2025 softball recruiting

blakem

3 hours ago, Jad0003 said:

Sars and both Morici sisters play for one of Team Italy’s teams, so I imagine Carosone had a hand in their recruitment too. 

I think Sars primary position is catcher, so I am not surprised to see us drop one since we also have Godfrey committed in the 2025 class, plus Roberts, Elkins, and Brockman all still have eligibility in 2026. 

Assuming no transfers out, we will have a lot of corner infielders and outfielders in 2026, so we will likely need MIFs via the portal or new commitments. It surprises me we lost Morici with this need and the high ranking of her sister, but I think (and hope) the Malveaux’s will have a plan in place. 

I imagine they only kept Brit Godfrey because of her sister. Although, I worry how both will fare in the SEC. The 2025 Godfrey was 2nd Team in 6A (with Troy, UAB, and Samford commits ahead of her) and has failed to make the PGF Regional Finalist List (top 140 players) each of the last two seasons. I’m just not sure they’re cut out for the SEC, having watched them play plenty of times as well. Sars, Morici, Butler, nor Wilson made the cut either for the PGF Finalist List. Meaning, their achievements in high school did not translate as well in travel ball. This 2025 class is looking rough compared to the majority of the SEC. 

Here’s a few notes as well: 

Ava Ratliff is a recent South Carolina decommit who is highly touted. She’s also a catcher/corner. 

LHP Mallie West is a recent Lousiana-Lafayette decommit. 

Chloe Aldrich is a lefty outfielder and recent Texas Tech decommit. 

Kaylee Grace Favors is from Orange Beach, AL (teammates with Auburn commit Daigle Wilson) and is still committed to South Carolina, but I think is worthy of a call from the Malveaux’s. (She did not visit Auburn under Dean). 

Ally Supan is an uncommitted 2025 and recently won 7A Hitter of the Year with Central Phenix City. 

• Like 1

I’ve never seen any of the 2025 class play, so I can only make judgements on what I’ve read. 

Aumua seems to be the star of the class with the highest ranking. I’ll be interested to see how she develops under Malveaux as she has a lot of power. 

Loustari seems to have flown under the radar, but she is now on Bill Conroy’s Beverly Bandit’s team, which is one of the top teams in the country. She is also a power hitter, so I’m excited to see what Malveaux can do.

I think Wilson was injured late in the school season, but her Orange Beach team won the state title. She is very fast and “untapped power” as her EIS ranking pointed out, and I expect Malveaux will be able to pull it out of her. I hope she can be a Makayla Packer type player pre-injury. 

Butler also seems to be a late bloomer. She’s pitched at the 18U level for her Tampa Mustangs Rene team since her sophomore year. Her mom is her pitching coach. I trust Dean on his ability to identify pitching talent, and I think Ryker will develop her  

This class might not be the highest ranked, but I do think there is potential there. I think the Malveauxs also see potential in these four since they are all still committed when others are not. I am hopeful we are able to pick up a few more players in the 2025 class. The South Carolina, Louisiana, and Texas Tech coaching changes present opportunities as WDE1976 pointed out, and I’ll be interested to see if we can move on any of those players or others mentioned. 

• Like 3

I may be in the minority, but I believe there is some good potential for our offense next year. I don’t think they’ll be Oklahoma by any means but I think that if they buy in that they’ll improve a great deal. Pitching is obviously the biggest issue just due to the lack of experience. I think that Ryker’s staff approach will certainly help them this season and build depth for the future.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, blakem said:

I may be in the minority, but I believe there is some good potential for our offense next year. I don’t think they’ll be Oklahoma by any means but I think that if they buy in that they’ll improve a great deal. Pitching is obviously the biggest issue just due to the lack of experience. I think that Ryker’s staff approach will certainly help them this season and build depth for the future.

I don’t see how our offense could get  worse compared to last year. I would feel a lot better if the Malveaux’s would’ve picked up some experience in the portal, but I digress. I think we are in for a very rough year. It’s apparent that the coaches are focusing their attention on what the program will look like in 2-3 years and not as worried about how the team will do this year. It breaks my heart for the 8 seniors, but I think this will be a “throw away” year. 

I also think there is offensive talent on the roster. Peralta, McCrary, and Lech have hit double digit HRs in a season at Auburn. Peralta, McCrary, and Wohlers have hit above .300 in a season at Auburn. McCrary and Tresvik have both improved their averages by nearly 50 points in a season at Auburn. Roach was hitting around .350 prior to her concussion. 

