Interception at the end of the game

bg5

Was it just me or did the UGA defender push down on our receiver on that interception. He was behind him and I looked a couple of times and it looked like our guy wasn't able to jump up because the UGA player pushed down on him.  Doesn't really matter now but I was wondering if anyone saw that. 

• Like 1

I don't think it was PI.  He just got bullied and is really small

• Haha 2

Receiver was timid and the defender aggressive.  There's going to be some contact; we just have to go get it like the defender did.  I didn't see anything egregious enough to warrant a PI. 

Looked to me like the DB went through the receiver for the ball. A call that is frequently missed by college officials. If the DB had missed the ball, or dropped it he may have gotten the flag. That being said, I don't think Freeze was too happy with where the ball was targeted. He just tossed his call sheet to the ground.

10 minutes ago, drɘxɘl said:

Receiver was timid and the defender aggressive.  There's going to be some contact; we just have to go get it like the defender did.  I didn't see anything egregious enough to warrant a PI. 

What he said.

Right now we don't have a dog who wants to go get the football. We don't need a Randy Moss. Right now I'd settle for a Courtney Taylor!

• Love 1

A small receiver got bulldozed. I haven’t watched a replay, but at the time it looked like the right throw. The potential was there. Freeze is always talking about having big receivers. 

2 hours ago, bg5 said:

Was it just me or did the UGA defender push down on our receiver on that interception. He was behind him and I looked a couple of times and it looked like our guy wasn't able to jump up because the UGA player pushed down on him.  Doesn't really matter now but I was wondering if anyone saw that. 

I saw the pass go too high!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

I saw the pass go too high!!

I agree , which allowed the db to go over the top. Fair is better when he is on the move. IMO for that specific play u need a big body receiver 

• Like 1

IMO can’t really complain about the officiating. They let them play. They called two PI’s against Ga and Auburn got away with a clear cut penalty when PT went across the line of a scrimmage then ran back an threw the ball

• Like 1

Amazing that we played as close as we did against a team that is better at every position on offense than AU. RB may be a draw. Of course we don't have a Bowers and likely never will. Thank goodness that's the last time we face him. We can only hope. Seemed like Kirby just waited till the fourth quarter to unleash Bowers against a very tired defense that had no answer for him even if we had been at full strength.