Auburn at Texas A&M - Official Game Thread

Zeek

Just now, tbone4jc said:

The OLine is hot and cold. The last sack was definitely on them. Thorne is holding the ball too long but there are times where he has less than 2 seconds. Slants and screens would help both out

Or flares to the RB's. Got to get A&M chasing the football 

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

On offense,  yes. D is playing great

Defense is wasted on this team.  I feel sorry for them.  This offense is putrid.  The defense deserves an offense with a pulse.  

This is a perfect game for us.  Low scoring defensive struggle and it can probably be won with a single TD.  If we can find a way to get in the end zone the defense has got this.  

I don’t really get why we haven’t seen Ashford.  Freeze said he would have packages and all we do is continue to play a QB who plays either with a noodle arm or overthrows people by 15 yards.  

5 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

lol Bo Nix-land is a 21-pt fave over Prime

I know everyone already knows this but Bo would be a great fit at AU now. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

I don’t really get why we haven’t seen Ashford.  Freeze said he would have packages and all we do is continue to play a QB who plays either with a noodle arm or overthrows people by 15 yards.  

He is worse. That’s why. I know I know 

• Dislike 1

Cole Pinkston seems to think this is mostly on Montgomery, due to the fact that we arent taking the single man matchups, and that’s Hugh’s thing. He expects Hugh to call more plays in the second half.

Cole know like 100x more about football than most of us, so I’m going to take this as hope for Auburn.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 2

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

He is worse. That’s why. I know I know 

And I don’t agree.  Thorne’s play at QB is some of the worst I’ve ever seen.  I’m not even trying to be harsh.  But he just doesn’t have it.  The coaches have zero confidence in him so why they continue to trot him out there is head scratching. 

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Stidham or Thorne under pressure. Take your pick

Finley or Thorne. Take your pick.

Our OL just cannot pass-block and Thorne can't figure out how to get a pass away quickly.

15 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Coming to Jesus meeting at half…

We tried that last week with the baptisms on campus. Didn't seem to help

• Haha 4

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

Stidham would have us up at least two touchdowns by now. 

Stidham would at least hit a wide open pass...I cannot believe we did not convert that.

• Like 1

Just now, AURex said:

Finley or Thorne. Take your pick.

Our OL just cannot pass-block and Thorne can't figure out how to get a pass away quickly.

So we should call plays to get the ball out quick.  But even then I think Thorne is absolutely shell shocked.  He act like he’s a true freshman who is out there too early.  

I hoped coming into the season that Thorne could be average at least. Instead he looks absolutely terrified to be on the field for the second road game in a row.  Could the WR and OL play be better? Sure but the glaring problem on this offense is a QB who wont pull the trigger and if he manages to he overthrows the target by 5 yards minimum.