There are other players on the roster who are capable, but they need to put it together. Additionally, both Annalea and Jolie Adams are highly rated, and I expect at least one of them to start. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jad0003 said:

I also think there is offensive talent on the roster. Peralta, McCrary, and Lech have hit double digit HRs in a season at Auburn. Peralta, McCrary, and Wohlers have hit above .300 in a season at Auburn. McCrary and Tresvik have both improved their averages by nearly 50 points in a season at Auburn. Roach was hitting around .350 prior to her concussion. 

There are other players on the roster who are capable, but they need to put it together. Additionally, both Annalea and Jolie Adams are highly rated, and I expect at least one of them to start. 

I don’t see a world where Jolie Adams doesn’t log a whole bunch of starts in the outfield. Our outfield depth is extremely shallow. McCrary, Tresvik, Smith and Adams are the only ones listed on the roster. Another reason I was skeptical of the portal pickups this offseason. I’m sure Womack could play outfield but she’s primarily played 3B all of her career (As has AnnaLea Adams). 

Will also be interesting to see who will play catcher (since we have like 5 of them). Our lack of options in the middle infield also makes me wonder if Axe will get some time at 2B (she played SS in high school). Or if Wohlers/AnnaLea will give second base a try. 

• Like 1

I know the Malveaux’s are focusing on what the program looks like 3 years from now, but I just don’t understand passing on Lair Beautae in the transfer portal (she committed to Ole Miss today). She’s an SEC-experienced 2B who had a great relationship with the Malveaux’s. In the press conference, they said they’re “looking for experience.” But we haven’t picked up a portal commit with experience yet?? Just so frustrating…

Sam Landry committed to Oklahoma today. From what I heard, she was the last transfer prospect that Ryker and staff had interest in. That’s the second pitcher OU has taken. The other was Bella Smith, who Auburn also had interest in. 

Cera Blanchard (SELA) is still on the market, but I don’t believe we’ve contacted her. Bummer. 

It is likely that our current roster of 22 is what the team will look like next season. Gonna need a lot of players to step up this offseason. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm🤨 who did we get? 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Hmmm🤨 who did we get? 

could be a D2 transfer from Huntsville. Another catcher.  

hoping for a pitcher though. 

19 hours ago, WDE1976 said:

could be a D2 transfer from Huntsville. Another catcher.  

hoping for a pitcher though. 

Update: I don’t want to jinx anything but this could be our biggest pickup yet. That’s all I’ll say. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

2025 Haven Roebuck announced her commitment to Auburn. She’s a Middle Infielder (not ranked in EIS 100). 

i’m hoping this wasn’t what the cryptic tweets the coaches were referring to because it would be extremely underwhelming considering that there was a certain portal pitcher that Auburn was contending for. 

On 8/6/2024 at 6:18 PM, WDE1976 said:

2025 Haven Roebuck announced her commitment to Auburn. She’s a Middle Infielder (not ranked in EIS 100). 

i’m hoping this wasn’t what the cryptic tweets the coaches were referring to because it would be extremely underwhelming considering that there was a certain portal pitcher that Auburn was contending for. 

So what about the portal pitcher? Has she announced she's going somewhere else?

@WDE1976Any idea if there would be interest in Haley Hart from Spanish Fort?  She plays SS, hits for avg and was 2nd team(?) all state 6A as junior last year.  She hated Dean, as I have mentioned on here before.   I think she’s committed to ULL but unsure if staying since their coach left. 

Edited by TigerPAC

1 hour ago, all4AU said:

So what about the portal pitcher? Has she announced she's going somewhere else?

WE GOT HER! Haley Rainey from Cal State Fullerton. Tremendous upside and Big west pitcher of the year! Big get for the Malveaux’s and I am usually a stickler lol. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, WDE1976 said:

WE GOT HER! Haley Rainey from Cal State Fullerton. Tremendous upside and Big west pitcher of the year! Big get for the Malveaux’s and I am usually a stickler lol. 

That is a huge get from the portal! Spending her senior year on the Plains, and she had wins over MIss St and Stanford in regionals last year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, all4AU said:

That is a huge get from the portal! Spending her senior year on the Plains, and she had wins over MIss St and Stanford in regionals last year. 

