Only rushing four killed us on Saturday

TitanTiger

I like OP’s analysis. My crude takeaway is that we don’t have a dominate NFL guy on the line that can make a big difference to disrupt the QB consistently. We could have improved later in the season but hopefully Faulk is that guy in the future. 

I just think we are too thin on the dlinemen. You play who you trust. We all knew from the beginning that we have very little depth. I think if we could have we would have blitzed more we would have.

Coach Robert’s has been doing his job for a long time and is very good at it. You do your best with what you have and we definitely do not have much.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Actually, I'm not sure that's true either.  If you aren't going to get any pressure either way, it would better to have an extra person in coverage tightening throwing windows than to devote an extra ineffective pass rusher.

Pretty sure we did it quite a bit in the first or second game.

16 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Pretty sure we did it quite a bit in the first or second game.

I can't say for sure.  We didn't exactly struggle defensively in those games so it couldn't have been that terrible.

I would like to see Asante blitz more and he has the quicks to get there. The downside is our other LBers are huge liabilities in pass coverage, so if Asante is coming the middle of the field is wide open for pass or run. I’m really hopeful that we get Scott and Rhym back soon as well as Keys. I believe that will open up more blitz opportunities from the secondary and LB. Until that happens, our best bet vs LSU and OM is to run the ball every play, kill the clock, and keep it away from their QBs. 

• Like 1