At least this lawyer’s pretty

TexasTiger

29 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I answered your question as to why I hope Trump isn’t the nominee.  Did you miss this part? “So the man has not convinced very many independents to switch to his cause.  Making the right choice would consist of nominating a candidate that actually has a chance to win dispite the rhetoric.  I am hoping the Republican Party can make the right choice.”  

Ah, yes....so your point again is that Trump can't win the election because it's the fault of everyone trying to disqualify him. Not because he's a horrible scumbag who has no business leading a Whataburger, much less a country. 

To put it in terms you may understated;

Always fun to see you make another limp d*** attempt to go personal and belittle someone's intellect, especially when you can't use the right word.

Or would it depend upon the Rep choice?

Only one I could potentially vote for over Biden at this point is Haley. Would greatly depend on what else I hear from her and who she's proposing for important positions. Would be tough to vote for her with the Supreme Court as it is today, and as I said, Biden will at least have competent people in important positions if something happens to him. I'm sure you'll disagree with that latter part.

Edited by Leftfield
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Ah, yes....so your point again is that Trump can't win the election because it's the fault of everyone trying to disqualify him. Not because he's a horrible scumbag who has no business leading a Whataburger, much less a country. 

The man has been the President, he doesn’t need a repeat performance.  He has served a purpose and another needs to step up and follow through with the Republican Party’s vision.  He can’t win the general election because he won’t be able to win the swing states.

34 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Always fun to see you make another limp d*** attempt to go personal and belittle someone's intellect, especially when you can't use the right word.

I won’t have to resort to this if you didn’t misinterpret what I say.

35 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Biden will at least have competent people in important positions if something happens to him. I'm sure you'll disagree with that latter part.

One person shoots down your statement of competent people and that is the one that will take over if something does happen to Biden.  Kamal *what can be, unburdened by what has been” Harris.

Sam Briton and a few others are questionable at best.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I won’t have to resort to this if you didn’t misinterpret what I say.

So let's recap:

1. You say Democrats don't believe "America" will make the right choice if the Democrats don't tear him down.

2. You later clarify that when you said "Americans" you were only talking about Republicans, since you were referring to the primary as the chance to do the right thing. And since I didn't get that from the start I'm just thinking like Trump (uh......sure?)  Guess I shouldn't be surprised you don't think of Democrats as Americans, but I digress....

3. You talk about Trump running out of money, that it's a long time until the primaries, and that my lack of faith in people (Republicans) is "telling." 

4. When I ask why you "think" he won't win, you tell me why you "hope" he won't, and give no concrete reason why I should have faith in people to vote the right choice.

5. You write this - "As he has said every time he gets indicted his poll numbers go up.  So the man has not convinced very many independents to switch to his cause" - which is really weird because those statements have nothing to do with each other, since the first part is talking about his base, and is irrelevant anyway because independent voters don't flock to the primaries, which is what you were referring to. At least at the time. I don't know, you love to move goalposts so who the hell knows what you were talking about at that point?

6. Furthering the point about Trump's poll numbers going up when he's attacked, and tying it in with you blaming Democrats and the media (or anyone but Trump) for Trump's woes, you're effectively saying that Republicans as a group are too stupid to not cut off their nose to spite their face. Which....yeah.

So, that was fun, but the capper to all this is you still couch everything in terms of Trump not being able to win the general election. You don't seem to care if people never see him for who he truly is, you just hope they realize he's the wrong choice to take the White House, so you still don't see him as a severe threat to the institutions of the country, or realize how horribly mismanaged things were because of his appointed cronies, and you ignore all the warnings that so many that worked closely with him are giving you.

And finally....

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Sam Briton and a few others are questionable at best.

....I knew we wouldn't get out of this without a dig at a trans person. Bravo on working it in there.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

....I knew we wouldn't get out of this without a dig at a trans person. Bravo on working it in there.

I could have gone with Admiral Rachel Levine with a picture.  Count your blessings.