It’s major! I feel better about the pitching staff now. Can’t wait to see Rolfe and Tamborra improve under Ryker. Rainey pitched really well over Stanford, Miss State (2x), Cal, Missouri, Michigan and Nebraska. Still need the offense to step up, but I hope this puts some eyes on Auburn. 

from what I hear, she chose us over Stanford, Cal, South Carolina, Ole Miss and Alabama😏

• Like 3

Really nice get! She should definitely help us. I was hoping it was one of the two Fullerton pitchers when you brought it up the other day. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

@WDE1976Any idea if there would be interest in Haley Hart from Spanish Fort?  She plays SS, hits for avg and was 2nd team(?) all state 6A as junior last year.  She hated Dean, as I have mentioned on here before.   I think she’s committed to ULL but unsure if staying since their coach left. 

I would love to get other opinions on this…

In football/basketball you see guys flipping all the time. But in softball you hardly see it? Is it just frowned upon to try and flip a commit who hasn’t yet signed? 

In my opinion, Haley Hart would have been a bigger pickup than Roebuck. But are head coaches discouraged from recruiting a committed kid? 

i think the same situation applies to Kaylee Grace Favors  

Kaylee Grace Favors is from Orange Beach and one of the top in the 2025 class, but she’s committed to South Carolina (never visited Auburn under Dean)…I would just love to know if the Malveaux’s are at least reaching out to committed kids in the 25 class.

Ava Ratliff is (in my opinion) the best uncommitted kid out of the 2025 class…so I was bummed that it wasn’t her. She also did not visit under Dean. 

• Like 1

I like how the Malveauxs evaluated Dean’s 2025 class, kept a few key pieces, adjusted where necessary, and picked up additional recruits. Hopefully we can pick up an another big-time player or two in the 2025 class and land a big 2026 class.

Aumua: Top 10 player in the country who I think the Makveauxs will be able to utilize her power early and often. 

Luostari: The Malveauxs should be able to build on her recent emergence as she played for Conroy’s 18U Bandits Team this year after hitting over .500 at PFG as a sophomore. 

Ratliff: The Malveauxs have to be excited about her commitment as she is a Top 10 player who committed yesterday known for her power and currently holds homerun record for state of Indiana as a junior.

Wilson: Fast player with a lot of untapped power potential, which I think the Malveauxs will be able to pull out of her. I think she could be a Makayla Packer type player. 

Butler: I trust Dean’s ability to recruit pitchers, and I think the fact she’s still committed demonstrates Ryker’s confidence in her abilities too. Her mom was also a legendary pitcher for UCLA and is her pitching coach, so I only expect her to get better and better.

I don’t know much about Godfrey or newly committed Roebuck. 

Edited by Jad0003
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

September 1st is tomorrow, so coaches will be reaching formally out to 2026 players for the first time. Does anyone have any insight into who we will go after?

Ava Hodo is one of the top players in the class and is high schools and travel ball teammates with 2025 commit Diagoe Wilson. I imagine every program in the country will be after her though. 

I haven’t followed in-state recruits or recruiting in general for the 2026 class. 

5 hours ago, Jad0003 said:

September 1st is tomorrow, so coaches will be reaching formally out to 2026 players for the first time. Does anyone have any insight into who we will go after?

Ava Hodo is one of the top players in the class and is high schools and travel ball teammates with 2025 commit Diagoe Wilson. I imagine every program in the country will be after her though. 

I haven’t followed in-state recruits or recruiting in general for the 2026 class. 

The trio of Orange Beach players are Katie King, Teagan Revette and Ava Hodo are all very good. Shayla Bahr is a OF and top-10 commit that I heard grew up an Auburn fan, she’s from GA. Bella Maria is another interesting name to watch for, an OF from Jersey allegedly loved her camp experience (#12 overall recruit). Aubrey Moore and Leah Byrd from Tamborra’s Athletics team are two names. There are just so many recruits it’s hard to know where the coaches will begin. In terms of pitching, i think the best that Auburn stands a chance for are likely Ava Lorenzatti and Maggie Krause (Jada Savage is from AL, but I believe to be unlikely). 

I would argue Revette and Maria are two likely possibilities, i just hope the Malveaux’s reach out to them. 

(take everything i said with a grain of salt!!). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3