Bye Week Plans

Paladin

Taking advantage of the long weekend. Smoking a turkey on the BGE for family coming in town. A few honey-do items for the wife. Fall ball baseball practice with my son. Tennis with my daughter. Throw in some hiking, fishing, and stargazing - that should round it out.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 7:52 PM, woodford said:

I don't like to celebrate anymore because heck I'm a grown man and have other things to do but if the family want to do it then why not. 

I love pressure washing. I did out walkway and sidewalk last year. I need to get one of those cleaner add-ons for the wooden porch. I don't trust pressure washing 100+ year old wood lol

Praying the bats stay awake and we don't get a repeat of last year. I think if the offense shows up no one else really has a chance. They just smack the ball.

Get Jomax and mix per instructions with bleach and water.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 11:09 AM, Paladin said:

Anyone have plans, away from football, for the bye week?

I'll be venturing over to Hilton Head. Never have been, but going later this week for a few days of rest and relaxation.  Since I gave up golf a few years ago, probably spend most of our time on the beach or lounging around the pool. Will also tour the island on bikes. Does anyone have any restaurant recommendations? Any other activities there which would be fun?

I'm here at a conference as we speak. Tybee Island is having a Piratefest tomorrow thru Saturday if you are into that kind of thing. It's just an hr away. If you go there you have to try The Crab Shack! It's very good and the location is perfect. 

As for Hilton Head there's a nice place to eat called The Old Factory Oyster House. Sits on the marsh and has a great sunset view for dinner. The Plantation Cafe is a nice place to eat breakfast. The beaches are ok (I'm spoiled by the Gulf of Mexico) with several access points scattered throughout. I personally like Tybee better but I grew up coming down here to Hilton Head and areas in between. I'm leaving Friday so I'll share more information as I gather it. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/3/2023 at 12:09 PM, Paladin said:

Anyone have plans, away from football, for the bye week?

I'll be venturing over to Hilton Head. Never have been, but going later this week for a few days of rest and relaxation.  Since I gave up golf a few years ago, probably spend most of our time on the beach or lounging around the pool. Will also tour the island on bikes. Does anyone have any restaurant recommendations? Any other activities there which would be fun?

Crazy Crab on Hilton Head! You’ve gotta go. Best food I’ve had so far and it overlooks the marsh as well. Great spot 

IMG_2486.jpeg

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Crazy Crab on Hilton Head! You’ve gotta go. Best food I’ve had so far and it overlooks the marsh as well. Great spot 

IMG_2486.jpeg

I'll go tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know about the place. Any entree recommendations? 

WDE 

Edited by Paladin

If you hate beach umbrellas, I heartily recommend the Solbello sun shade after a full day of use. 90 second setup and tear down and hours of shade. Pricey but worth it. The beach is great too!

IMG_1103.jpeg

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

On 10/4/2023 at 9:58 PM, autigeremt said:

I'm here at a conference as we speak. Tybee Island is having a Piratefest tomorrow thru Saturday if you are into that kind of thing. It's just an hr away. If you go there you have to try The Crab Shack! It's very good and the location is perfect. 

As for Hilton Head there's a nice place to eat called The Old Factory Oyster House. Sits on the marsh and has a great sunset view for dinner. The Plantation Cafe is a nice place to eat breakfast. The beaches are ok (I'm spoiled by the Gulf of Mexico) with several access points scattered throughout. I personally like Tybee better but I grew up coming down here to Hilton Head and areas in between. I'm leaving Friday so I'll share more information as I gather it. 

I haven't been to HHI in a few years, but....

Skull Creek Boathouse is pretty good, And we always go to Salty Dog.

On 10/3/2023 at 8:24 PM, creed said:

Heading to Chicago to watch an old AU ('90') friend's son play football. His son plays for a DIII team and I thought it would be fun to hang out in the windy city.

Don't forget your kevlar.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 4:56 PM, Paladin said:

I'll go tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know about the place. Any entree recommendations? 

WDE 

It’s all good in my opinion 

• Like 1