17 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The  Dems have had a campaign to make sure he is looked upon as despicable.  They have even, in some states, tried to bar him from the ballot.  In NYC alone he was procecuted for a *rape* charge that the SOL expired on, but was allowed.   This recent one is as political as it gets with the AG running on the platform of suing Trump.  If successful, Trump is through in NY as business man.

The four indictments are a worry as he will be in court and not campaigning.  He will turn those court dates into a sideshow.  As he has said every time he gets indicted his poll numbers go up.  So the man has not convinced very many independents to switch to his cause.  Making the right choice would consist of nominating a candidate that actually has a chance to win dispite the rhetoric.  I am hoping the Republican Party can make the right choice.

To correct your last statement; the most unfit President we’ve ever had is occupying the White House as we type.

Tell me; are you proud of the way Biden is handling the office?

He wasn’t prosecuted for rape and his not the victim you want to see him as.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I love the opening sentence about the Dems making Trump look horrible, as if he isn't.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

The whole point is that Trump is playing the victim and if he continues doing this he is not going to win.  I want Biden out of office and that is why the Republicans need to nominate another person.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The whole point is that Trump is playing the victim and if he continues doing this he is not going to win.  I want Biden out of office and that is why the Republicans need to nominate another person.

Have to start facing some reality here. I dont see a path for another nominee to overcome a nearly 40% deficit. Also, we can not like Trump all we want, but recent polls (left leaning ones even) show him in a dead heat or beating Biden head to head, so the notion he can't win needs to be reevaluated, as well.

4 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Have to start facing some reality here. I dont see a path for another nominee to overcome a nearly 40% deficit. Also, we can not like Trump all we want, but recent polls (left leaning ones even) show him in a dead heat or beating Biden head to head, so the notion he can't win needs to be reevaluated, as well.

Reality is not in full view yet.  Biden may or may not be the Dem nominee due to his age/corruption/policies.  Harris won’t be it and is also a drag on Biden as a vote for Biden in 2024 is a vote for Harris if she is still on the ticket.  The charismatic Gov. Newsom is in the wings debating Ron DeSantis and acting like the stand in.

Polls are useless at this point as Trump is not the nominee and if it comes down to whoever and Trump the independents and undecided will come out of wood work to voice their disapproval.  Trump’s base will not change and those are about 25% of the voting public, that is a lot to make up.  Indies and the undecided will win this election.  Not everybody is as fed up with the Dems and you and I.

Like Gaetz disapproval of McCarthy, what is the bottom line?  Who is going to be better and how will they get anything past when the Senate is controlled by Dems and the President is a Dem. The majority in the House is too slim to enact anything and the majority in the Senate is the product of Trump being buthurt about losing the election in 2020.  He gave the two Georgia seats to the Dems and backed some very unpopular Senate candidates in 2022.

McCarthy was very loyal to Trump and you noticed Trump rewards his loyalty by being silent on the issue of the Speaker of the House.  Trump has a stranglehold on social media and anybody that disagrees with Trump is shouted down.  In reality, Trump did some great thinks, but fell short on some important thing too.  Trump is not who we need and that is JMHO.

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Reality is not in full view yet.  Biden may or may not be the Dem nominee due to his age/corruption/policies.  Harris won’t be it and is also a drag on Biden as a vote for Biden in 2024 is a vote for Harris if she is still on the ticket.  The charismatic Gov. Newsom is in the wings debating Ron DeSantis and acting like the stand in.

Polls are useless at this point as Trump is not the nominee and if it comes down to whoever and Trump the independents and undecided will come out of wood work to voice their disapproval.  Trump’s base will not change and those are about 25% of the voting public, that is a lot to make up.  Indies and the undecided will win this election.  Not everybody is as fed up with the Dems and you and I.

Like Gaetz disapproval of McCarthy, what is the bottom line?  Who is going to be better and how will they get anything past when the Senate is controlled by Dems and the President is a Dem. The majority in the House is too slim to enact anything and the majority in the Senate is the product of Trump being buthurt about losing the election in 2020.  He gave the two Georgia seats to the Dems and backed some very unpopular Senate candidates in 2022.

