Keionte Scott tweeted out “#9”

aubiefifty

they say it was taken down immediately but with some podcasters saying thorne has lost the locker room does this spell trouble to make things worse than they already are? it sure seems odd the "D" did not bring it much in death valley. i was hoping they would give us something even if it was not a win. i never dreamed there might be locker room issues under freeze but i believe it is becoming a problem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

they say it was taken down immediately but with some podcasters saying thorne has lost the locker room does this spell trouble to make things worse than they already are? it sure seems odd the "D" did not bring it much in death valley. i was hoping they would give us something even if it was not a win. i never dreamed there might be locker room issues under freeze but i believe it is becoming a problem.

I saw that tweet. I have no idea what is or isn’t going on with the team and it’s chemistry. But there are potential signs of some things being off for sure. For most of us, this season was not expected to be great. We just wanted to see progress and consistency. Hugh has mismanaged the offense, including the QB and call play calling. He needs to make a command decision on what he wants and who he wants to deliver it. All my humble opinion. 

• Like 3

There are only 24 hours in a day. Maybe with the (needed) emphasis on recruiting the day to day coaching has taken a back seat? Just a thought.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

There are only 24 hours in a day. Maybe with the (needed) emphasis on recruiting the day to day coaching has taken a back seat? Just a thought.

it is certainly possible mikey. i am not sold on our receivers coach nor our "O" guy. but i think we just have a ton of issues that one season is not going to fix. i think our "D" pretty much gave up because the "O"is not getting it done.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I saw that tweet. I have no idea what is or isn’t going on with the team and it’s chemistry. But there are potential signs of some things being off for sure. For most of us, this season was not expected to be great. We just wanted to see progress and consistency. Hugh has mismanaged the offense, including the QB and call play calling. He needs to make a command decision on what he wants and who he wants to deliver it. All my humble opinion. 

i know right? he takes liberty and beats guys he should not have and i think many of us pinned our hopes on this. hell i did for a fact. that being said i believe he gets it straightened out. he is not going to throw montgomery under the bus during the season if montgomery is the problem. we night not know if we cannot get a really good qb that fits what we want to do. and as far as thorne he had no spring ball so he shows up behind the curve. i just thought with all those Qb whisperers we would get it done. right now i think we might can beat msu and our cream puff. and msu is not for certain tho hell will explode on this board if the cowbells beat us. we are tired of waiting but it is not a simple fix. we gambled on thorne and it just has not jelled. but our WR's are pretty much to blame as anyone. have we even caught half the passes we have thrown? i bet folks would be shocked.

Robby isn’t good but there’s definitely a spark when he comes in compared to Thorne.  Give me 3 TE sets and the fastest WR Auburn has and run nothing but jet sweeps and read options.  Rotate Hooks in occasionally and try to take the top off.  

Will Friend for OC!  Bring back the Caddy offense.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

All symptoms of a rebuild.  I watched the Colorado game. I saw a player #23 talking back to Sanders on the sidelines. Frustrations run amuck during rebuilds 

this is the age of "right now". i will give my tigers time but it has been a hard few years so i understand folks being a tad antsy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Robby isn’t good but there’s definitely a spark when he comes in compared to Thorne.  Give me 3 TE sets and the fastest WR Auburn has and run nothing but jet sweeps and read options.  Rotate Hooks in occasionally and try to take the top off.  

Will Friend for OC!  Bring back the Caddy offense.

rumor is will is your friend so your opinion is tainted......................lol

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

this is the age of "right now". i will give my tigers time but it has been a hard few years so i understand folks being a tad antsy.

This is the first true rebuild in several yrs. Folks can get antsy,  but it's just how it is

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i know right? he takes liberty and beats guys he should not have and i think many of us pinned our hopes on this. hell i did for a fact. that being said i believe he gets it straightened out. he is not going to throw montgomery under the bus during the season if montgomery is the problem. we night not know if we cannot get a really good qb that fits what we want to do. and as far as thorne he had no spring ball so he shows up behind the curve. i just thought with all those Qb whisperers we would get it done. right now i think we might can beat msu and our cream puff. and msu is not for certain tho hell will explode on this board if the cowbells beat us. we are tired of waiting but it is not a simple fix. we gambled on thorne and it just has not jelled. but our WR's are pretty much to blame as anyone. have we even caught half the passes we have thrown? i bet folks would be shocked.

