Trump's most vile comments about veterans confirmed by former Chief of Staff, John Kelly

AU9377

9 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

What are the primary drivers you see?

Millions of articles on it. Basically - perceived centralized gov over reach. Controls, mandates, regulations, ect. There’s a reason Steve Bannon has spent so much time over there. 

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

Millions of articles on it. Basically - perceived centralized gov over reach. Controls, mandates, regulations, ect. There’s a reason Steve Bannon has spent so much time over there. 

Top 3 of those in your view?

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Top 3 of those in your view?

Your guess is as good as mine. But trump is more of a global thing than some may realize.

trump bought his way out of the draft as a coward and then later smears those who gave life and limb to protect our country? i wonder how jj and goa or gua and other vets make peace with this. is this a case of waving the flag in private and being ok with people spitting on our service men and women? the man is guilty of so much and people on this board who want to claim the high road will still vote for him instead of biden or third party. this is why i have absolutely no respect for many on this board. you cannot have it both ways if you care about personal pride. i love our vets. i am five point vet who enlisted instead of being drafted. i know what most military goes through. and to allow them to be spit on by a batshit crazy wanna be dictator shows how fake many patriots on the right are.if biden did our military like trump did that i would drop him like a hot potato. hell he even lost a son who stood up for their country. i mean he dissed a five star family and a war hero on national television and folks made up for him.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

It’s more like trying to tell the other side of the story.  No one here is going to do it, you guys have posted the most obscene crap with no rebuttals as if it is the only view of him.  It’s not.

Poor little victim gets mistreated by the very people who were closest to him and knew him best and you, whose never met him, are you’re forced into defending him.

• Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:
11 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I also think the left has tried to push the country to far, too fast.

I believe this 100%. Societal and cultural shifts take time for people to absorb and accept. It seems like the left hasn’t let things settle in before moving on to the next cause. It leads to fear and resentment, and more tension. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

I believe this 100%. Societal and cultural shifts take time for people to absorb and accept. It seems like the left hasn’t let things settle in before moving on to the next cause. It leads to fear and resentment, and more tension. 

Not necessarily disagreeing, but what are some of the specifics you’re referring to?

32 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Not necessarily disagreeing, but what are some of the specifics you’re referring to?

Side comment. In management consulting there are massive practices called Change Management. Moving organizations/ people gently and systemically though change. A to B. Companies pay a lot of money for these services for 1 reason: if not done right, most changes (“transformations”) fail and, worse, fail dramatically.

10 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Side comment. In management consulting there are massive practices called Change Management. Moving organizations/ people gently and systemically though change. A to B. Companies pay a lot of money for these services for 1 reason: if not done right, most changes (“transformations”) fail and, worse, fail dramatically.

Agree with the principle. Curious as to the specific issues you see Democrats attempting legislatively— not what leftist are doing on social media.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Agree with the principle. Curious as to the specific issues you see Democrats attempting legislatively— not what leftist are doing on social media.

All the above. Left leaning media, social media, companies (ie Bud and Disney stuff), education, and politics have imo all blurred into a feeling that conservative values are under a coordinated attack. A “conspiracy”. Imo maga was the inevitable sociological reaction to … too much, too fast.

15 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

You are describing the radical left.

I don't like the radical left any more than I do the radical right.  They are both dangerous and very short sighted/.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I feel this way at times myself.  However, when I take the time to really think about something, most issues that seem sudden when change is first made are actually the result of decades of discussion.  Marriage equality is a good example of this.  The issue was debated as far back as the 1980s.  Conservative constitutional law experts began writing about the inevitability of one of the arguments, whether that be equal protection and states recognizing marriages performed in other states or church and state separation arguments (among others), prevailing in the courts intensely in the 1990s.  Instead of proposing a legislative solution, which would have been a national law giving domestic partnerships the same treatment in all 50 states, the far right refused to budge.

