Freeze responds to not being aggressive enough

Auburn93

12 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This is the beginning of the dynasty DAG. Breathe it in, brother! It’s not about wins and losses anymore. It’s about how dominant we look.

😂image.gif.977c9f5b59ece7f53ae30deb137992df.gif

Lol in the words of Saban 

“Before I got here we were just happy to win a game, now it is about how we win.”

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Yes, in real time it seemed super conservative.  But when you look at the actual drives and situations they came in, I don't think so.

I couldn't agree more.  I was initially a little irritated but once I reviewed the big picture of the actual drives, I realized that the offensive play calling wasn't near as conservation as it had earlier appeared.  

Here's something to think about:  if we would have lost the game because of aggressive play calling and it would have cost us a post-season bowl appearance, at the end of the season many folks would be questioning why the play calling wasn't more conservative against MSU.  

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Lol in the words of Saban 

“Before I got here we were just happy to win a game, now it is about how we win.”

Sometimes folks have nothing better to do than analyze & criticize.  A four-game losing streak had folks in a mood for a full month, it's hard to get out of a rut like that.  

• Like 1

It was correct to be conservative in the 4th quarter possessions.  However, it had nothing to do with their D.  It did have everything to do with field position.

I think the only problem with fans is,,, the memory of Gus going up 2 or 3 scores and then,,, going into the "don't lose" shell.  The emotional scars may never heal.

• Like 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Freeze responds to not being aggressive enough