McGriff temporarily stepping aside from on field duties

Paladin

11 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Ain’t worried about the looks just get it right/fixed 

Seems to be a recurring theme at AU. Always need to be fixing or getting something right with our coaching staff.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Seems to be a recurring theme at AU. Always need to be fixing or getting something right with our coaching staff.

There’s a dangerous line between the quest for program excellence and thoughtfully trying to tweak coaches, systems, and chemistry - vs. recruiting crushing, endlessly blowing it up, I want it fixed yesterday knee jerk program behavior.

Good thing we’ve never crossed it.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, keesler said:

The mods/insiders know, but they can’t reveal anything right now….it’ll all come out later. This is the usual mode of operation here. 

They typically reveal it on the Nest first, and then sometimes on this side.  I think Bird does a good job of keeping everyone on this side apprised however, without leaking information people on the Nest ask not to be leaked out until a later date.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Remember when the insiders here all claimed that Pat Nix and Bo marched into Harsin's office and Pat DEMANDED that Harsin hire him as the OC, QB coach and play caller or they would transfer? And Pat Dye 2.0, Bryan Harsin, told them to hit the road!!!! The Nix's and Harsin just hated one another according to insiders.  Where did you see insiders say that Pat Nix demanded he be the OC?  I have not seen that once.  I did see that Pat and Bo wanted reassurances Bo would remain the starter.  The Nix family does not like Harsin, although that may have changed now that time has passed and cooler heads may have prevailed.  

Then later Harsin posts a picture of himself and Bo Nix with their arms around one another posing for a photo in the tunnel leading out to the field at Oregon!!! Yeah, really alot of hate there between those two.  That made everyone scratch their heads.

Some of our insiders and people "in the know" make a weatherman look accurate.  Inside information is ever changing.  It can be accurate one day and change the next, especially with NIL being thrown around like candy.  The information is referring to kids, after all.  Our insiders are more often right than they are wrong, that does not mean they are perfect.

But give us this certain amount of money per month and you can come to the Nest and really get some "inside info."   The donation is not monthly, it is a one time donation, which is more than reasonable considering we are in the days of subscription models being king.  I think is also more than fair that people who live on this forum give back to that very forum.  People like RIR work very hard to keep this site running and free.

JABA

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not sure that would be a good look for Freeze to cut both coordinators loose after 1 yr.

Because they've both done such a stellar job?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, gman87 said:

Exactly, who has been watching and thinks they should be retained.  

3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

So, is the narrative here that Crime Dog was gonna just straight up quit and Freeze talked him into staying in another role?

@NWALA Tiger Haven't seen that narrative yet.

16 minutes ago, gman87 said:

We've quickly gone from preseason everyone screaming we don't have the talent, this is a 2-4 year rebuild, etc to it's the coaches fault....but not the coach that hired him.

Edited by W.E.D

I’m confident most of us agree that Monty hasn’t been a great fit at all. But opinions vary on Roberts and minus last week has performed well. My question is this? Some of the same posters complaining about our lack of talent and encouraging everyone to be patient, are ok  firing the coordinators after one season. It’s CHF decision to make, but don’t the coordinators (or at least Roberts) deserve patience too, since their productivity is limited by poor talent as well? Just curious why the different approaches. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Remember when the insiders here all claimed that Pat Nix and Bo marched into Harsin's office and Pat DEMANDED that Harsin hire him as the OC, QB coach and play caller or they would transfer?

First I've heard of this. There was a meeting but not over that. That's dumb. 

3 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Then later Harsin posts a picture of himself and Bo Nix with their arms around one another posing for a photo in the tunnel leading out to the field at Oregon!!!

Yeah, I wonder why a disgraced coach would take any chances at a PR op, especially with the kid he ran off.  Do you really think Nix leaves for Oregon if they knew Harsin was gone? There was only one reason Nix left. That was the Harsins.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, gman87 said:

Na, usually when HC start cutting coordinators loose,  it's sometimes being perceived as the coordinators being the scapegoat.  Not saying that applies in thus situation.  But could be pushed that way by the national  media

30 minutes ago, bigbird said:

First I've heard of this. There was a meeting but not over that. That's dumb. 

