Brian Battie

Piketiger1990

There has been quite a few doubters about Brian Battie from a few people but I thought he was one bright spot in the TAMU game. He lead the team in YPR (7.4), excluding Sean Jackson’s one rush, and YPC (11.5). I think if the coaches do decide sometime this year to go with Robbie, he could be a great back in the Z/R and short passing game.  Perhaps a Shaun Shivers type, but more elusive and less physical. I hate it that Alston is injured, but I’m also confident in Hunter, Cobb, and Battie. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Piketiger1990 said:

There has been quite a few doubters about Brian Battie from a few people but I thought he was one bright spot in the TAMU game. He lead the team in YPR (7.4), excluding Sean Jackson’s one rush, and YPC (11.5). I think if the coaches do decide sometime this year to go with Robbie, he could be a great back in the Z/R and short passing game.  Perhaps a Shaun Shivers type, but more elusive and less physical. I hate it that Alston is injured, but I’m also confident in Hunter, Cobb, and Battie. 

He changed my opinion of him Saturday! I was wrong in my assessment of him! He was a bright spot on a bleak day and I hope that he is a larger part of the game plan moving forward. I would also like to see Sean Jackson get a few touches per game...especially in the second half! He reminds me of Rudy Johnson.

Edited by GAAubie
  • Like 1

I was never a doubter about Battie. The young man is a baller. The Auburn RB room is deep and very talented. If there was an OL that could open holes and a QB who could play-action, these RBs could all shine.

15 hours ago, AURex said:

I was never a doubter about Battie. The young man is a baller. The Auburn RB room is deep and very talented. If there was an OL that could open holes and a QB who could play-action, these RBs could all shine.

I don’t think they are doing terrible on the running game.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2023 at 3:01 PM, Hank2020 said:

I don’t think they are doing terrible on the running game.

"RBs could shine" is not equal to "doing terrible." I never said they were "doing terrible" or anything close. RB is our strongest offensive room.  OL, especially with 2 starters on the bench, is not our strongest room. Is this too confusing for you?

It was expected that Battie's value in a big boy league would be returning kicks/punts, but his backfield stock certainly went up last week. He ran like he was saving his baby from a fire.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AURex said:

"RBs could shine" is not equal to "doing terrible." I never said they were "doing terrible" or anything close. RB is our strongest offensive room.  OL, especially with 2 starters on the bench, is not our strongest room. Is this too confusing for you?

Not trying to be combative. I am also not trying to put specific meaning to your comment. What I meant by my comment is I think the running game is probably second to our defenses pluses this year. That pretty well matches up to your summation I believe.