Etowah County jails pregnant woman for endangering her unborn fetus and denies pre-natal care.

AU9377

I should point out that this is "Alleged" to have happened, but the facts looks pretty terrible at this point. If what is alleged happened or even partially happened, that county is about to be skull drug through the court system and forced to pay millions.

https://www.al.com/news/2023/10/alabama-woman-sues-claims-she-was-forced-to-give-birth-in-jailhouse-shower.html

This is exactly what we expect in the deeply red states. It's not just about abortion. It's also about prenatal and maternal care. This is the "You be pregnant? FU" state. Alabama isn't the only one. Dozens of red states have abandoned women. It's too bad for you? Yep.

Edited by AURex
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

We can’t have *whataboutism* when we are bashing our home state.  It’s unliberal.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I don't care where it happens, everyone involved should be fired.  What makes this even more newsworthy is that this woman was locked up using the excuse that they were protecting her unborn child.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

I don't care where it happens, everyone involved should be fired.  What makes this even more newsworthy is that this woman was locked up using the excuse that they were protecting her unborn child.

I agree 1000%. Obviously we have some around here who see your post as no more than opportunity to bash Alabama about a wide spread problem. 

22 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I agree 1000%. Obviously we have some around here who see your post as no more than opportunity to bash Alabama about a wide spread problem. 

Well, Alabama and other states who hypocritically pass laws in the name of "protecting" children while ignoring such things like the need for better pre- and postnatal care, not mention prison care of a pregnant woman who was jailed due to such laws.

After all, this is a political forum. :-\

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Well, Alabama and other states who hypocritically pass laws in the name of "protecting" children while ignoring such things like the need for better pre- and postnatal care, not mention prison care of a pregnant woman who was jailed due to such laws.

After all, this is a political forum. :-\

Sad that the prison systems are so brutal. I can only assume they are unable to employ the warmest and fuzziest nor the best and brightest most compassionate people. Just pointing out that it is problem and not  limited to Alabama and “ red states.

Bash on though “this is a political forum”.

On 10/13/2023 at 10:38 PM, AURex said:

This is the "You be pregnant? FU" state. Alabama isn't the only one. Dozens of red states

• Like 1

On 10/14/2023 at 9:43 AM, Gowebb11 said:

Being from Etowah County, this doesn’t surprise me at all. 

i was raised in gadsden. up by noccalula falls in fact. old emma sansom boy until i dropped out and later joined the military. it was not that long ago the sheriff of etowah was removed for pocketing money he made off of feeding inmates less food.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2023 at 2:52 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Sad that the prison systems are so brutal. I can only assume they are unable to employ the warmest and fuzziest nor the best and brightest most compassionate people. Just pointing out that it is problem and not  limited to Alabama and “ red states.

It is definitely a system wide problem, but this specific jail and those who run it have been particularly corrupt for years. 

• Thanks 1