When he did that he had been at Liberty several yrs. He laid a foundation there

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

All symptoms of a rebuild.  I watched the Colorado game. I saw a player #23 talking back to Sanders on the sidelines. Frustrations run amuck during rebuilds 

That's not close to the same. There isn't a team in America where in the heat of a game that happens.

Players wanting other players to play, particularly at QB is a sign of potentially a team splitting. That's players thinking they are being held back from a win. And that's from high school to the pros. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

This is the first true rebuild in several yrs. Folks can get antsy,  but it's just how it is

i understand.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

That's not close to the same. There isn't a team in America where in the heat of a game that happens.

Players wanting other players to play, particularly at QB is a sign of potentially a team splitting. That's players thinking they are being held back from a win. And that's from high school to the pros. 

I get that. My point is both are in rebuild mode.  Frustrations spew over. It's not a personal shot at Sanders. 

• Like 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Agree. Not only a player rebuild, but an entire program rebuild. 2 years of "I don't really give a dang about anything here" preceded by seemingly a decade of lackadaisical mentality from the entire football program(team, coaches, AD, facilities, etc). You take a marriage that has gone 10 years with "Who cares" attitude and try to rebuild that in 6 months. Not gonna happen without a lot of fights, frustrations, and "counseling" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

if thorne sits and rob and big g get real minutes like a half a piece it will show just what they can do or cannot do. give those guys time to get in a rhythm and give them time to see why they are numbers 2 and 3. but with out receivers not hardly catching a dang cold i wonder if robby is the way to go. i have no favorites i just want six wins and a bowl against the sisters of mercy if that is the only team we can beat. we need the practice................

• Like 1

Whatever this this is better nip it in the bud quick.

I've told people on here for years, the only ways to lose a team is players feel like you don't care/respect them and playing guys who haven't earned it/playing guys because of promises or whatever. 

I personally don't think either of the QB's are good but if one is showing in practice that he's better than the other, better play the guy who's performing

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I get that. My point is both are in rebuild mode.  Frustrations spew over. It's not a personal shot at Sanders. 

I'm not tripping about Sanders, I know most of you don't like him, I didn't reply at all in regards to that. You could have said USC, or hell Alabama. I'm just pointing out this is much bigger than a back and forth on the sideline

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

it is certainly possible mikey. i am not sold on our receivers coach nor our "O" guy. but i think we just have a ton of issues that one season is not going to fix. i think our "D" pretty much gave up because the "O"is not getting it done.

Interesting how they gave up on the first drive before the offense took the field. The other idea is that their OL dominated our DL and did it throughout the game.

• Like 2

just to be fair the team pretty much all voted for thorne to be team captain. so he had trust at one time. i realized i had not posted that.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I'm not tripping about Sanders, I know most of you don't like him, I didn't reply at all in regards to that. You could have said USC, or hell Alabama. I'm just pointing out this is much bigger than a back and forth on the sideline

I said Colorado, because it was the latest one I saw. Yes, it has happened at other places. I was drawing a parallel because Colorado and AU are both in the same boat as far as rebuilding go. Everything is a sign of rebuilding. Frustrations,  fans mad, players unhappy. I had no hidden agenda by saying Colorado and not saying Alabama.  I would love to see a player yap back at Saban and them be all frustrated.  But, they aren't in the same boat we are.

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I said Colorado, because it was the latest one I saw. Yes, it has happened at other places. I was drawing a parallel because Colorado and AU are both in the same boat as far as rebuilding go. Everything is a sign of rebuilding. Frustrations,  fans mad, players unhappy. I had no hidden agenda by saying Colorado and not saying Alabama.  I would love to see a player yap back at Saban and them be all frustrated.  But, they aren't in the same boat we are.

You keep talking about a non issue. I could care less that you said Colorado. You don't have to explain saying Colorado, I have no issue you saying Colorado. I explained that you could say Colorado, Alabama, auburn high, Opelika middle, pop warmer kids. It doesn't matter. I don't have an issue. It's moot.  You are misreading my post

What I'm saying is players on the team pushing for a QB isn't run of the mill. It's not small. It doesn't happen everywhere. Players pushing for a QB is a big deal that needs to be addressed quickly. It can ruin any progress built. It's very serious.

Edited by cole256
  • Like 2