Keionte Scott tweeted out “#9”

aubiefifty

he was just under 50% completion rate last year with 250 attempts.

this year with 22 attempts.....50% completion rate.

im all for giving him the reigns because after watch PT run out of bound on 4th down id rather go down in flames with Robbie (if thats what happens) than watch PT anymore. i can just tell you that if robbie plays just as poorly the same folks will be pointing out all the stuff we already know.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

never said he didn't deserve a chance. you projected a lot into what i wrote. i don't act like he can't improve, see my last two sentences. 

You right my bad . Totally missed few sentences 

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

im all for giving him the reigns because after watch PT run out of bound on 4th down id rather go down in flames with Robbie (if thats what happens) than watch PT anymore.

Hear Here!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AUApostle said:

LSU had ball first and just gashed us.  Players looked like we were expecting a flag football game.  Tone was set from the first play.  Not one position of the team played well enough to point fingers…except maybe our kicker.

So no, you can't explain away one of the worst defensive efforts we've had in quite some time to "offense sucks, so we laid down".

Ok the scores first and what did the offense do. Like clockwork went 3 and out. I don’t even think a minute went off the clock . I guess the staff figure they were going to out score LSU by trying to throw the ball . Then the defense holds them to 3 . The offense the next possession another quick 3 and out . Not sure how u expect the defense to hold down a high powered offense like that.

They barely had time to catch their breathe. Especially with no depth. No one has stopped them all year and you are expecting the defense to stop them when the offense isn’t scoring or moving the ball. 

* that last score was unnecessary trying to pad JD stats but BK time will come 

Edited by e808

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

There are only 24 hours in a day. Maybe with the (needed) emphasis on recruiting the day to day coaching has taken a back seat? Just a thought.

This has entered my mind as to possibly why our on field product has looked so underwhelming. Maybe CHF thought he could rely on PM so he could focus on recruiting and it hasn't panned out like he hoped. (Trying to find a logical reason why our offensive play has been so sketchy and HF has looked so deflated.) 

Why do y’all assume he was talking about Robby?

Maybe he was just referencing our total offensive yardage.   
Or the average amount of yards of cushion LSU WRs had to catch the ball.  
Or the total number of AU fans that haven’t completely lost their ______ already this season.  

(yellow font, if necessary 😁)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Or the total number of AU fans that haven’t completely lost their ______ already this season.  

Obviously supporting Asante, was there ever a question?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

they say it was taken down immediately but with some podcasters saying thorne has lost the locker room does this spell trouble to make things worse than they already are? it sure seems odd the "D" did not bring it much in death valley. i was hoping they would give us something even if it was not a win. i never dreamed there might be locker room issues under freeze but i believe it is becoming a problem.

The panic is palpable. Somebody's trying to apply an NFL cliche to college ball - prob sports media or other internet gossip-merchant. A college football QB can't "lose the locker room". Players aren't stupid, they won't play less hard for a particular QB. That's easy to spot & they get plucked, ESPECIALLY by Freeze. 

• Like 1

I doubt it’s anything major, but you also gotta keep in mind that Robby is the guy people like. Everyone likes Robby and he’s the big energy figure too. He’s the one they’ve bled with for multiple seasons. It makes sense that in a world where Thorne looks bad (no offense), the players would rather see the guy they actually like lol. 

• Like 3

Btw LSU is the best offense Auburn has played this season and in probably multiple seasons, esp from a challenge perspective. Daniels can do everything, they got the best WR duo in the league, their RBs are coming on, and their LSU OL is at least better than our DL. Their OC is good at drawing up the easy ones too.

I don’t think it’s evidence that we just weren’t trying because they beat us down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I know our WRs aren’t the greatest route runners and wouldn’t start at LSU or UGA. But several of them have over 100 career catches and 6 and 7 and 900 yard seasons, Just like Thorne has over 6000 passing yards and 50 TDS. The football is the same size and weight at Hawaii and Jackson State as it is at Auburn. Somewhere between they’re not SEC caliber and they completely forgot how to throw and catch a football is a truth that our coaches need to find. 

SEC is warp speed versus some other leagues. My thoughts are the SEC game is too fast for Thorne (mentally) and our WRs (physically). Maybe I’m wrong but that’s my gut feeling. Then you add in #4 for LSU, which there was no way AU could matchup, and you get the beat down. However, brighter days ahead.  Patience. 

