What do you want to see against Georgia

Win4AU

1) Anything positive on offense.  String a couple plays together, get a couple first downs, complete a couple passes.  Anything that indicates this offense is progressing.  Bonus points for 100 yard rushers, touchdowns, and short field goals.  Don’t care who the Qb is.

2) No injuries.  It’s been a rough couple weeks

3) Continued good defensive effort.  If we see that fall off then things might go from meh to worse.  

Should be a packed, rowdy JHS for the 1st half of the game.  If Auburn can somehow keep it close…..

Edited by Win4AU
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some healthy safeties, and a defensive plan to not let that damn right end beat us. On offense I want to see more passes down the field on 1ST DOWN. And, an emphasis on getting the ball out of Thorne's hand quickly. Flare passes to the backs, quick slants to the slots, anything to keep GA from pinning their ears back. 

• Like 2

Blocking, at least some sign of resistance at the LOS.  Blocking, the overloads at the point of attack that the Freeze offense is suppose to create.  Blocking, decent attempts to block in space by TEs, RBs and, WRs.

Remember when Muschamp/Steele came here.  We could not tackle.  They fixed that.

We have never corrected the inability to block.

Blocking, tackling, special teams.  The building blocks of winning football.  All the speed, skill in the world,,, can't fix a deficit in the fundamentals.

Edited by icanthearyou
  • Like 2

The reason to have High Freeze in charge is his approach to offense.

Freeze's O historically (and at AU, theoretically through Montgy) REQUIRES a highly accurate QB & WRs that catch a ball that hits their hands. 

I'd like to see our QB be near 70% accuracy this game. Not unrealistic for our CURRENT player pool IMO.

1. Hope our QB doesn't get hurt.  Hope we can reasonably protect him/them.

2. Want to see our O-line play penalty-free.

3. Want to see Alston start at RB, if he's healthy.  He's my favorite AU RB right now.  Battie is my second favorite.

4. Want to see Thorne throw the ball at least within Big Foot's catch radius, unlike last week.

5. Want to see my baby back ribs turn out good.

• Like 1

Love to see Holden start & get his legit shot, as PT & RA already have.

We got to have somebody throw for at least 150 a game to keep defensive fronts from stacking the box on running downs & just pinning their ears back on obvious downs.

OL has to open up holes for our great RB's.

Defense keep up the good work.

• Like 3

Conduct two clean 60-70 yard drives in the first half resulting in at least 10 points. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Win4AU said:

1) Anything positive on offense.  String a couple plays together, get a couple first downs, complete a couple passes.  Anything that indicates this offense is progressing.  Bonus points for 100 yard rushers, touchdowns, and short field goals.  Don’t care who the Qb is.

2) No injuries.  It’s been a rough couple weeks

3) Continued good defensive effort.  If we see that fall off then things might go from meh to worse.  

Should be a packed, rowdy JHS for the 1st half of the game.  If Auburn can somehow keep it close…..

A forward pass that looks akin to something you've seen other offenses do in the 2000's. 

If I'm feeling greedy, perhaps a forward pass where both the QB and WR look comfortable and confident at least once. 

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Like 1

Offensive identity, or even the beginning of the start of a glimpse of an offensive proof of concept 

Edited by AUINSY

Want to see toilet paper hanging from the oaks at Toomers!!!

On a more realistic note:

1) Some level of improvement on the OL 

2) Some cohesive play along to get some rhythm.  A little throw and catch would be great!

3) Defensively - keep the fight going!  Get a couple of turnovers to give us a chance. 

• Like 1

I’d like to see Hugh show what all competent coaches can do— design an offense that plays to your players strengths instead of blaming them for lacking the talent to excel at his system.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

- A raucous Jordan-Hare. I'm talking 2022 TAMU + 2019 Iron Bowl level. As much as I hate to deduce this to cheap marketing, this is a MASSIVE recruiting weekend. Win or lose the atmosphere can do wonders for recruiting.

- Efficiency on offense, finishing drives

- No turnovers and no injuries!!

- Force turnovers. A pick 6 or a scoop and score

- Make it a ball game in the 4th quarter and let JHS do it's magic

Georgia is pretty banged up. I'm sure they've kept the offense pretty conservative and bland because they have no need to open it up until Tennessee (hell maybe not until December) so I don't think they're necessarily sleepwalking.

I don't expect to win but I am not on the UGA is going to three-peat team and thus invincible. I don't think they're that team this year. We'll see.

The same thing I want every week.

#1 - An Oline that is mashing the opposing dl to the point it looks like they are on skates going backwards.

#2 - A DLine that is making running backs fake being tackled to avoid the pain.

Olines and DLines win games...

• Like 1

100 passing yards. I read a stat that in auburns last P5 games we have failed to reach this number. Just incredible.

• Sad 1

Scar still schemed a few open guys, even after the WR1 went out. Couldn’t run at all and pass blocking didn’t exist as the game progressed. I imagine that’s going to be the same for us, although I didn’t watch this UAB game where they were somewhat interesting I guess. 

Probably going to be a blitz on 75-80% plays bare minimum. It would be surprising, and VERY exciting, if Thorne can get the ball out of his hands at all on Saturday. That would be progress in itself 

• Like 1

Lots of toilet paper after the game.