2025 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

14 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

Anyone know if Caleb Cunningham was there? He had a quote about not seeing anything that he was looking for from Auburn.

I think most of our fan base would agree with him at this point…and he’s not wrong. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tigger1985 said:

Anyone know if Caleb Cunningham was there? He had a quote about not seeing anything that he was looking for from Auburn. I guess he was talking about money

Could be money, play on the field, or anything else Auburn football related.  Same as Ryan Williams last year.  Anyone think he regrets his decision to stick with bama?

• Like 2

On 9/21/2024 at 6:13 PM, tinman1 said:

I agree with you about portal QB. We've got to have one.  My fear is as we continue to perform on the field like we have in 2 of our 4 games (sh*tty to put it mildly) we will lose a few of our committed recruits.  Hugh and company have been less than inspiring.

@tinman1Supposedly our commits saw this coming & are fully on board with the long term AU plan FWIW.

• Like 2

On 9/21/2024 at 4:20 PM, AUwent said:

So hungry…for…portal QB…

I don’t think the planets are going to align for a championship run until 2027 (2026 is even year after all) but you’re going to actually have to show some progress between now and then, and I don’t feel confident in that without getting one, which there’s almost no way isn’t going to be priority #1.

OK Went. This is hard for me, cause I'm easily bored and detest one trick pony posters most of the time. Hell, I can agree with them for a bit, and then argue just because they don't have but one take and it gets old to me. But after 4 games this year, you were right about one thing. We would be a much better team with Pavia at QB than we are now. You were right, I was wrong. I stand corrected. 

Edited by JuscAUse!
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, nthemix said:

Fegans supposedly visiting Tuscaloosa in October?  The whole class could evaporate pretty quickly if there isn't some improvement on the field from both play & coaching

@nthemixI posted this in another thread yesterday FWIW.

21 hours ago, ellitor said:

Maybe 1 or 2 but the recruits are fully aware about how bad our current roster is & knew about it for a good while before the rest of us did, yet for the most part, they are completely bought in to the long term plan AU has in place no matter how this season plays out. This season's results are believed to not have much of an affect on this class.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Reminds me of the 2009 recruiting class.  We had an awful 2008 season, but got in a surprisingly good 2009 class in chizick's 1st year, and then we got the 1 piece to the puzzle that was missing in Cam in 2010 and won a Natty.

We have a whole bunch of Negative Nancies & Debbie Downers on this board.

Our program was left in ashes by Harsin, leaving Freeze to start with nothing & build.  It took time to get where it was after 2022, and it's going to take time to build back up.  People just are not willing to realize that & want results right now.

I choose to let Freeze get us another Top 10 class in here to go along with the 8th ranked class from '24 & next year is when I expect to see vast improvements. If we come out next year & look like a clown show, then I will start to question HF.  It's just too soon right now to discard the man.

Also E. I want to personally thank you for hanging around on this board.  I know the other Mods mainly communicate on The Nest, and I don't blame them.  But some of us struggle financially and don't have the extra money to pour into a site like this. So I really appreciate you coming back down and communicating with the common folk.🙂

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

People just are not willing to realize that & want results right now

That is crap. Most posters just want steady improvement. Harsin blame is low hanging fruit. If Freeze win’s the games we are suppose to win , you would see a lot less issue among the fans. Some of y’all just want to excuse inexplicable losses.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Thx for the input, Josh Pate said pretty much the same thing yesterday. I would hope then that next year the roster will be seen as “decent” (aka capable of at least seven RS wins)?

(Of course, that seemed to be the expectation from most insiders this year too. : / )

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

On 9/22/2024 at 8:31 PM, Tigger1985 said:

Anyone know if Caleb Cunningham was there? He had a quote about not seeing anything that he was looking for from Auburn. I guess he was talking about money

Brother, you watched the same game as him and thought NIL was what was missing? lol