 TD

Game 3 - 2 TD

Game 4 - 3 TD

Game 5 - 3 TD

Game 6 - 4 TD

This is game 7, so I predict the progress continues.  4 TDs (maybe 5) and a couple of field goals.  And because Arky has a pulse on O, I give them 3 TDs.

Auburn 34,  Arky 27

24 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Arkansas has underperformed relative to their talent this year.  And weirdly, they've played better on the road than at home.  Outside of two rent-a-wins early, this is how it stacks up:

Home
L - BYU 38-31
L - A&M 34-22
L - Miss State 7-3

Away
L - LSU 34-31
L - Ole Miss 27-20
L - Alabama 24-21
W - Florida 39-36 (OT)

Their road schedule was much harder but they took three of the best teams in the league to the wire and got the upset at Florida.

I do feel like Auburn will be one of the best defenses they've faced probably outside of Bama.  I also think Auburn has started to establish itself on offense.

Fayettenam is always a weird game.  But I don't think all of Arkansas' issues that lead to a 3-6 record are resolved.

Auburn 28
Arkansas 23

Hard to take data across the season and expect it to point to how things work out for this game IMO due to new OC. They seem much better balanced and getting new offense. I hope we pull it out but numbers really point to us being even with them getting a few points (home field advantage). That usually works out to winner majes fewest TO’s.

8 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Hard to take data across the season and expect it to point to how things work out for this game IMO due to new OC. They seem much better balanced and getting new offense. I hope we pull it out but numbers really point to us being even with them getting a few points (home field advantage). That usually works out to winner majes fewest TO’s.

Eh, not that hard.  The new OC has coached one game against a mediocre defense.  The old OC who was supposedly so bad managed to score 31 vs BYU, 31 @ LSU, 22 vs A&M, 20 @ Ole Miss, and 21 @ Alabama.  And one of Arkansas' TDs vs Florida was a defensive score while the other came in OT starting from the FL 25 yd line.  Other than the stinker against MSU, their offense has been fine all year.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Eh, not that hard.  The new OC has coached one game against a mediocre defense.  The old OC who was supposedly so bad managed to score 31 vs BYU, 31 @ LSU, 22 vs A&M, 20 @ Ole Miss, and 21 @ Alabama.  And one of Arkansas' TDs vs Florida was a defensive score.  Other than the stinker against MSU, their offense has been fine all year.

True, someone had to go after that game so he was chosen, probably because they had a potential replacement. It works that way sometimes. I just feel the offense changed after OC change (my assumption, not data driven opinion).

Edited by Hank2020

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Trye, someone had to go after that game so he was chosen, probably because they had a potential replacement. It works that way sometimes. I just feel the offense changed after OC change (my assumption, not data driven opinion).

The "new" offense produced 26 points in regulation.  Which is pretty good, but also right in line with their output all year, outside of the MSU game.  And that's with them getting their starting RB back.

We'll see.  I definitely don't think it'll be a cakewalk by any stretch.  I just didn't see anything that made me think there's been some revolutionary improvement vs their season up to that point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Eh, not that hard.  The new OC has coached one game against a mediocre defense.  The old OC who was supposedly so bad managed to score 31 vs BYU, 31 @ LSU, 22 vs A&M, 20 @ Ole Miss, and 21 @ Alabama.  And one of Arkansas' TDs vs Florida was a defensive score while the other came in OT starting from the FL 25 yd line.  Other than the stinker against MSU, their offense has been fine all year.

There were defensive/special teams scores in some other games as well, so it was really 24 against BYU (aided by a fumble recovery with a short field) and 15 against A&M. 

There are definitely still some warts on the Arkansas offense and the OL is horrible but the game against Florida I believe was the highest yardage output of the season.