• Like 1

Three college coaching staffs haven’t felt comfortable letting Robby throw. He hasn’t looked good in limited opportunities this season. I don’t think he has it. 

Having said that, I’m fine giving him a full time shot because … why the hell not?

The one thing I don’t want to see is Robby for a couple plays and then bring Thorne in for 3rd and 9. That’s not helping anybody. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, cbo said:

Three college coaching staffs haven’t felt comfortable letting Robby throw. He hasn’t looked good in limited opportunities this season. I don’t think he has it. 

Having said that, I’m fine giving him a full time shot because … why the hell not?

The one thing I don’t want to see is Robby for a couple plays and then bring Thorne in for 3rd and 9. That’s not helping anybody. 

I feel sorry for Gernier, he must be 1st class bad, not to even sniff a chance at playing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I feel sorry for Gernier, he must be 1st class bad, not to even sniff a chance at playing.

He’s either nowhere close to ready or the coaches have zero clue what they’re doing. 

Edited by cbo

5 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

All symptoms of a rebuild.  I watched the Colorado game. I saw a player #23 talking back to Sanders on the sidelines. Frustrations run amuck during rebuilds 

And the portal era. 

1 minute ago, cbo said:

He’s either nowhere close to ready or are coaches have zero clue what they’re doing. 

But he throws a pretty ball. At least the incompletions would be perfect spirals

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, cbo said:

He’s either nowhere close to ready or are coaches have zero clue what they’re doing. 

HG not playing isn’t passing the smell test. We were told “he throws the prettiest ball out of all of them” ok so what’s the deal? We’re either being lied to or something else. 

Something tells me Saturday was PT’s last chance. CFH has a good recruiting class he wants to build on. Guess we’ll see on Saturday. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Great post

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

But maybe it's only him. If it's only him then it could be not a big deal, if it's an actual thing amongst the lockeroom it is big though. Hopefully it's not that.

IMO no matter who or how many that is a poor team leader posture. Surely would land an personal conversation in the least.

6 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

What is ridiculous is that fans speculate over a single tweet of a number.  This is a sign of a fan base falling apart not a team. 

THIS. 

It’s ONE player indirectly saying who his homie is. He doesn’t speak for anyone else, much less the coaches who actually make the decisions.

BFD.

naked-gun-the-naked-gun.gif

8 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I asked Cole, and I will ask the opinion of the board. Let's say,  there are mumbling in the locker room about who should be QB. What specific steps should HF take to address it to handle it?

The first thing he needs to do, which is irrelevant to what the players desires are, is stick to one QB. He himself has stated he doesn’t prefer two QBs, yet he keeps doing it. I don’t think the stats are great with team success and playing two QBs consistently.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I saw that tweet. I have no idea what is or isn’t going on with the team and it’s chemistry. But there are potential signs of some things being off for sure. For most of us, this season was not expected to be great. We just wanted to see progress and consistency. Hugh has mismanaged the offense, including the QB and call play calling. He needs to make a command decision on what he wants and who he wants to deliver it. All my humble opinion. 

Thank you. And as good as he Might be, Scott has missed a few games himself. I fully agree, that this Offense has been putrid. Currently, it’s a hard pill to swallow, trusting this version of O or those, that are supposedly  in charge of it. In watching both QB’s, I think both appear to be incapable of running this O. As I’ve said, HF doesn’t deserve a lot of backlash, but it does make me wonder about what kind of program he’s attempting to create, or what his true vision is. With a bad HC and a never before HC last year, we still managed 5 wins and honestly, we should have beaten Miss State under Caddy. HF hit the portal big and did begin to correct our really bad OL, but that’s not working out a ton better. I will not make a prediction for even the Vandy game, simply because I just haven’t seen any improvement week over week. Not sure we even hit 6 wins this year. If the locker room prefers RA, that will not help and I don’t see him winning anymore than two games, the same as PT. On top of that, some of our current verbals may change their minds. Just my thoughts. I wanted a new coach, not necessarily HF, but his recruiting has been very good so far, but the on field product looks the same. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

The first thing he needs to irrelevant to what the players desire is stick to one QB. He himself has stated he doesn’t prefer two QBs, yet he keeps doing it. I don’t think the stats are great with team success and playing two QBs consistently.

Yeah that's puzzling to me 2

• Like 1