The Harsin Effect

ScotsAU

22 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

How many 5*s did TAMU bring to Jordan Hare last year that left with a L from a broken Auburn team? 

I’m not saying we will win, but having 5*s has not been a good measure of success with Texas A&M under Jimbo.  They still need to be coached, and he’s managed to do less with more than any other coach in the SEC. 

We weren't making excuses for losing before the game last year.  CHF is whining about the disparity in talent and making excuses before the first lick has passed.  Cadillac had them believing they would win the game prior to kickoff not making excuses to prepare the public for the loss.   

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, KillenTime said:

We weren't making excuses for losing before the game last year.  CHF is whining about the disparity in talent and making excuses before the first lick has passed.  Cadillac had them believing they would win the game prior to kickoff not making excuses to prepare the public for the loss.   

There is nothing “whining” about stating fact….that we are heading into a season playing some teams that have been stacking talent for years, and we were depleted.  

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 5

On 9/19/2023 at 4:08 PM, BJCrawford said:

There’s an article on Al.com that indicates A & M with 14 5 stars and us zero on the field Saturday. Freeze, nor the mighty Nick Saban, could likely pull off the magic needed for that type of disparity.   I truly hope that fans and the ptb give Freeze the time he needs. We always say we will but reading the game threads says otherwise from some.

PS doesn’t mean I don’t think we can pull off the upset Sat!!!

TAMU still has 3* Coaching... 

AU 17 TAMU 13

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

TAMU still has 3* Coaching... 

AU 17 TAMU 13

Petrino is not a 3-star coach. The guy has won more than he’s lost at every college he’s been an OC or HC. At ARK and Louisville, he set single season win totals that will likely never be topped in our lifetimes.

Edited by Viper

2 hours ago, KillenTime said:

Cadillac and the players did an amazing job. And TAMU had a lot of top shelf players miss the game due to injures including their best player Achane. CHF isn’t whining. He’s stating fact. Their roster is significantly more talented than us. Doesn’t mean we can’t beat them. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Petrino is not a 3-star coach. The guy has won more than he’s lost at every college he’s been an OC or HC. At ARK and Louisville, he set single season win totals that will likely never be topped in our lifetimes.

It's been 16 years since he ended his first stint at Louisville and over a decade since he coached at Arkansas. He was fired from Louisville in 2018 after the team went 2-10(Lamar Jackson was the only reason he was successful in the couple years before that) . He then went to Missouri St, where he went 5-4, 8-5, and then 5-6. I'm not putting his old ass on a pedestal these days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mb711 said:

It's been 16 years since he ended his first stint at Louisville and over a decade since he coached at Arkansas. He was fired from Louisville in 2018 after the team went 2-10(Lamar Jackson was the only reason he was successful in the couple years before that) . He then went to Missouri St, where he went 5-4, 8-5, and then 5-6. I'm not putting his old ass on a pedestal these days.

True. What also is true is he hasn't been able to designate all of his focus to being just an OC since 2002...in Auburn, AL.

What also is true is A&M is averaging 21.25 PPG more than they did last season.

His old ass can still make and call a good offensive gameplan and now doesn't have all of the other responsibilities of a HC.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Viper said:

That's like saying you are the best coach at UNA. He is three-star at best. He has his moments, yes he does. But he also no longer works for either of the two schools mentioned. Wonder why?

8 hours ago, Viper said:

True. What also is true is he hasn't been able to designate all of his focus to being just an OC since 2002...in Auburn, AL.

What also is true is A&M is averaging 21.25 PPG more than they did last season.

His old ass can still make and call a good offensive gameplan and now doesn't have all of the other responsibilities of a HC.

We are up 15 PPG over last year on Offense as well, just to put things into perspective.

Plus, we are only giving up 12 ppg this year as opposed to 30 ppg last year.  

The only team they played with a pulse they lost to, even with their increased O production.  He may wipe the floor with us but I just don't see it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

That's like saying you are the best coach at UNA. He is three-star at best. He has his moments, yes he does. But he also no longer works for either of the two schools mentioned. Wonder why?

Because he moved up both times. He could have retired at ARK had he wanted and they’d still be relevant.

His offense at A&M has nearly doubled its PPG over last season.

Everywhere he’s been, his offense improves over the previous staff. 

11 minutes ago, BornAU76 said:

We are up 15 PPG over last year on Offense as well, just to put things into perspective.

