Donald Trump is about to have a very bad day in court.

aubiefifty

Forwarded this email? Subscribe here for more

Donald Trump is about to have a very s***ty day in court. boo ******* hoo

here's how Trump could lose everything

Oct 2
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsubstackcdn.com%2Fimage%2Ffetch%2Ff_auto%2Cq_auto%3Agood%2Cfl_progressive%3Asteep%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%252Fpublic%252Fimages%252Fc4aa1d91-bc69-48ee-a2fd-2a23e1ea763c_284x284.jpeg&t=1696260147&ymreqid=5daab59a-31c8-a83a-1c71-d10001017200&sig=ppp09Eq2OPvzluYug4Y9fg--~D

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsubstackcdn.com%2

READ IN APPmail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsubstackcdn.com%2

Little Donny ****face is in court today, and he’s about to learn a fun new word: “disgorgement.”

today is the start of Phase 2 of Trump’s civil fraud trial in New York. Donny already lost Phase 1 last week, when Justice Arthur Engoron ruled that Trump was a big ******* liar who had defrauded banks and investors.

that’s not even the best part: Judge Engoron also ordered the “corporate death penalty” for the Trump Organization and canceled all its business certificates.

Phase 2 is about damages — figuring out just how much Trump is going to have to shell out in penalties.

now, about “disgorgement,” and how it’s going to ruin Trump’s day, and possibly the rest of his life.

disgorgement is, simply

a remedy requiring a party who profits from illegal or wrongful acts to give up any profits they made as a result of that illegal or wrongful conduct. The purpose of this remedy is to prevent unjust enrichment and make illegal conduct unprofitable.

here’s how it works:

let’s say you’re a greedy scumbag real estate developer. and because you’re a greedy scumbag, you lie about everything. you lie to banks and investors, claiming your ****hole properties are worth more than they are. you lie to the IRS, claiming your properties are worth less than they are. you even lie about the size of your own unspeakably ugly gold-plated penthouse, for no good reason other than to stroke your stupid fragile ego.

ugh

and let’s say you do this for decades, eventually profiting from your fraudulent activities to the tune of a couple billion dollars.

now let’s say that you’re also a clumsy ******* dipshit who gets caught. and you’re so beyond-any-doubt guilty that the judge doesn’t even bother to put the case before a jury. he makes a summary judgement, tears your business certificates into tiny little pieces and throws them right in your stupid pumpkin face.

come back next week, the judge tells you, because that’s when the real fun will start.

which brings us to today.

James’ team will argue for disgorgement of profits, where the government reclaims the profit that was made from those loans. Prosecutors have already pointed to properties like Trump’s golf club in Miami, Trump International Hotel and Tower in Chicago and the Old Post Office building in Washington DC as properties that were paid for, in part, by the misleading financial statements.

holy s***, Letitia James is not ******* around.

this has the potential to be absolutley ruinous for Donny. as David Cay Johnston wrote last week,

The self-proclaimed multibillionaire may soon be personally bankrupt as a result, stripped of just about everything because for years he engaged in calculated bank fraud and insurance fraud by inflating the value of his properties, a judge ruled Tuesday.

His gaudy Trump Tower apartment, his golf courses, his Boeing 757 jet and even Mar-a-Lago could all be disposed of by a court-appointed monitor, leaving Trump with not much more than his pensions as a one term president and a television performer.

shoot that s*** straight into my veins.

Trump has been claiming that “no one was hurt” by his criming, and that the banks eventually got their money back, but the law doesn’t give a **** about that.

if Donald Trump has the capacity to understand how truly ****** he is, he should be s***ting his diapers right now, because judges and prosecutors have had it up to here with his flagrant criming, and not one of them is inclined to show him the slightest bit of mercy.

the “**** around” phase of Trump’s life is over. welcome to “finding out.”

consequences, it’s what’s for breakfast. have a great ******* day, Donny.

everyone is entitled to my own opinion is a reader-supported publication. To receive new posts and support my work, consider becoming a free or paid subscriber.

folks, a word on a different subject before I let you go: we’re doing some quarterly fundraising at my other venture, The Smirking Chimp. I’m leery of even mentioning it because if you’re one of the people paying to support my own writing here, you’re already doing god’s work and you’re already doing more than enough to help out. but if you’ve got five dollars that you absolutely wouldn’t miss and you do feel like supporting the Chimp, well, that just makes you twice the hero. the donation link is here, or you can go straight to paypal if you need no further convincing. and if you don’t care to donate, that’s totally cool, too, and we will not speak of this again. in fact, we never had this conversation. thanks for listening and that’s it from me for now.