That failure to act on a national level pushed the issue into the courts for a constitutional analysis.  The result was far more reaching than it would have been had there been a compromise on the issue legislatively.  The Court concluded that the right to marry was a fundamental human right and seemingly overnight made that the law of the land.  While that seemed like a sudden monumental shift, it had actually been brewing for decades.

https://www.tableau.com/blog/visualizing-turning-point-history-40610

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

All the above. Left leaning media, social media, companies (ie Bud and Disney stuff), education, and politics have imo all blurred into a feeling that conservative values are under a coordinated attack. A “conspiracy”. Imo maga was the inevitable sociological reaction to … too much, too fast.

But is that an accurate critique of the Democratic Party and a rational reason to vote for the current iteration of the Republican Party?

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Acceptance (legally and socially) of Gay marriage was a long and arduous journey. Finally the legalization process got underway and widespread social acceptance was happening. Almost immediately, TGs using opposite sex bathrooms, locker rooms, and sports teams became a thing. Shouldn’t have. Too much too soon and created a strong backlash for the whole LGBT community. 

On 10/4/2023 at 12:42 PM, TexasTiger said:

Too bad most Republicans don’t really give a damn about veterans, our troops or democratic governance. Before Trump I at least thought they were sincere about those things. Nope. Blind fealty to a godless narcissist. Still stunning to me.

It's past time for all of the "real" Republicans to stand up, identify themselves, and denounce the Trump cultists.

Philosophically and intellectually speaking, we need responsible, reasonable and patriotic conservatives as an integral part of our political system.  They are important to maintain a healthy balance in our democracy.  Political parties are merely the way we do that.

"Real" Republicans need to acknowledge their party has been hijacked by what are essentially political terrorists. They need to either reclaim it or start another party and we'll all watch the "GOP" die out.

On 10/4/2023 at 2:03 PM, icanthearyou said:

I still cannot believe that John Kelly took his career of service and duty to the COUNTRY and,,, flushed it down the toilet for a single, self serving individual.

Just another case of honor and integrity taking a backseat to blind ambition.

I think Kelly accepted his job as a service to the country, not Trump.

Nor do I think he "flushed it down the toilet" by doing so (as he is now demonstrating).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

I, for one, have no idea what you are saying here.

Unrelated. But I noticed you thumbed up when I got on the republicans for their current crazy land, but when I got on the dems for being aware that they weren’t completely without responsibility - thumbs down. 

Classic.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Nor do I think he "flushed it down the toilet" by doing so (as he is now demonstrating).

But he should have demonstrated it much sooner.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Unrelated. But I noticed you thumbed up when I got on the republicans for their current crazy land, but when I got on the dems for being aware that they weren’t completely without responsibility - thumbs down. 

Classic.

OK tell me what I was thinking.   Why did I disagree?

Edited by homersapien

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

OK tell me what I was thinking.   Why did I disagree?

Doesn’t matter. Just a symptom of the divide problem.

4 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Doesn’t matter. Just a symptom of the divide problem.

I just don't think the "divide" is caused by liberals pushing "too far".  I think it's caused more by extreme, reactionary conservatism.

And what exactly is being "pushed" - tolerance for different people? Diversity? The science of epidemiology? Gun regulations?

It's a different in perspective, which is perhaps "classic".  But "Classic" can be a loaded term used in this context.

Regardless, I didn't think it worth responding to with a post, thus the simple "thumbs down" disagreement.

Edited by homersapien

48 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I

And what exactly is being "pushed" - tolerance for different people? Diversity? The science of epidemiology? Gun regulations?

All noble topics but like many things, it’s not the topic itself, it’s the degree of  it. How much change and how quickly.  A young competent fast rising attorney should know this😋

17 hours ago, homersapien said:

I totally disagree.  I believe Kelly connected his own personal ambitions to Trump.  Kelly gave up his honor by donating it someone like Trump.

Were Kelly naive and/or stupid,,, I would agree with you.

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

All noble topics but like many things, it’s not the topic itself, it’s the degree of  it. How much change and how quickly.  A young competent fast rising attorney should know this😋

Well, IMO, the degree of the reactionary opposition is unreasonably high. ;) 

For example: The librarians in our local library branch received personal threats because of a book display featuring books that openly appealed to homosexuals during pride week.

BTW, I am neither "young" or a "fast rising attorney". (I admit my "competence" is often debatable, depending on activity. ;D)

• Haha 1