2025 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

Intel and solid deadlines have slowly dwindled the last couple weeks. Theres only so much you can discuss about players’ post visit thoughts 

and honestly good or bad, when real football is on, that should take precedence discussion wise over crooting. Games gotta matter 

1 hour ago, War to the Eagle said:

Wow. It's crazy how recruiting has gone from everyone's favorite topic to crickets.

It's not crickets. Outside of Deuce, most recruiting talk is happening in The Nest. Not saying there is secret interesting stuff being talked about there. Just saying that's where most are talking who used to talk on the non donation side of the site.

22 hours ago, ellitor said:

It's not crickets. Outside of Deuce, most recruiting talk is happening in The Nest. Not saying there is secret interesting stuff being talked about there. Just saying that's where most are talking who used to talk on the non donation side of the site.

Ok, I've been around for a minute, and I have never asked but have always wondered: what is the Nest?

Edited by War to the Eagle

21 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Ok, I've been around for a minute, and I have never asked but have always wondered: what is the Nest?

It's the donors area of the website.

• Like 1

OL recruiting is the one area that is still the weakest link. I don’t see anyone committed that can come in and contribute immediately next year. Babalola would even be a stretch to come in and start as a freshman.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s definitely an improvement from year’s past, but these guys will take time to develop.

I really wish we would’ve continued to pursue Josh Petty. He stated back in the Spring that he grew up an Auburn fan. He’s a Ga Tech commit, so you never know what can happen if they struggle the rest of the year. 

1 hour ago, blake0728 said:

OL recruiting is the one area that is still the weakest link

@blake07285 commits, 2 of which are 4*s does not mean the group is a weak link in the class.

I don’t see anyone committed that can come in and contribute immediately next year

Shull could if he develops well. Regardless, 90-95% true freshmen in the country will not be ready to contribute year 1 on a P4 level.

I really wish we would’ve continued to pursue Josh Petty. He stated back in the Spring that he grew up an Auburn fan. He’s a Ga Tech commit, so you never know what can happen if they struggle the rest of the year. 

Well there was a disconnect somwhere then. We didn't stop pursuing Petty. He or his fam didn't show AU interest as his recruitment was winding down.

As for 2025 starters, we will hit the portal again to fill needs.

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2024 at 7:02 AM, AUBigCat said:

It's there a list of visitors for this weekend? 

17 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

We got anyone visiting today?

@AUBigCat @Hank2020 Here is who was expected yesterday...

OFFICIAL VISITORS

5-star DL Malik Autry | Opelika, Ala. | Auburn commit

4-star DL Jourdin Crawford | Parker, Ala. | Auburn commit

2025 VISITORS

4-star RB Ousmane Kromah | Lee County, Ga.

4-star ATH Dalen Penson | Sandy Creek, Ga. | Georgia Tech commit

3-star DL Christian Ingram | Newton, Ga.

CB Noah Francis | IMG Academy, Fla.

AUBURN COMMITS

4-star LB Elijah Melendez | Osceola, Fla.

4-star S Anquon Fegans | Thompson, Ala.

4-star OT Tavaris Dice | Langston Hughes, Ga.

4-star RB Alvin Henderson | Elba, Ala.

4-star EDGE/LB JJ Faulk | Highland Home, Ala.

3-star TE Ryan Ghea | Milton, Ga.

3-star TE Hollis Davidson | McIntosh, Ga.

2026 4-star LB Shadarius Toodle | Cottage Hill Christian Academy, Ala.

2026 4-star LB JaMichael Garrett | Gulf Shores, Ala.

2026 4-star IOL Kail Ellis | Cass, Ga.

2026 VISITORS

5-star LB Tyler Atkinson | Grayson, Ga.

4-star DL Bryce Perry-Wright | Buford, Ga.

4-star WR Marquez Daniel | Booker T. Washington, Ala.

3-star WR Kentrell Davis | Parker, Ala.

3-star QB D.J. Bordeaux | Douglas County, Ga.

CB Jalen Williams | Kell, Ga.

WR Kahden Smith | Hillcrest, Ala.

2027 VISITORS

4-star OT Joshua Sam Epelle | Douglas County, Ga.

4-star EDGE Jabarrius Garror | Vigor, Ala. | Alabama commit

CB Rilee Drew | Grayson, Ga.

RB Quinterrius Gipson | Kell, Ga.

ATH Ethan Hauser | Buford, Ga.

LB Max Brown | Jefferson, Ga.

QB Bobby Coleman Jr. | Central, Ala.

QB Caden Jones | Crean Lutheran, Cal.

RB Jakeyveon Parker, Macon County, Ga.

DL Karlos May | Ramsay, Ala.

2028 VISITORS

QB Shamar Toodle | Cottage Hill Christian Academy, Ala.

RB Kevin Hartsfield | Newton, Ga.

CB Braylen Bedford | Vardaman, Miss.

QB Jace Grass | Pendelton, S.C.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

ProbablY impossible to actually answer but I wonder how much we have to lose with this recruiting class if our season takes an even worse turn than originally anticipated. Watching the game right now, I’m not sure how we win a SEC game. 

@WarEagleHunter1221 Barring having a losing record I think the current class sticks. Now the ceiling likely depends on if we flip Deuce or not because if we get him it helps with others.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

@WarEagleHunter1221 Barring having a losing record I think the current class sticks. Now the ceiling likely depends on if we flip Deuce or not because if we get him it helps with others.

That’s…not exactly comforting.

What caliber of TPQB can we afford if we land Deuce?

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

I wonder to what degree our level of perceived potential (by the coaches and donors) will have on the amount we spend. If it’s realistic that we could contend and not just go from 7 to 9 wins I would expect some serious investment interest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

As others have said, multiple times, we're likely going to go after an expensive transfer even if we land Deuce and Hank is good. Not sure if it'll be a top option, but even decent QB transfers seem to be expensive these days and the big donors seem to be behind Freeze. So I'd expect a decent transfer even if Hank does well because Holden may choose to transfer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, aujohnson said:

I wonder to what degree our level of perceived potential (by the coaches and donors) will have on the amount we spend. If it’s realistic that we could contend and not just go from 7 to 9 wins I would expect some serious investment interest. 

Everyone has pointed to 2025 as being the breakthrough year so yeah. Also going to need to keep the Freeze 4 around.

6 hours ago, AUwent said:

@AUwentI have told you this a number of times in a number of different ways. What we pay Deuce will not affect money for a transfer QB. Deuce will get compensated well but NIL is not his biggest priority.As I have said before, the biggest factor on what transfer QB we get depends on what Hugh is willing to pay. The money is there. Just how much is he willing to use on a QB is & has always been the biggest question.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AUwentI have told you this a number of times in a number of different ways. What we pay Deuce will not affect money for a transfer QB. Deuce will get compensated well but NIL is not his biggest priority.As I have said before, the biggest factor on what transfer QB we get depends on what Hugh is willing to pay. The money is there. Just how much is he willing to use on a QB is & has always been the biggest question.

How HB plays should impact this also.

• Like 2