*Official Auburn vs. Vanderbilt Game Thread*

abw0004

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

1 minute ago, MaitlandTiger said:

I got a last minute project handed to me, so I'm working, I’m catching bits and pieces.  I see first down, then I blink and we are punting.  I definitely missed the passing creativity.  Saw Fair catch one for zero, then catch one for negative five, made my play-calling insult prematurely.  Surprised (to be corrected and told that) we are mixing it up.  Done with project, looking forward to the second half.  Montgomery has turned in ridiculous offenses in the not-too-distant past.  Absurd yardage, major accolades and awards. Which makes things even more frustrating 

Go get a drink and settle in for some real entertainment, because so far it’s a clown show.

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m not pissed off at the score so much. It’s the fact that we went right back to our vanilla run run run offense for no reason.

Yep....

We haven’t looked good.

1)The first down play calls need to improve

2)Catch the ball

3)we win going away

• Like 1

Guess what? We are winning in spite of the missed opportunities/ drops/ pick six.We win this and we are on the way to at least a 7 win season. It doesn’t matter how we get there it will be considered a successful season, would it not?

4 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

They’re stacking the box, as they should since Hunter burned them twice already. Wish we could catch the ball because we’d torch the Vandy defense with some decent passing game. 

Even when receivers are dropping passes, Thorne holds the ball too long, otherwise.. I’m over the entire QB experiment.

Edited by Swamp Eagle

2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I miss relevancy.

Well yeah but Drink is in his fourth year there. Take a look at his first three years there.

Just now, tbone4jc said:

Guess what? We are winning in spite of the missed opportunities/ drops/ pick six.We win this and we are on the way to at least a 7 win season. It doesn’t matter how we get there it will be considered a successful season, would it not?

Where do you get 7 wins?

Win tod@y 

Win vs NMSt

What am I missing?

• Like 1

Just now, AUGoo said:

Where do you get 7 wins?

Win tod@y 

Win vs NMSt

What am I missing?

I’m assuming Arkansas 

• Haha 1

As bad as it is, it would be exponentially more infuriating if we were aTm level of underachievement WITH that talent. And having to suffer Jimbospeak. I don't hate it for them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Gosh. That’s like saying, “hey, although you’re washing your behind with sandpaper, at least you’re getting it clean!”

• Haha 2

WTH does the Offense practice during the week, seriously???

Average offensive players with below average coaching is what we have here. Which is disappointing because we were told Montgomery was a coach who could get a lot out of average players 

I didn’t expect much this season. Hoped for a winning season, better disciplined play, player development, competent coaching, and something to build on for the next year.  It will be interesting to see how this year ends. 

Moments like this make me think of Jimmy Buffett-“if we couldn’t laugh, we would all go insane.” 

7 run plays on 1st down for a net of 14 yards.

Thorne is 10-17 with drops by Johnson, Battie, Brown and Kelley.

I bad officiating call on Simpson on the muffed punt.

2 long Tds run, one where he broke 2 tackles.

4 guys who can't recover a muffed punt.

Another half with no sacks by our D.   Our secondary plays at a high level and Vandy has at least 3 drops.

Bad block by Riley on the non-play side that resulted in us losing 4 points.

Very weird game.

1 minute ago, Never2Yield said:

WTH does the Offense practice during the week, seriously???

image.png.6ec70f9b5aa0f1db65f51db30201f092.png

• Haha 2

Did you see the stat that AU was second in the nation for fewest drops?!?

Thats a lot of bad pass catching!

Just now, LPTiger said:

7 run plays on 1st down for a net of 14 yards.

Thorne is 10-17 with drops by Johnson, Battie, Brown and Kelley.

I bad officiating call on Simpson on the muffed punt.

2 long Tds run, one where he broke 2 tackles.

4 guys who can't recover a muffed punt.

Another half with no sacks by our D.   Our secondary plays at a high level and Vandy has at least 3 drops.

Bad block by Riley on the non-play side that resulted in us losing 4 points.

Very weird game.

How many 1st down plays have we had?

That is my biggest gripe with the offensive coaching. When we throw on first down we are usually much more successful. Freeze needs an analyst that can see this crap. 

1 minute ago, AU120289 said:

I didn’t expect much this season. Hoped for a winning season, better disciplined play, player development, competent coaching, and something to build on for the next year.  It will be interesting to see how this year ends. 

Moments like this make me think of Jimmy Buffett-“if we couldn’t laugh, we would all go insane.” 

Agreed. Didn’t expect much over .500, but also didn’t expect to look this bad along the way. This is game 9, and we look like we trot out there for game 1 every week.