I support the coaches and players

Auburn93

The sun came up on Sunday morning and it was a beautiful day. Great sermon at Church which made you realize what is really important in life.

The disappointments of the Ole Miss game have faded.

I don’t quite get the folks ready to quit on this coaching staff. We can’t run block, cant pass block, can’t throw, and can’t catch. And it’s largely a talent issue. What do you do when the only strengths on your team are running back and maybe tight end? There’s not a good option for what to do offensively right now. You can try to run the ball, but they’re going to load the box. That can be mitigated somewhat with a good running QB. But he has to be a threat to throw reliably and at least one receiver has to be a threat to catch it.Β 
A lot of it comes down to OL play. If we had decent run blocking, we could run it like mad. The pressure would be off Thorne, and he’d be able to hit some guys wide open down the field. At MSU, he showed out when he just had to manage the game. But he isn’t good enough to try to put the offense on his back. But run blocking has been awful. If we had decent pass blocking, it would give receivers (or even the running backs) time to get open. But that’s been bad too. Simply put, given the talent mess that Harsin left. There is no answer. Because we aren’t strong enough passing it or running it to be a threat. Freeze tried to use the transfer portal to get us out of the mess quicker. And it just didn’t work. Until he’s able to bring in better talent, this team is limited.Β 
Β 

I rambled a bit there. But the point I’m trying to make is that it isn’t play calling. We have enough holes in our offense right now that nothing is working.Β 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, e808 said:

For example Auburn is 17 or something like that this year but has like 15 players . Based on the average per player Auburn is either top 5 or close to it. So Auburn might not have the numbers over all to be top ten but the type of players put Β them in the top 5. You see how that worksΒ 

Yea and if you take the square of the hypotenuse and divide by your wife’s breast size you can drink four white claws at your next tailgate. <fer>

I've been staying away but o didn't even know people were coming at the coach.

Once again this comes for the super fans who you can never get to listen unless their favorite sports reporter or forum poster says it. Unrealistic expectations.Β 

People have been telling you guys the talent level was low and of course somebody would argue you up and down at how good the team really is.....then when time plays out and you see the talent level is really low they want to cry......

How about you wait and let the coach try to bring in some talent and then see what he can do?

• Like 2

I will say getting the offensive minded coach and the offense marching on the field and looking like that......gotta sting.Β 

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Yea and if you take the square of the hypotenuse and divide by your wife’s breast size you can drink four white claws at your next tailgate. <fer>

I think u need to keep anything family related outta ur mouth. Obviously u can’t hold a conversationΒ 

48 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I will say getting the offensive minded coach and the offense marching on the field and looking like that......gotta sting.Β 

Yes it does. There is no concept of what to expectΒ 

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

Can’t argue with that. I think CHF thought PM would be just a tad better at this.

7 hours ago, e808 said:

I think u need to keep anything family related outta ur mouth. Obviously u can’t hold a conversationΒ 

I am poking fun at your logic for holding our talent in such high regard.

20 hours ago, cole256 said:

I've been staying away but o didn't even know people were coming at the coach.

Once again this comes for the super fans who you can never get to listen unless their favorite sports reporter or forum poster says it. Unrealistic expectations.Β 

People have been telling you guys the talent level was low and of course somebody would argue you up and down at how good the team really is.....then when time plays out and you see the talent level is really low they want to cry......

How about you wait and let the coach try to bring in some talent and then see what he can do?

1.Β  The fans you are describing aren't superfans.Β  Those are casual fans who don't pay attention.Β  Superfans are the ones on here virtue signaling for the purpose of demonstrating to everyone else how wise, loyal, levelheaded, etc. they are.Β  You're pretty close to that line yourself right now.

2.Β  Very few people here are arguing that we have lots of talent.Β  It's being claimed (by you and at least one other guy) as a strawman, but it's not really so.Β  That's not the argument.Β  The argument is that we've got what we've got and we don't seem to be using what we've got that wisely or well.Β  Our offense this year is averaging fewer yards per play than it did last year.Β  We're worse on offense this year.Β  That's the argument.

3.Β  I agree that it's going to take time to see what Freeze is capable of here and there's plenty of rebuilding that's going to have to be done.Β  Not this year, not next year.Β  2025 is going to really be the first year we can tell what his ultimate potential here may be., and it may not even be by 2025Β  Howeverβ€”all that saidβ€”this was the most high profile hire for Auburn since probably Pat Dye due to the other available possibilities that we either rejected or that rejected us this time around...prospects that usually just aren't on the table for us.

We could have hired Deon Sanders and had the biggest splash hire in the history of the program.Β  And with him bringing his son with him at QB it's conceivable that we could have won both the UGA and Ole Miss games (and yes, it's also conceivable that we could have lost them as well...that variable would have changed the whole equation)...but speculation aside, for SURE bringing him to the SEC would have had the media hanging on everything we did, and putting him in those AFLAC commercials opposite Saban would have set up a natural dichotomy for recruits (go to uat if you want to ride the old white man's coattails out, come to Auburn if you want a fresh, modern experience).

I believe if we had really wanted Lane Kiffin we could have had him, too.Β  Might have cost us too much, but I think we could have had him.Β  Also would have been a big media splash just by virtue of the fact that we would have stolen Ole Miss' coach twice.

That's only two of the names I think we could have gone after that I don't believe we did (not hard, anyway).Β  Instead, we hired a guy with significant baggage and a checkered past.Β  And not even in the same mold as Bruce Pearl, although that's the comparison that is always made.Β  Freeze's past reflects a lot more of a moral failure than Pearl's...Pearl colored outside NCAA rules, which pretty much every coach in every significant sport in college sports does.Β  He just got caught.Β  Freeze, on the other hand, morally betrayed his wife and his family in about the worst way he could have.

So...the point is that IMO we stuck our neck out for this guy to hire him in the first place when we had (IMO) better options with more upside available (and before someone says something about being "a better fit," is Auburn really a natural fit for people with massive moral failings?Β  Say it ain't so...)Β 

I think we went out on a limb for Freeze, and this one fan's perspective is that he better not make us look like boobs for doing it.

And so far, he doesn't look very resourceful, imaginative, creative, or extraordinarily capable of working with the admittedly little bit of talent he has.Β  Anybody can look impressive with talent, even Saban (if the talent gap is wide enough, anyway).Β  It takes someone extraordinary to impress without much talent.Β  And I assume Auburn choosing him over other possibilities was a statement that we think he's something more than ordinary.

I'm not even talking about winning, necessarily.Β  Not yet.Β  I'm just talking about looking like we're improving.Β  I think the defense is better than last year, but the offense is worse, and Freeze is supposed to be an offensive guy.

So I get why people are complaining.

Β 

12 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I am poking fun at your logic for holding our talent in such high regard.

you never talk about my geezer breasts david............two timing slut.............

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

you never talk about my geezer breasts david............two timing slut.............

geezer boobs rule!

• Thanks 1