You're currently a free subscriber to everyone is entitled to my own opinion . For the full experience, upgrade your subscription.

Upgrade to paid

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsubstackcdn.com%2Like

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsubstackcdn.com%2Comment

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsubstackcdn.com%2Restack

© 2023 Jeff Tiedrich
548 Market Street PMB 72296, San Francisco, CA 94104
Unsubscribe

Get the appStart writing

i love it! It was always lets make trump great again........grins

A Pissed Off Trump Shows Up for His Bank Fraud Trial

Jose Pagliery
Mon, October 2, 2023 at 9:25 AM CDT·3 min read

Brendan McDermid/Reuters

Brendan McDermid/Reuters
  •  

•  
  •  

A visibly angry Donald Trump appeared in a New York courtroom for the start of a bank fraud trial that has already sentenced his real estate empire to death.

A little after 10 a.m., Trump and his son Eric walked into court, surrounded by his large team of defense lawyers and a cadre of Secret Service agents. Trump, wearing a dark blue suit and a scowl, slowly made his way to his seat at the front of the courtroom. New York Attorney General Letitia James, whose investigators will make the case that the former president’s lies violated laws meant to maintain a fair and honest marketplace, sat in the front row behind her team of lawyers who have been digging into Trump’s faked personal financial statements for more than three years.

Justice Arthur F. Engoron, who oversaw bitter court fights during the investigation and had to repeatedly reprimand defense lawyers—and even fine the former president himself $110,000—commenced the long-awaited trial with a warm “good morning.”

Team Trump Prepares for Doom at New York Bank Fraud Trial

- ADVERTISEMENT -

“One thing I know a lot about is the legal definition of fraud,” Engoron began, explaining the history of the state’s Executive Law § 63(12), the law the AG is now using to clamp down on the Trumps’ lies in business deals.

The trial, which is scheduled to run from Oct. 2 until late December, caps off an intense effort by state law enforcement to show how Trump vastly overstated the values of his Monopoly board of properties across the country to snag better bank loans and insurance policies. On the eve of trial, the judge awarded the AG a massive victory by declaring that Trump had indeed engaged in bank fraud—stripping several of the mogul’s corporations of their business licenses and ripping away his life’s work by ordering the famous Trump Organization into receivership.

But the trial will continue anyway, as the AG is still seeking to punish the Trump family and top executives by pounding them with $250 million or more in fines.

Monday marked the first time that Trump, who has spent months railing against this judge in public, appeared in front of Engoron.

The trial also marks the start of a long series of court battles that threaten to imprison the former president, drain his bank accounts, and derail his campaign to return to the White House in 2024. Once this civil trial ends, he then needs to appear in New York federal court for a second iteration of a rape case, a criminal trial in Washington for attempting a coup in 2021, a criminal trial in Manhattan faking business papers, and a criminal trial in South Florida for hoarding classified documents at his oceanside mansion of Mar-a-Lago.

Although Trump was not required to appear in person this week, he ran the risk of being found in contempt of court in yet another court case—against his former lawyer, Michael Cohen. He claimed to be unavailable for depositions on Monday and Tuesday in that case, citing the AG’s bank fraud trial, so he is expected to appear both days in New York City.

In some ways, the AG’s office is picking up where the Manhattan District Attorney left off. Last year, a New York jury convicted the Trump Organization of tax fraud—resulting in a $1.6 million fine. But that was a relative slap on the wrist to the company. Only its chief financial officer, Allen Weisselberg, served time at the dreaded Rikers Island jail.

