Aggie menu

bigbird

6 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I just got back from the grocery store. I'm having white wings! Thanks!!!

Let me know how they turn out 

42 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

@bigbird, my husband makes “white wings” with quail instead of chicken.  He also marinates them in Italian dressing before he grills them.  😊

Ooo that sounds great! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

Are any of y'all planning on making anything good for the game tomorrow?

I did beef ribs last weekend.

PXL_20230910_234204185.jpg

PXL_20230910_235410150.MP.jpg

I lived in Temple, Tx for about 8 years during the mid-late '00's. There's a restaurant there called Las Casas. The are famous for a dish they "invented", named White Wings. They are so addictively good, especially  with a cold one. I figure a good Central Texas inspired meal would be appropriate for this game, so that's what we're going to attempt to do tomorrow. 

Here's what they look like. 

image.png

Here's the recipe if anyone is interested.

https://www.food.com/recipe/famous-white-wings-63924

It says to bake them, but you should finish them off in a quick fry to really crisp the bacon. 

Let us know your meal/menu. 

You're a gentleman and a scholar, thanks much!

Edited by aucanucktiger
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

I lived in Temple, Tx for about 8 years during the mid-late '00's. There's a restaurant there called Las Casas. The are famous for a dish they "invented", named White Wings. They are so addictively good, especially  with a cold one. I figure a good Central Texas inspired meal would be appropriate for this game, so that's what we're going to attempt to do tomorrow. 

image.png

It says to bake them, but you should finish them off in a quick fry to really crisp the bacon. 

Slide me a plate Unc 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7qh4l6nsx1xuzootv4w

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Wow, those beef ribs look delicious ... I will likely fire up the pit this weekend.  What to cook, what to cook hmmmm ....

on my budget i am doing great if i can fry baloney.....................grins

21 hours ago, bigbird said:

image.png

do you not feel like a cannibal cooking and eating wings bird? my gawd the horror man! what do you think about this golf?

Edited by aubiefifty

7 hours ago, HAYinthemiddleoftheBARN said:

Um... Gonna keep it simple and grill some spicy Connecuh sausage; Make a batch of Velveeta Ro-tel dip for my tortilla chips; and prolly some really good Bourbon 🥃 like Oak & Eden.

man i love the velveeta ro-tel dip! i like mine with some hot sausage after it has been browned. then i sit around and make sure some nasty types do not double dip with one chip...........lol

• Like 2

13 hours ago, LPTiger said:

A girl who can smoke brisket.... Sweet Jesus.

'My daddy taught me well….and we have good friends from TX who helped my hone my brisket skills. 

We will do a big brisket then have some that I can make chili, spicy chop for breakfast tacos, and I also make a smoked brisket queso 😋

• Like 2
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Southern Fried Quail may be the best dish the Good Lord ever gave us.   How many Northeastern industry magnates stopped their train cars in south Georgia once and then quickly bought 1,000's of acres all because of that little bird...

Back when I was a kid growing up in Opelika the White House out in Beulah used to serve fried quail on Wednesday nights I believe. My dear departed Mother, and I used to go sometimes. The quail, mashed potatoes, and hot biscuits were to die for! 

• Like 2

Smoked these two chuck roasts for last week's game.  Wanted to do a brisket, but these Costco chuck roasts were the perfect size for four people.

IMG-1089.jpgIMG-1096.jpgIMG-1099.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Smoked these two chuck roasts for last week's game.  Wanted to do a brisket, but these Costco chuck roasts were the perfect size for four people.

IMG-1089.jpgIMG-1096.jpgIMG-1099.jpg

Looks amazing 

• Like 2

Pork tenderloin with Cajun butter injection and a healthy dusting of Butt Rub over some spicy mustard to make it stick. Iron skillet seared, and then cooked in the same pan to 135*, rested and presto=perfection. 
Snacking on some tortillas while it cooks-dipped into homemade chorizo Queso with Rotel and extra green chilies. Yum 🤤 

Baked Creamed cabbage with onions and bell peppers topped with crumbled Ritz crackers and butter.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

To start the day, we are beginning with Millie Ray's new Conecuh sausage rolls. Millie Ray is now deceased.  She started serving orange rolls out of her house in Birmingham as gifts.  The company has grown substantially over the years.  The orange rolls are unreal.  When AU alum, Sister Shubert quit making her sausage rolls, Millie's sons stepped in to fill the void.   Partnering with Conecuh Sausage was a great move.   They hit the stores this week.

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

'My daddy taught me well….and we have good friends from TX who helped my hone my brisket skills. 

We will do a big brisket then have some that I can make chili, spicy chop for breakfast tacos, and I also make a smoked brisket queso 😋

mando-way-mandalorian.gif

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

To start the day, we are beginning with Millie Ray's new Conecuh sausage rolls. Millie Ray is now deceased.  She started serving orange rolls out of her house in Birmingham as gifts.  The company has grown substantially over the years.  The orange rolls are unreal.  When AU alum, Sister Shubert quit making her sausage rolls, Millie's sons stepped in to fill the void.   Partnering with Conecuh Sausage was a great move.   They hit the stores this week.

Ohhh I am definitely going to need to find these!!  We love Conecuh sausage

2 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I just finished off 4 of them and want 4 more.   Really, really good. 

22 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

My wife ships Conecuh sausage to our youngest son out in Colorado at least once a month. Can't buy it out there😁