Offensive Analysis

LPTiger

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

We are so set on tradition that we are stuck while everybody else just pass us by.

Teams get enamored with team recruiting rankings. But the rankings are flawed in that they don’t weight the score by position. ie A 5* TE counts as much as a 5* QB, which deeply misleads the actual capability of a team. As obvious as this sounds - we don’t seem to get that. At all. Until we make loading up on more top tier qb’s our far and away highest priority - imo years of “tradition”ground hog day.

8 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Teams get enamored with team recruiting rankings. But the rankings are flawed in that they don’t weight the score by position. ie A 5* TE counts as much as a 5* QB, which deeply misleads the actual capability of a team. As obvious as this sounds - we don’t seem to get that. At all. Until we make loading up on more top tier qb’s our far and away highest priority - imo years of “tradition”ground hog day.

Fans LIKE good rankings, they LOVE elite rankings even more, especially when the team is right up there with OSU, UGA, UA, etc teams.  

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

Fans LIKE good rankings, they LOVE elite rankings even more, especially when the team is right up there with OSU, UGA, UA, etc teams.  

I love team rankings.  But unless weve stockpile 3 years of top 5 classes and can just play bully ball - we better load up on qbs  to try to equalize. Otherwise we’re …. what we are now.

On 9/24/2023 at 10:08 PM, cbo said:

It's going to be a bloodbath but honestly that doesn't bother me personally. Except for the reasons you rightly noted. 

There wasn't a coach in the country that was going to inherit this roster and compete with UGA. 

I know it won't happen but according to Ole Miss and Liberty fans, this Georgia game is the type of game Freeze will somehow win. What I've read about him from those fanbases is that he always wins a game or 2 each year that he has no business winning and he will lose a game or 2 each year that he has no business losing.

When you look at his career it's true. He beat Alabama 2 years in a row, he went to Arkansas last year and won with Liberty, he beat BYU with Liberty but he has also lost to some stinker teams that makes you ask WTF just happened?

I think we lose saturday but I don't think Kirby runs it up on us. 

11 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I listen to an analysis that said, A&M cheated a db up and forced PT to have to make 2 reads on the rpo plays, they also took away the short passing game, the only way Auburn was going to be able to back TAM out of that was to hit a couple of down the field throws, and PT just couldn’t do it.

Really solid defensive game plan by Texas A&M. But a QB that could hit those passes, likely changes the whole dynamic of the game. 

I watched Josh Pate on YouTube and he talked about how inept our offense looked. There were alot of Texas A&M fans in the comments and they said their DC, DJ Durkin, never blitzes much but they said they blitzed more against us than their other 3 games put together. They said our QB was just terrible and if we had any semblance of a good QB, we would've beat them. Even after they beat us, they still don't think their team will be any better than a 6-6 team.