The impeachment that should be happening

TexasTiger

the repukes seldom if ever hold their own accountable while chasing down dems over mostly bogus bullcrap. this is what they call entitled.

• Facepalm 1

• TexasTiger changed the title to The impeachment that should be happening
On 9/21/2023 at 7:43 AM, aubiefifty said:

the repukes seldom if ever hold their own accountable while chasing down dems over mostly bogus bullcrap. this is what they call entitled.

Damn Fifty. When you go after something it’s mildly terrifying😋

1 hour ago, Auburn85 said:

At least Menendez dresses appropriately in the Senate. 🤑

I'd rather him wear a Hugh Hefner like robe every day than be a self serving snake.

On 9/21/2023 at 6:43 AM, aubiefifty said:

Menendez was not acquitted he had a hung jury. Different thing. Acquittted means found innocent. Hung jury could mean one juror was influenced or just didn't buy the prosecutor's view.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/22/nyregion/who-is-robert-menendez.html#:~:text=A nine-week trial in,a largely unknown Democratic challenger.

Now, new charges that are of course "unproven" like how the $500K in cash got into his house, etc etc etc. But we all know that this will be explained if we all just go mindless and believe the talking points. Silly facts! We have talking points....

https://www.npr.org/2023/09/23/1201306900/sen-bob-menendez-indicted-on-corruption-charges-in-new-jersey

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/21/2023 at 12:58 PM, AU9377 said:

Wasn't he acquitted of something similar just a few years ago? 

Not acquitted.   Hung jury.  Prosecutor decided not to try a second time 

• Like 1

For purposes of the Federal Extortion Act, it makes no difference if the senator took an official act so long as he accepted the money and there was knowledge the money was in exchange for that official influence, even if he never carried out what he had promised he would do," NBC Legal Analyst Danny Cevallos said.

Interesting, will this standard apply to Hunter?

• Facepalm 1

32 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Read up on him. Once again never voted for a democrat. This guy and wife are sleaze bags unless everything we see is fake news. 

3 hours ago, aubaseball said:

....and the jerk kept right on stuffing his pockets..  I hope they nail him and his trashy wife too.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2023 at 7:04 PM, auburnatl1 said:

Damn Fifty. When you go after something it’s mildly terrifying😋

i assure you i am harmless. i am blunt and to the point. but i could break bread with pretty much everyone on here. i argue hard tho i have calmed down. ol bob is a dem from what i read and i wish they would lock his azz up. i am sick of both sides enriching themselves and leaving this country in shambles. but hey we got halloween coming up. for five hundred dollars i will come to your house and scare the crap out of yours and the neighborhoods kids...................grins

• Haha 1

Bob Menedez needs to step down and, to be tried, convicted, sentenced along with those who are buying him. 

I have heard several Democrats say the evidence against him is overwhelming. 

15 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

For purposes of the Federal Extortion Act, it makes no difference if the senator took an official act so long as he accepted the money and there was knowledge the money was in exchange for that official influence, even if he never carried out what he had promised he would do," NBC Legal Analyst Danny Cevallos said.

Interesting, will this standard apply to Hunter?

Yes, Hunter should resign from the Senate immediately.

• Haha 1

Is anyone keeping a running Excel punch list of everyone who needs to be impeached? It feels like all elected officials do anymore to try to throw other elected officials out. I get that it matters but is anyone actually working on the boring stuff like resolving the imminent social security collapse?

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

Is anyone keeping a running Excel punch list of everyone who needs to be impeached? It feels like all elected officials do anymore to try to throw other elected officials out. I get that it matters but is anyone actually working on the boring stuff like resolving the imminent social security collapse?

Probably not, but there’s no reason actual criminals can’t be impeached while solving problems. The Republican House can’t even chew gum and walk at the same time. Obsessed with Trump’s dictates to both impeach and shut down government. Just think what they might do if he told them to solve an actual problem? But alas, he’s incapable. And yet they’re idiots who would vote for him AGAIN.

26 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Probably not, but there’s no reason actual criminals can’t be impeached while solving problems. The Republican House can’t even chew gum and walk at the same time. Obsessed with Trump’s dictates to both impeach and shut down government. Just think what they might do if he told them to solve an actual problem? But alas, he’s incapable. And yet they’re idiots who would vote for him AGAIN.

We agree. But why dems are getting pulverized as well is no one even talks about the real existential problems.  Just never ending transgender Issues, impeachments, woke teachers, ect. As for border integrity, education quality, the deficit - not so much.The bottom line is I want a grown up who at least has the courage to tackle the heart attacks, not just warts and Botox. Plus the 2 bumblehead options we currently have only have 4 yrs left they can serve - if they live that long. Everything they do will be undone.

What I like about Halley  is she’s bringing this stuff up - even if I don’t agree with her, she’ll “go there”. I think everyone should watch the Republican debate because unless there’s 3rd party or Biden is kidnapped by aliens - they’re the only possible options left.

Edited by auburnatl1