All Things Deion/Colorado Discussion

NCTiger1982

20 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I meant the NCAA hasn't done anything. The death threats against Blackburn and his family is just sickening to see. They even posted his family's home address online. Police are looking into it and hopefully they find the people responsible and make an example of them.

Deion took the high road when some reporters tried to get him to go at Norvell this week. Travis Hunter really shocked me because he had nothing bad to say about Blackburn at all. Hunter said Blackburn is just trying to help his team win and injuries happen in football all the time. I doubt that I could take the high road if I was in Hunter's position. Not now and definitely not when I was his age. He seems like a really good kid. 

It would surprise me, if it wasn’t Hunter/Colorado, to see any mention of the late hit outside of at the time/place announcers at the game due to a player being transported to the hospital. Hunter/Sanders/Colorado took the high road bc it was the correct approach for their team. Getting bogged down in back and forth media expressions does nothing for their team goals. Good approach by them IMO.

Edited by Hank2020
  • Like 2

On 9/20/2023 at 11:59 AM, AUloggerhead said:

I'll give CDS his due -- he's exceeded all expectations.  He's got his team playing hard & winning: 3-0 so far against last year's playoff team TCU, traditional powerhouse NU (also in rebuild mode) and now CU's instate rival, CSU.  With a larger overhaul of the roster (50+) than AU (40+), CU is the talk of cfb this season and rightly so.  Hate to call them a Cinderella team (lol) but 180 turn-arounds are bound to make that comparison(!) I hope they do well in their conference games.  Go Buffs.  

Check this out -- an article describing a moose attack on a woman & her dog out hiking a trail in Colorado even mentions Deion Sanders and CU!  

Can't make this up

On 9/20/2023 at 11:48 AM, cole256 said:

I've been waiting for someone to actually talk football. Remember all the can't coach stuff? I feel like if nothing else people would at least give props on that because that was literally the number one thing said. It's early but all the games so far has consisted of the most difficult situations of being a coach and he's made every right decision. Time management, every week an opposing coach acting like a child, brand new team and coaching staff.

These players haven't experienced big lights like this. These guys have been losers and they already showing the mettle to not give up to perform under pressure. And these are things where if you think a team is a cupcake or not it doesn't matter. The big decision to send his offense out during ot. Losing his best player. Team down the whole game and finishing strong, his team has always been the most disciplined,....I'm sure mistakes will be made throughout the season but with the way he was talked about here and how apparently the bar is so low as far as the belief of his coaching abilities some people would say hey this guy is better than I thought! But I guess not. 

But so far excellent adjustments, team being ready to play, handling the big time atmosphere with new guys, handling adversity, has been an outstanding coaching job. I've seen him yell at guys for stuff AND hug guys. 

Not to mention,,, is there a better promoter of his program in all of college football?

5 hours ago, Viper said:

They have no ground to do anything. It wasn’t a blow to the head, no fight took place, so not even a 1st half suspension can be dealt. The NCAA has no ground to even review it. 

Ok, that makes sense. Michael Irvin was speaking from his emotions rather than the actual rule probably. 

I've derailed this thread enough so I'll stop and let it get back to it's intended purpose. 

Edited by TeamZero77

Colorado travels to Oregon. It's the battle of Bo vs Prime Jr.  Buffs vs Ducks.

Do bisons trample those wee birds? Or does the quack attack rodeo the hairy behemoths?

It's Prime love fest vs an actual Power5 football team.

Who ya got, Prime lovers?

• Facepalm 1

18 hours ago, Viper said:

They have no ground to do anything. It wasn’t a blow to the head, no fight took place, so not even a 1st half suspension can be dealt. The NCAA has no ground to even review it. 

A tone setting hit that was beautifully applied.  A very bang bang play, where I hate that Hunter got injured but, that wasn't as an egregious play as many want it to be.   

• Like 6

If your team was said to have the worst roster out of ALL teams.....is there a such thing as cupcake?

Meanwhile the op says stuff like talent wins and can see the good the coach did with this program.....see through the cupcake wins mind you......but I digress

Edited by cole256

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

A tone setting hit that was beautifully applied.  A very bang bang play, where I hate that Hunter got injured but, that wasn't as an egregious play as many want it to be.   

I disagree with that. I agree that he couldn't know all what happened would happen but he knew he was hitting him after a play, and the corner was holding Hunter so Hunter couldn't defend himself. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I disagree with that. I agree that he couldn't know all what happened would happen but he knew he was hitting him after a play, and the corner was holding Hunter so Hunter couldn't defend himself. 

Definitely knew. It was intentional but it wasn't like it was 5 seconds after the fact nor could he have any idea if he was being held up.  He deliberately went in to make a big hit. It was a very close play.

He was rightfully penalized. That's where it should've ende, IMO. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Yeah the ball was on the ground when he hit him. 

• Like 2

I'm a big Prime fan. I wish he was at Auburn. And that is no knock on CHF. Glad to have him.

With regards to Prime's talent:

The Buffs’ 711.87 points have them ranked No. 35 nationally.

https://coloradobuffaloeswire.usatoday.com/lists/how-colorados-talent-level-compares-pac-12-teams-buffs-football/

Edited by AUFAN78

• ellitor changed the title to All Things Deion/Colorado Discussion

Colorado is a phenomenon and has attracted a ton of love, and also some resentment/ jealousy. I’m sure the csu players went into the game with an … attitude. Was the hit premeditated- no, was it bang bang dirty, imo definitely. Unfortunately, there may be more to come.

I've been basically rooting for Deon, but a bit of fatigue is setting in.  I wouldn't mind seeing Oregon take them down a notch.  Colorado wins this one, and the hype is going to go nuclear.  His son is one heck of a QB though.  Wish we had him.

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Definitely knew. It was intentional but it wasn't like it was 5 seconds after the fact nor could he have any idea if he was being held up.  He deliberately went in to make a big hit. It was a very close play.

He was rightfully penalized. That's where it should've ende, IMO. 

I agree, the only part I didn't agree with is it was beautifully applied. I also agree he shouldn't have been thrown out as a proponent of keep physical play in the game.....but as far as what they have thrown so many out for then under those metrics he should've been thrown out

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I agree, the only part I didn't agree with is it was beautifully applied. I also agree he shouldn't have been thrown out as a proponent of keep physical play in the game.....but as far as what they have thrown so many out for then under those metrics he should've been thrown out

I meant "beautifully applied" as in he didn't lead with his helmet or go for his head or legs. As far as the hit and action, he hit him hard and perfectly within the rules, with the major exception of being late. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Our own King Dunlap had some interesting insight on the play. 

LANGUAGE WARNING 

tmp.gif

Primetime looking good in his sweatpants and gold chains against Oregon today. He has his team so well coached up to play the Ducks. I’m sure he would dominate SEC play.

You'd be ecstatic lol. Freeze needs patience while you beat your chest that Sanders don't beat Oregon with one of the worse rosters lol. Same ol same ol. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

21-0 Prime Time

27 - 10 TAMU.

Those in glass houses ...

You have a circus act out there with the gold chains, 1970’s ghetto sunglasses and sweatpants and you’re talking about someone’s confederate flag profile pic. Same old, same old.