steaming pantload Jim Jordan wastes everyone’s time on another idiotic hearing

aubiefifty

steaming pantload Jim Jordan wastes everyone’s time on another idiotic hearing

that pesky, elusive evidence. it’s always somewhere just out of reach.

Jeff Tiedrich

Sep 21

the clock is ticking. every passing minute brings us closer to October 1, when the U.S. government will shut down if a budget deal can’t be reached.

all hands should be focused on breaking the deadlock between the imbecile wing and the idiot wing of the House GOP.

if you expected shouty half-dressed degenerate wrestling coach Jim Jordan to have rolled up his famous shirtsleeves and pitched in to help, you would be wrong.

no sir, what that useless waste of oxygen did yesterday was to hold another one of his stupid pointless hearings.

Upgrade to paid

these charades always follow the same template: Jordan huffs and puffs and waves his arms and shouts and points his fingers and makes wild allegations that have no bearing on reality, and then when it’s the Democrats’ turn to speak, they totally demolish everything that just came out of Gym’s mouth — because Jordan is a gibbering loon, and the Dems come packed with actual facts.

the victim of yesterday’s hearing was Attorney General Merrick Garland.

Republicans are super pissed off at Garland for any number of inane and imaginary reasons, but the focus of their anger yesterday was the ludicrous notion that Garland’s DOJ has been too easy on the president’s son.

that’s right — Jimmy Jay and his motley horde would have you believe that Merrick Garland is giving a free pass to Hunter Biden — the guy who is currently being nailed to the wall for a minor (and possibly unconstitutional) gun-related charge that is almost never prosecuted.

and so Jim & Co. went through the whole shouty fingerpoint kabuki once more, making all kinds of wild allegations. there’s one thing they didn’t bring to the table, though: evidence.

“The fix is in,” Jordan said. “Even with the face-saving indictment last week of Hunter Biden, everyone knows the fix is in.”

But neither Mr. Jordan nor the handful of other pro-Trump Republicans who made the same point, provided concrete proof for their claim — or elicited responses from the attorney general that backed up those conclusions.

evidence. that pesky, elusive evidence. it’s always somewhere just out of reach.

meanwhile, Democratic Rep. Eric Swalwell wasted no time calling out Jimmy Jords on his hypocritical bull****, reminding everyone that Jordan has now gone about 500 days without honoring his own subpoena.

“Mister Attorney General, my colleague just said that you should be held in contempt of Congress, and that is quite rich, because the guy who is leaving the hearing room right now, Mr. Jordan, is about 500 days into evading his subpoena — about 500 days. so if we’re going to talk about contempt of Congress, let’s get real.

“I mean, are you serious that Jim Jordan — a witness to one of the greatest crimes ever committed in America — a crime where more prosecutions have occurred than any crime committed in America — refuses to help his country, and we’re going to get lectured about subpoena compliance and contempt of Congress? Jim Jordan won’t even honor a lawful subpoena — are you kidding me? are you kidding me? there’s no credibility on that side.

“Mr. Attorney General, you are serious. they are not. you are decent. they are not. you are fair. they are not. so I welcome you to the law firm of Insurrection LLP, where they work every single day on behalf of one client: Donald Trump. and they do that at the expense of millions of Americans who need the government to stay open, who want their kids safe in their schools, and would like to see Ukraine stay in the fight, so that we don’t help Russia.

“it’s the difference between one side that believes in governing, and one side that believes in ruling.”

**** YES, every word of this. thank you, Eric Swalwell.

everyone is entitled to my own opinion is a reader-supported publication. To receive new posts and support my work, consider becoming a free or paid subscriber.

• Like 1

this is you repubs...............

it’s the difference between one side that believes in governing, and one side that believes in ruling.”