By contrast, state investigators on Monday began a presentation portraying the company’s top executives as the villains behind another round of deceit—this time, faking Trump’s personal financial statements from 2011 until 2021 by claiming space that didn’t exist and inflating assets that did.

AG senior enforcement counsel Kevin Wallace noted how Trump and his sons, company executives Don Jr. and Eric, certified to Deutsche Bank that the financial statements were accurate when they were not.

“None of the defendants are taking responsibility,” Wallace said, showing snippets of depositions in which investigators questioned Trump’s adult sons and Weisselberg.

Read more at The Daily Beast.

Get the Daily Beast's biggest scoops and scandals delivered right to your inbox. Sign up now.

Stay informed and gain unlimited access to the Daily Beast's unmatched reporting. Subscribe now.

Read next

Read next

Read next

Read next

Read next

1) This is how djt has gamed the system for decades. It would be too cool if this blew up in his face, if this kept him out the WH in 2024.

2) This is a Rule of Law, but it is rarely used and is hard to prove. Too much squish in the numbers etc.

3) All that said: Please Lord, let it come true. I saw thru djt back in 1987. I never understood what it was that lead him into being so damn popular with the media.

• Like 2

You guys post too many Legacy Media articles…hard to take any of you seriously over here.  Quit reading and consuming that garbage.

• Facepalm 1

34 minutes ago, AUApostle said:

You guys post too many Legacy Media articles…hard to take any of you seriously over here.  Quit reading and consuming that garbage.

Speaking of taking someone seriously, are you referring to the Reuters article I posted above?

If so, do you call simple facts "garbage" or are you disputing the published information is factual?

Edited by homersapien

4 hours ago, AUApostle said:

Where do you get your news? I’ll check it out.

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Speaking of taking someone seriously, are you referring to the Reuters article I posted above?

If so, do you call simple facts "garbage" or are you disputing the published information is factual?

May be “facts”, maybe some is not. Horrendous legal bills are a part of Trumps life like egg, sausage, and toast for breakfast is to us. I assume “Legacy media articles” come from people like you posting the same stuff over and over. Meanwhile Trump marches forward. 

20 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

May be “facts”, maybe some is not. Horrendous legal bills are a part of Trumps life like egg, sausage, and toast for breakfast is to us.

Did you read the article? 

Do you dispute any of it?  If so, what?

I assume “Legacy media articles” come from people like you posting the same stuff over and over.

What the hell does this even mean? 

What about my post is repetitive?  

Are you suggesting we stop posting new information about Trump?

Meanwhile Trump marches forward. 

Therefore, we should stop posting new information about him?  That's clearly a non-sequitur.

Or do you believe its people who report Trump's actions and words who are responsible for his persistent popularity with MAGA idiots instead of the idiots themselves? 

C'mon, Salty, surely you can do better than that. :no: 

Edited by homersapien

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Did you read the article? 

Do you dispute any of it?  If so, what?

What the hell does this even mean? 

What about my post is repetitive?  

Are you suggesting we stop posting new information about Trump?

Therefore, we should stop posting new information about him?  That's clearly a non-sequitur.

Or do you believe its people who report Trump's actions and words who are responsible for his persistent popularity with MAGA idiots instead of the idiots themselves? 

C'mon, Salty, surely you can do better than that. :no: 

Yes I read the article and mean that legal bills are are just a way of life in Trumps world and not news worthy. Don’t know what a “legacy article” is. Assume it is the daily beating he has taken since pre inauguration. 

We may all be better off if the people that report his actions ignored the man. Of course they love him. 

12 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Yes I read the article and mean that legal bills are are just a way of life in Trumps world and not news worthy. Don’t know what a “legacy article” is. Assume it is the daily beating he has taken since pre inauguration. 

We may all be better off if the people that report his actions ignored the man. Of course they love him. 

It's not just that he has legal bills.  It's that he's paying for them with the money mindless MAGAs are contributing to him, like the grifter he is. 

Such irony is worth noting IMO. 

And I disagree we'd be better off if his actions were simply ignored. Trump is responsible for what he does and MAGAs are responsible for loving him. 

It's not the fault of those who report on it.

Edited by homersapien