Yeah, I wonder why a disgraced coach would take any chances at a PR op, especially with the kid he ran off.  Do you really think Nix leaves for Oregon if they knew Harsin was gone? There was only one reason Nix left. That was the Harsins.

I think  Momma Nix was tired of the way the fans were treating Bocephus. Least that's what I heard played a part as well

• Like 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

I think  Momma Nix was tired of the way the fans were treating Bocephus. Least that's what I heard played a part as well

She didn't like it, no Momma would.  AU was his dream, he wasn't leaving because of that. 

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

She didn't like it, no Momma would.  AU was his dream, he wasn't leaving because of that. 

Phillip  Marshall said it played a part. Don't really matter at this point. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

35 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I think Hank is well liked and supported by Auburn fans.  But if this offensive performance doesn’t get better I am definitely going to need to get Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

People smarter than me have said the offensive schemes haven’t been bad.  The Qb and WRs just aren’t there yet.  The defense has been a nice surprise and sans the LSU game have played about as well as they can.  I have heard grumbling that Hugh has been a little grumpy from time to time about the play calling but he’s admitted that he doesn’t have the time to do what he would need to do to prep for calling a game.  Recruiting is the #1 priority for this program at least another 2-3 years until they have the depth and talent to compete for championships.  I think both coordinators stay.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Remember when the insiders here all claimed that Pat Nix and Bo marched into Harsin's office and Pat DEMANDED that Harsin hire him as the OC, QB coach and play caller or they would transfer? And Pat Dye 2.0, Bryan Harsin, told them to hit the road!!!! The Nix's and Harsin just hated one another according to insiders.

Then later Harsin posts a picture of himself and Bo Nix with their arms around one another posing for a photo in the tunnel leading out to the field at Oregon!!! Yeah, really alot of hate there between those two.

Some of our insiders and people "in the know" make a weatherman look accurate.

But give us this certain amount of money per month and you can come to the Nest and really get some "inside info."

JABA

I wonder how much "inside" info one can  really gather by flying up to the nest. It's an age old question that I've wondered about many times. Perhaps some regulars to the nest can let us know some past inside info that was passed along on the nest first and then it actually came to fruition. Nothing involving current issues, but something, say from a year or 2 back.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Could this issue with Crime Dog be part of the reason why Solomon and Lewis both decommited??

@TeamZero77 Definitely not on Lewis. He fell on our board after our staff did in person evals recently. Also unlikely on Solomon as Zac is the lead recruiter for nearly all our DB targets.

5 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Remember when the insiders here all claimed that Pat Nix and Bo marched into Harsin's office and Pat DEMANDED that Harsin hire him as the OC, QB coach and play caller

@TeamZero77 Where are you getting this stuff? I don't recall any of our real insiders on this board saying anything like that.

5 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Some of our insiders and people "in the know" make a weatherman look accurate.

No. You are either reading or hearing stuff at other places & somehow crediting it to our insiders or you are deeming some on here as insiders who are not insiders.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Na, usually when HC start cutting coordinators loose,  it's sometimes being perceived as the coordinators being the scapegoat.  Not saying that applies in thus situation.  But could be pushed that way by the national  media

Who gives a flying flip what perception is or what the media thinks.? When you see a problem, even if it's your own doing, fix it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Who gives a flying flip what perception is or what the media thinks.? When you see a problem, even if it's your own doing, fix it.

Guess you gotta point. National perception of AU has always been in the crapper.. No need to try and change it now. 

• Like 1

I don’t think there’s too many coaches who can claim to be perceived as worse than Hughbert. I would hope that he of all people allow for some negative PR if he believes it makes the program better 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@TeamZero77 Where are you getting this stuff? I don't recall any of our real insiders on this board saying anything like that.

No. You are either reading or hearing stuff at other places & somehow crediting it to our insiders or you are deeming some on here as insiders who are not insiders.

Can you cite some examples of what was predicted in the nest exclusively,  then actually happened? Not anything current . Something from the past.