McGriff temporarily stepping aside from on field duties

Paladin

10 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

It took a full year for Derek Mason to bail on AU football. Crime is trying to do it after only 6 games. We really, really, really need to get our crap together. 

Pride and ego seems to be the consistent factor here. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Apparently him and Roberts don't see eye to eye.  Fred tried to quit, Hugh convinced him to stay around

Yay Auburn!

Here am I thinking it's something serious like a family matter. What could possibly be so bad that you want to quit after 6 games?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DAG said:

Pride and ego seems to be the consistent factor here. 

Yeah. I’m just tired of this kind of stuff going on at AU. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I believe he will be at Auburn next year

Shhhhheeeewwwww, I was scared that I was going to see a big yellow bird on the sidelines next year

4 minutes ago, alabastertiger said:

Shhhhheeeewwwww, I was scared that I was going to see a big yellow bird on the sidelines next year

I'll make sure that never ever happens.......I got pictures.......................

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Apparently him and Roberts don't see eye to eye.  Fred tried to quit, Hugh convinced him to stay around

Yay Auburn!

So, he is gonna be back on the sidelines now? I'm confused 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

I believe he will be at Auburn next year

Were you aware of any rift going on in the coaching staff?  OR is this totally off base and his decision to step away is a family, health or other personal issue non-related to Roberts?

40 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

So, he is gonna be back on the sidelines now? I'm confused 

No instead of completely leaving he will be in an off field role is my understanding 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

This whole thing don't pass the smell test IMO

yeah

So is this McGriff and Roberts rift 100% factual or is it being reported by a podcaster or a social media rumor? The reason I ask is because if McGriff was that pissed off at Roberts that he was going to quit after only 6 games but Hugh talked him into staying in an off the field role, wouldn't he still be working with the defense and that would mean working with Roberts in some capacity?

Something isn't adding up. 

• Like 4

To much conjectture with not enough facts. If a Personal or Family issue I am pulling for McGriff and that it gets resolved. If it is a difference of opinion I will let our head coach dela with it which I am sure he will.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, keesler said:

Were you aware of any rift going on in the coaching staff?  OR is this totally off base and his decision to step away is a family, health or other personal issue non-related to Roberts?

Can't say at time it will come out later

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeamZero77 said:

Could this issue with Crime Dog be part of the reason why Solomon and Lewis both decommited?? Wasn't he and Zac the main two coaches that recruited those 2?

Solomon had a foot out the door the moment he committed.  Don’t know about Lewis.

2 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

So is this McGriff and Roberts rift 100% factual or is it being reported by a podcaster or a social media rumor? The reason I ask is because if McGriff was that pissed off at Roberts that he was going to quit after only 6 games but Hugh talked him into staying in an off the field role, wouldn't he still be working with the defense and that would mean working with Roberts in some capacity?

Something isn't adding up. 

It’s in enough different places online since early this morning that I’d say it has legs.  Would hate to lose McGriff moving forward.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

This whole thing don't pass the smell test IMO

Yep, someone won’t be retained in the off season that’s for sure 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yep, someone won’t be retained in the off season that’s for sure 

I wonder if this could lead T Will back home. Has he done enough elsewhere to warrant the opportunity? Could be interesting 

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I wonder if this could lead T Will back home. Has he done enough elsewhere to warrant the opportunity? Could be interesting 

That would be the ultimate auburn move for sure 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3