More than Bobo? Shocker. 

12 minutes ago, BornAU76 said:

The only team they played with a pulse they lost to, even with their increased O production.  He may wipe the floor with us but I just don't see it.

Last I checked, Petrino doesn’t coach defense. He did his part with 33 points, which is 19 more points than our offense did against the only team we’ve played with a pulse.

Petrino flamed out at Louisville and wasn't exactly spectacular at Missouri State.  There's a big question mark next to his name, but I'll bet he'll get more out of the talent at A&M then Jimbo every would.

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Because he moved up both times. He could have retired at ARK had he wanted and they’d still be relevant.

His offense at A&M has nearly doubled its PPG over last season.

Everywhere he’s been, his offense improves over the previous staff. 

yea, 2X Nothin is still nothing...

1 hour ago, The Freak said:

Petrino flamed out at Louisville and wasn't exactly spectacular at Missouri State.  There's a big question mark next to his name, but I'll bet he'll get more out of the talent at A&M then Jimbo every would.

Already has. 21.25 PPG more. 

19 hours ago, KillenTime said:

i believe he was just being truthful. he tells it like it is in all things and you single one statement out and call him whining? freeze will have them fired up as well. are you a freeze hater? just curious because you sure sound like it.

16 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Cadillac and the players did an amazing job. And TAMU had a lot of top shelf players miss the game due to injures including their best player Achane. CHF isn’t whining. He’s stating fact. Their roster is significantly more talented than us. Doesn’t mean we can’t beat them. 

Making excuses for losing before the game is whining in my opinion.  Crying about traveling to California and his team came out flat.  If you lose then you can say they were more talented than us this year and we are working hard to catch them.  No reason to say the next four team are more talented and diss your players like that before the competition.  Hate it. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i believe he was just being truthful. he tells it like it is in all things and you single one statement out and call him whining? freeze will have them fired up as well. are you a freeze hater? just curious because you sure sound like it.

No I'm not a Freeze hater, but I don't like making excuses for losing before the game is played.  I didn't like him whining about traveling to California either.  Just man up and play.  Save the excuses for after the game.  No reason to lose the team and create doubt before you even play.  Just bad leadership in my opinion.  

• Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, KillenTime said:

No I'm not a Freeze hater, but I don't like making excuses for losing before the game is played.  I didn't like him whining about traveling to California either.  Just man up and play.  Save the excuses for after the game.  No reason to lose the team and create doubt before you even play.  Just bad leadership in my opinion.  

he is trying to keep the team together in case we fail miserably is how i see it. some losses can destroy a season so i think he is just coaching. freeze is not afraid to play anyone and he proved that at liberty.

• Like 1

Even with a talent disparity I think everyone would be picking Auburn if the offense had shown a pulse against Cal.  To a point, in college it’s all about Qb play and attitude.  Bama has shown without a Qb it doesn’t matter how many 5*s you have.  Colorado has shown what attitude and belief can get you.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

he is trying to keep the team together in case we fail miserably is how i see it. some losses can destroy a season so i think he is just coaching. freeze is not afraid to play anyone and he proved that at liberty.

He is making sure the fans that don't follow the roster closely knows we are outmanned so if we lose the blame can be placed on the lack of talent and not him.  He is already easing the fanbase down before the game is played.  Then if we win he is a hero and coached a team up with less talent.  

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, KillenTime said:

He is making sure the fans that don't follow the roster closely knows we are outmanned so if we lose the blame can be placed on the lack of talent and not him.  He is already easing the fanbase down before the game is played.  Then if we win he is a hero and coached a team up with less talent.  

do you listen to his pressers? he admits mistakes all the time. he has said he and the other coaches need to do a better job. he is not lying for gods sake. i do not understand but we will not agree so i am done. but thanx for replying.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, KillenTime said:

I don’t know why you guys think coaches say the same thing to the players that they do to fans/media lol. Hugh literally played down the Cal RB’s comments in his post game presser and then right after, Asante (I believe it was him or another defender) said Freeze referenced the comments to the defense in practice to get them hyped. 

Those pressers mean less than nothing for the most part 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

do you listen to his pressers? he admits mistakes all the time. he has said he and the other coaches need to do a better job. he is not lying for gods sake. i do not understand but we will not agree so i am done. but thanx for replying.

Never said he was lying.  Whining yes, lying no.