Aggie menu

bigbird

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Pork tenderloin with Cajun butter injection and a healthy dusting of Butt Rub over some spicy mustard to make it stick. Iron skillet seared, and then cooked in the same pan to 135*, rested and presto=perfection. 
Snacking on some tortillas while it cooks-dipped into homemade chorizo Queso with Rotel and extra green chilies. Yum 🤤 

Baked Creamed cabbage with onions and bell peppers topped with crumbled Ritz crackers and butter.

Funny you mentioned pork tenderloins.  I just took these two tenderloins and four half chickens off the barrel smoker.  The tenderloins are for tomorrow, but everybody here gets a half chicken today for the AU game.

pt.jpgIMG-0838.jpg

• Love 3

On 9/22/2023 at 6:04 AM, bigbird said:

Are any of y'all planning on making anything good for the game tomorrow?

I did beef ribs last weekend.

PXL_20230910_234204185.jpg

PXL_20230910_235410150.MP.jpg

I lived in Temple, Tx for about 8 years during the mid-late '00's. There's a restaurant there called Las Casas. The are famous for a dish they "invented", named White Wings. They are so addictively good, especially  with a cold one. I figure a good Central Texas inspired meal would be appropriate for this game, so that's what we're going to attempt to do tomorrow. 

Here's what they look like. 

image.png

Here's the recipe if anyone is interested.

https://www.food.com/recipe/famous-white-wings-63924

It says to bake them, but you should finish them off in a quick fry to really crisp the bacon. 

Let us know your meal/menu. 

Very interested in these white wings, bird. May have to try them this weekend. I sometimes do chicken breasts stuffed with cheese and jalapeno and wrapped with bacon. This looks similar but better. 

• Like 1