Liberals Already Attacking New Speaker

PUB78

Another article where a Christian is pretending like they are being persecuted? Shocking....

People don't hate Mike Johnson because he's a Christian. They hate him because he's an idiot and thinks that everyone in America should be subject to laws dictated by the Bible and his personal religious beliefs. 

Big difference between believing in something and believing that the Government should force everyone else to act and believe in the same things.

In the early-mid 2000's Johnson was writing op-ed articles stating that Gay sex/marriage should be illegal and that allowing Gay marriage was evil and would lead to pedophilia, bestiality, etc becoming legal.

He also believed the ridiculous conspiracy theory that Dominion was using hacked software from Venezuela in the election.

He's anti-Democratic and believes Christians are better people than everyone else, and that Government should be used to regulate non-Christians into more Christian behavior. That's a very dangerous mindset. 

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1

27 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Another article where a Christian is pretending like they are being persecuted? Shocking....

Correct me if I’m wrong; but aren’t you the one that started a thread in the Political Forum discussing America needs more atheist and less Christians?  I believe if some Christians believe they are being persecuted they have a good reason.

30 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Big difference between believing in something and believing that the Government should force everyone else to act and believe in the same things.

Like EO’s that calls for teaching Gender Identity in our school system.  Government shouldn’t be doing that, I agree.

You should move to Louisiana and vote him out if you are that scared of him.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Correct me if I’m wrong; but aren’t you the one that started a thread in the Political Forum discussing America needs more atheist and less Christians?  I believe if some Christians believe they are being persecuted they have a good reason.

so are you saying that every time a Christian writes an article or opinion that states the world would be better off in some way with fewer atheist/humanist/lgbtq supporters/communist/feminist/non-believers etc, that that Christian was persecuting the people they were writing about? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

so are you saying that every time a Christian writes an article or opinion that states the world would be better off in some way with fewer atheist/humanist/lgbtq supporters/communist/feminist/non-believers etc, that that Christian was persecuting the people they were writing about? 

No.  A difference of opinion is not persecution.  Persecution (or victimhood) is a left thing that you guys seem to releish.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No.  A difference of opinion is not persecution.  Persecution (or victimhood) is a left thing that you guys seem to releish.

Didn't you just tell me that my posted an article on a forum gave "some Christians a good reason to feel persecuted"? 

And the writer of this article (on a Christian website) claims Christians are being targeted because some people don't like Mike Johnsons bigoted views that he ascribed to Christianity. 

Victimhood may be liked by some on the left, but it's apparently a popular thing among Christians also. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Didn't you just tell me that my posted an article on a forum gave "some Christians a good reason to feel persecuted"? 

And the writer of this article (on a Christian website) claims Christians are being targeted because some people don't like Mike Johnsons bigoted views that he ascribed to Christianity. 

Victimhood may be liked by some on the left, but it's apparently a popular thing among Christians also. 

The key word there is *some* Christians feel they are being persecuted.  Not my personal view.  You can feel however you want.

The left has a whole hierarchy of victimhood.  Haven’t you noticed?  Israel would be victims if it weren’t for them being considered the oppressors (Marist philosophhy).

The left are a bunch of radicals.

• Facepalm 1

20 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I blame this on watching the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles growing up. 

those cartoons/movies taught us to be totally radical. 

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

They’re not. It’s just the radicals that yap and insult the most because they seem to have the most free time. Same with the right. Who thats working and has a life has the time to take off 3-4 days for 1/6 or do weekend long anti Israel rally’s? It’s the people that we should take the least seriously that get all the press.  The whacky have finally become stylish.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

They’re not. It’s just the radicals that yap and insult the most because they seem to have the most free time. Same with the right. Who thats working and has a life has the time to take off 3-4 days for 1/6 or do weekend long anti Israel rally’s? It’s the people that we should take the least seriously that get all the press.  The whacky have finally become stylish.

Maybe, but I submit it's not "radical" to oppose theocracy and those who represent it. Just the opposite.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, PUB78 said:

The more he speaks, the more of a true nut he reveals himself to be.  His wife is special...... and not in a middle America kind of way.

The man doesn't even have the balls to admit that he was wrong about the 2020 election.  That isn't leadership.  That is cowardice.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 3

This is a podcast wherein he proposes some sort of interpretation of the constitution that actually doesn't respect the separation of church and state.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-26-the-truth-about-the-separation-of/id1613637836?i=1000580978398

Of course, this is the same man that believes homosexual sex should be illegal.  In other words, he is fine with the government being in the bedroom as long as it isn't his bedroom.\

He also supports abolishing no fault divorce, thereby forcing people to remain in bad marriages.  Yes,  that is his position.

Edited by AU9377
  • Facepalm 1

I'm glad he was selected as Speaker. He is the perfect Republican for all Democratic candidates to campaign against.

1. He was ringleader in Congress of overthrowing Electoral College to re-install Trump as President over Biden
2. He has been staunchly opposed to all abortion, no exceptions
3. He and his wife equate gay/lesbian with beastiality and incest, and wants to make gay marriage/sex illegal
4. He considers a wife as a slave/subject to a husband and opposes the concept of marriage equality
5. He is eager to make cuts to social security, medicare and medicaid
6. He wants to cut funding to the IRS, which has recovered hundreds of millions in unpaid taxes since the bill passed that funded more IRS staff to pursue tax cheats
7. He considers the Kentucky Noah's Ark that has humans and dinosaurs coexisting together as true
8. His concept of government is a "Christian" theocracy, with the concept of "Christian" being evangelical right wing extremism.

These are just a few of the Speaker's extremist positions that Democrats will latch on to in their campaigns in 2024. They will campaign on pro-choice, marital equality, women's rights, protecting Social Security/Medicare/Obamacare, etc.

• Thanks 1

On 10/30/2023 at 5:55 PM, I_M4_AU said:

You should move to Louisiana and vote him out if you are that scared of him.

Coffee must know him personally. Never heard much of him until he became speaker. Sounds ok.

https://www.nola.com/news/politics/who-is-us-speaker-of-the-house-mike-johnson/article_1a1ba77e-735a-11ee-bf4b-5b52a1e5c9af.html

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1