*Official Auburn vs. LSU Game Thread*

abw0004

19 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Barfield had good offenses. His defenses weren’t good

Good point actually. Our D isn’t awful, but when they have to stay on field the whole game, hard to expect much. 

14 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Who wants to bet that Montgomery will not be the play caller the rest of the season? 

I’m not putting all of this dysfunction on Montgomery.  Freeze can veto anything he wants and HE was just as much behind this debacle as Montgomery tonight.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I'll also say has HF even said war eagle more than like twice? I've kept this in for a while but it also seems to me that's he's not completely not bought into AU 

I have to admit. This is an odd question 

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

A QB who won’t sacrifice himself for his team on 4th down for 2 more yards and runs out of bounds? Yeah, I’m better than that…

On that play, he’s never getting those yards with Perkins in pursuit . 
That’s not even a play that you can question a “turn up and get 2 yds”. That play did not bother anyone who knows the game. There was zero option to turn upfield without immediately being tackled. To keep harping on it is just stupid.

There’s plenty of things to bitch at him about. This ain’t one of them.

No other QB would have turned it up for any success either.

• Thanks 1

I have to start eating some of the crow . I was one of the biggest CHF supporters. We know this isn’t the most talented team but coaching has been very bad. Not putting them in position to succeed 

• Like 6

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

I have to admit. This is an odd question 

How? I have literally not heard the guy say war eagle more than twice since he's been here. The product on the field is garbage with guys that have no pride so how is it odd?

4 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Good point actually. Our D isn’t awful, but when they have to stay on field the whole game, hard to expect much. 

The D was embarrassing tonight. 

6 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

What?! I have literally not heard it a single time he's interviewed, not a single one

You should listen sober.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

On that play, he’s never getting those yards with Perkins in pursuit . 
That’s not even a play that you can question a “turn up and get 2 yds”. That play did not bother anyone who knows the game. There was zero option to turn upfield without immediately being tackled. To keep harping on it is just stupid.

There’s plenty of things to bitch at him about. This ain’t one of them.

No other QB would have turned it up for any success either.

What people are looking for late in a game that's out of reach is no quit, that is quit. Sorry if people view it another way but that's not how I was brought up to play ball 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

Just now, CCTAU said:

You should listen sober.

So you're saying bc it's during a game and I've had alcohol? I've seen press conferences, interviews and he never says war eagle. So u can cut out whatever this is u got going on 

• Facepalm 1

So the million dollar question is how did Cadi squeeze all that effort out of a team that was truly one dimensional and I think this years oline is slightly better than last years

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

How? I have literally not heard the guy say war eagle more than twice since he's been here. The product on the field is garbage with guys that have no pride so how is it odd?

He got alot more to worry about than keeping track of that. I don't know who could coach this roster and have success. They need to flush this game. It was a terrible match-up for us. Need to win 4 of the next 6

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

The D was embarrassing tonight. 

Tackling was probably the worst I have seen all year but u not going to stop LSU from scoring. The offense had to help them out

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

He got alot more to worry about than keeping track of that. I don't know who could coach this roster and have success. They need to flush this game. It was a terrible match-up for us. Need to win 4 of the next 6

All I'm saying is a guy like Bruce came in, embraced the culture and he grew and transformed a program. I haven't seen the same from Hugh. I'm not saying he can't but what I've seen so far is the most I've been disgusted towards and auburn team in a very long time 

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

What people are looking for late in a game that's out of reach is no quit, that is quit. Sorry if people view it another way but that's not how I was brought up to play ball 

I don't even know why he was still in the game at that point.

Just now, murpjf88 said:

I don't even know why he was still in the game at that point.

Or at any point going forward to be honest 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

So, in your infinite wisdom, you think he could have turned that play upfield and fought for two yards? Perkins laughs at you also.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, CCTAU said:

So, in your infinite wisdom, you think he could have turned that play upfield and fought for two yards? Perkins laughs at you also.

Ah so I see you're gonna do the a**hole route, sorry I'm gonna fight for the first down and there is not fight in this team. U can paint it anyway u want to but if you're gonna be a passive aggressive ass then stop messaging me 

• Dislike 2

6 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

All I'm saying is a guy like Bruce came in, embraced the culture and he grew and transformed a program. I haven't seen the same from Hugh. I'm not saying he can't but what I've seen so far is the most I've been disgusted towards and auburn team in a very long time 

Come on man. Bruce had a losing record his first 2 years at AU. Hugh has only coached 6 games. Honestly what did u think the record would be after 6 games?

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

No where near this bad! I wonder what Hugh did the week off? Go duck hunting??

Excuse me!  He spent the bye week personally calling every players parent giving them updates and honest evaluations of where their kids are relative to the team and performance level.  He also spent time building recruiting relationships and selling Auburn to try to get flip and much needed talent. 

• Like 3

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Ah so I see you're gonna do the a**hole route, sorry I'm gonna fight for the first down and there is not fight in this team. U can paint it anyway u want to but if you're gonna be a passive aggressive ass then stop messaging me 

It’s a forum. Everyone can see it. I don’t hide. 
You are arguing from a position of emotional ignorance. 
We get it, you don’t like the guy. And that’s OK. But at least complain about rational issues and not something that is not even a real issue. 
And if I ever get aggressive, you won’t have to worry about any passivity.

• Like 1