McCarthy was very loyal to Trump and you noticed Trump rewards his loyalty by being silent on the issue of the Speaker of the House.  Trump has a stranglehold on social media and anybody that disagrees with Trump is shouted down.  In reality, Trump did some great thinks, but fell short on some important thing too.  Trump is not who we need and that is JMHO.

I'm not defending trump. I also don't really want him as the nominee. But you're making alot of assumptions (some I agree with, some I dont). I agree Biden probably isn't the nominee, but I don't know that Newsome (charismatic, really?) Is going to poll significantly better than Biden.

People assumed a coalescing field would eliminate Trump in 2016, too. So if they're going to do that, better do it before super Tuesday and pray it works, and if you see a mass exodus of candidates like you saw on the dem side right before that date, to me that's RNC tampering and I'm not a fan. The GOP also has to contend with the fact that if they have the appearance of tampering in anyway with Trump's run, he runs third party as revenge and tanks the ticket. And as long as that's not Ramaswammy he's tanking, I'm fine with that, cause the rest of the field is useless to me. But my original point stands: you can't claim the reality hasn't formed yet, but also claim Trump can't win. Clearly, there is a path for him to do so.

The GOP cannot be allowed to maintain their status quo of being apart of the rot that has consumed Washington. Its like allowing a cancer to grow in your body cause fighting it with chemo would stop normal functions of your body for a while and be inconvenient. The GOP in its current state has ceased to represent a large swath of the US (1/4 or so like you said), and so far the party's solution is to whine about it and do nothing to bring them in or address their concerns. So I back Gaetz in what he did. Disfunction is better than allowing it to continue.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

@KansasTiger this would be the end of the debate we are having:

This can not happen.

I want this for sheer meme power. Disfunction over status quo. Give me The Don as Speaker and I promise I'd never miss a state of the union...hahaha

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Also this doesn't address the fact that in h2h polls, Trump outpreforms the GOP field against Biden. Why is that if the independents and undecided would come out against Trump?

Edited by KansasTiger

2 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Also this doesn't address the fact that in h2h polls, Trump outpreforms most of the GOP field against Biden. Why is that if the independents and undecided would come out against Trump?

Even the WaPo poll that was the best ever for Trump head to head with Biden was 51-42 which is 93%. If the +/- is 3% the indies and undecided will decide the outcome.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

Even the WaPo poll that was the best ever for Trump head to head with Biden was 51-42 which is 93%. If the +/- is 3% the indies and undecided will decide the outcome.

That wasn't exactly what I was alluding to (but even that would assume a massive independent swing all to Biden to win that poll).

I mean the same polls that find Trump with a +3 or +4 on Biden show Desantis and other GOP members (if they even get a national H2H poll) at -3 or -4. Trump shouldnt perform better at the national H2H polls than other, 'more agreeable/electable', candidates in the party if what you say is true.

5 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

That wasn't exactly what I was alluding to (but even that would assume a massive independent swing all to Biden to win that poll).

I mean the same polls that find Trump with a +3 or +4 on Biden show Desantis and other GOP members (if they even get a national H2H poll) at -3 or -4. Trump shouldnt perform better at the national H2H polls than other, 'more agreeable/electable', candidates in the party if what you say is true.

I’m not sure I will trust many polls this far out.  It has to be closer to the primaries.  There is a lot to happen from now to then.  The 4 trials will be between now and then.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

I’m not sure I will trust many polls this far out.  It has to be closer to the primaries.  There is a lot to happen from now to then.  The 4 trials will be between now and then.

Ok that's fair. I'm not super trusting of most polls either. But it is what we currently have to work with. And regardless, Trump has a path to winning. It may wax and wane depending on lots of factors over the next year, but it's not reality to assume that all these factors all go up against him and he has no viable chance, therefore the party must support someone else. You can argue you don't like him, and I obviously see merit in some of those arguments, but the argument that he is 'unelectable and that is why the party has to move on' I don't believe holds water with currently available evidence.

• Like 1