Trump -- People stealing should be shot

AURex

5 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

You wouldn’t have to shoot all of them.  Just a few of the early ones and everybody else reconsiders their strategy.

What happens when you shoot and kill someone you think is shoplifting only to realize after the fact they were a normal shopper? Do you get a pass because you were trying to be a vigilante? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, arein0 said:

What happens when you shoot and kill someone you think is shoplifting only to realize after the fact they were a normal shopper? Do you get a pass because you were trying to be a vigilante? 

You obviously wait for the inevitable smash and grab to shoot the *shoplifter*.

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i have said repeatedly i like joe. am i happy with everything he has done? of course not. but never trump. i have no use for anyone that pisses on our military and vets. read some news that will tell you some truths. a man that lost one or two legs was not allowed to sing at an even because Trump said he was ugly. you make peace with that one. personally trump can kiss my arse.

I guess you can't understand or respect that many, including me, feel the same way about Biden and his lying, corrupt family. Even his pitiful PR lady won't answer for him anymore.

On 10/3/2023 at 1:17 PM, Son of A Tiger said:

You didn't answer my question..........if someone broke into your house would you shoot them?

This has NEVER been an issue and it has ZERO to to do with this discussion. Start another thread.

Sure it does and you just want to dodge the question. I'll ask the question a different way.......if you owned one of the businesses with looters coming in and taking a lot of stuff and maybe destroying the business would you shoot them?

38 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Sure it does and you just want to dodge the question. I'll ask the question a different way.......if you owned one of the businesses with looters coming in and taking a lot of stuff and maybe destroying the business would you shoot them?

No, but I’d be insured.

On 10/2/2023 at 8:41 PM, AURex said:

So, what Trump is advocating, is killing white middle class moms with some mental health problems.

Doesn’t sound like they are stealing due to having hungry babies or being cold and homeless. Typical way you guys like to frame things. Not surprised at the statistics you posted. Think most people that shoplift do so because they can plus being sick. Not out of need.

I would say require professional help first two times……shoot them the third time.

Edited by SaltyTiger
  • Thanks 1

On 10/3/2023 at 9:41 AM, jj3jordan said:

You wouldn’t have to shoot all of them.  Just a few of the early ones and everybody else reconsiders their strategy.

Shoot first! Ask questions later.

• Facepalm 1

The right solution is getting more cops and friggin locking people up.  Trump and his followers with their bad a$$ John wick wannabe stuff gets tiresome.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

The right solution is getting more cops and friggin locking people up.  Trump and his followers with their bad a$$ John wick wannabe stuff gets tiresome.

Please explain.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Please explain.

I get self protection and if someone needs 5 AR-15s with mag clips to feel safe… ok. But the outlaw josey wales rants I’ve read about whacking criminals just starts getting silly. 

• Like 1

Perhaps,,, instead of always thinking about being cruel and punitive,,, we should think about guaranteed employment.  Shouldn't people at least have the opportunity to be productive?

Would people be likely to respect private property if,,, they are respected as human beings?

• Facepalm 1

15 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Perhaps,,, instead of always thinking about being cruel and punitive,,, we should think about guaranteed employment.  Shouldn't people at least have the opportunity to be productive?

Would people be likely to respect private property if,,, they are respected as human beings?

People do have the opportunity to be productive. You know what makes them not productive? Guaranteed employment. Respect is earned, not demanded or directed.

• Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

People do have the opportunity to be productive. You know what makes them not productive? Guaranteed employment. Respect is earned, not demanded or directed.

So, is everyone able to earn a living wage by working?

Just now, homersapien said:

So, is everyone able to earn a living wage by working?

Define living wage. But yes. Everyone has the opportunity. You changed my words as usual so you can twist the meaning. Pathetic.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Looting and stealing is wrong. 

Shooting people over taking *stuff* is over the line. It’s unbiblical. 

Exodus 22:1-2 NIV

22 “Whoever steals an ox or a sheep and slaughters it or sells it must pay back five head of cattle for the ox and four sheep for the sheep.

2 “If a thief is caught breaking in at night and is struck a fatal blow, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed;

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Looting and stealing is also unbiblical. As is homosexuality, fornication, and drinking to excess.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

So if someone breaks into your house and is stealing something it is biblical not to shoot him/her?

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

So if someone breaks into your house and is stealing something it is biblical not to shoot him/her?

The first part of Exodus 22 is what is missing in our society.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Exodus 22:1-2 NIV

22 “Whoever steals an ox or a sheep and slaughters it or sells it must pay back five head of cattle for the ox and four sheep for the sheep.

2 “If a thief is caught breaking in at night and is struck a fatal blow, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed;

First of all, Jesus made it clear that eye for an eye was no longer the standard, even if it was an improvement over how things were typically handled in the ancient near east. 

But second of all, using force to stop a thief (who is possibly breaking into your house where you and your family are in bodily danger) that happens to result in them dying is not the same as legalizing execution for thieves. 

Just ripping a couple of verses out of context as if that makes your case isn’t an argument. 

• Like 2