2025 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

2 hours ago, EastLakeTiger said:

Hunter, Cobb, Alston

Unless some walk-ons got a scholarship, who don't really count, this is all we got.

Jackson and Battie have scholly's also I believe.

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

As of now, if we don't take Turbo then we'll be done at RB in this class.

I still think we take a transfer FWIW.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drɘxɘl said:

@drɘxɘl BB is likely done with football unfortunately & Jackson will not get meaningful carries barring a serious rash of injuries.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@drɘxɘl BB is likely done with football unfortunately & Jackson will not get meaningful carries barring a serious rash of injuries.

Jackson must really love football or a free education. Wonder what degree he is getting. He is definitely a throw back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drɘxɘl said:

Gonna go out on a limb and say Battie isn't going to play this year.  Most likely ever again.  Jackson is a walk-on who will get some carries in blowouts and that's it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EastLakeTiger said:

Hunter, Cobb, Alston

Unless some walk-ons got a scholarship, who don't really count, this is all we got.

I was counting scholarships. My bad for thinking those “other” guys don’t count. 

Is Burnette a walkon? Yes. I see he is. OK scratch one. I overcounted.

Edited by CCTAU

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

I was counting scholarships. My bad for thinking those “other” guys don’t count. 

Do you think Battie and Jackson are going to really be in the rotation for snaps this year?  Now compare that say we landed a top 10 RB like Cobb was last year?  Cobb got 33 carries to Sean Jackson's 6.

Walk-Ons provide a very important role and work hard.  Often get awarded a scholarship from it, doesn't often mean they are inline or ready for a true contributing role

6 minutes ago, EastLakeTiger said:

Do you think Battie and Jackson are going to really be in the rotation for snaps this year?  Now compare that say we landed a top 10 RB like Cobb was last year?  Cobb got 33 carries to Sean Jackson's 6.

Walk-Ons provide a very important role and work hard.  Often get awarded a scholarship from it, doesn't often mean they are inline or ready for a true contributing role

I didn’t count BB.

Jackson and Jones are Juniors. Either could step in if needed. And Jones looks to be a pretty good back. Are they top three right now? No. But they are not that far behind. 

If we do stay pat, I’d feel pretty good with Jones or Jackson at #3 next season. It’s always nice to have another stud, but depending on production of Alston and Cobb this season, I think we’d be OK. 
And then you can sell a top rated RB on just having to play second fiddle for one season. 

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

I didn’t count BB.

Jackson and Jones are Juniors. Either could step in if needed. And Jones looks to be a pretty good back. Are they top three right now? No. But they are not that far behind. 

If we do stay pat, I’d feel pretty good with Jones or Jackson at #3 next season. It’s always nice to have another stud, but depending on production of Alston and Cobb this season, I think we’d be OK. 
And then you can sell a top rated RB on just having to play second fiddle for one season. 

Jones is about to graduate or just graduated.  He's not going to be on the roster next year.  If we have two walk-ons battling out for our 3rd spot, that isn't good.  That's not an SEC depth chart.  The can get 5-10 carries in blowouts, they can't get 5-10 carries vs an SEC team.

The 1-2 HS kids and and 1-2 transfers we take will be immediately above them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TigerPAC said:

Alvin Henderson next year?

@TigerPAC Yup! He would be the 3rd RB on roster.

9 hours ago, CCTAU said:

Is Burnette a walkon? Yes. I see he is. OK scratch one. I overcounted.

What about Cole Gamble? He's a PWO. Any chance he earns a scholarship? Kid looked pretty good against 6A in HS. 

19 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Any chance he earns a scholarship?

If we go to 105 schollies yes. Chance to get real PT, low.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW after flipping Marshall, we now have our best class on paper in terms of toal class points, in the past 25 years. And after we get Deuce & fill other needs it will be the best class going back to Pat Dye days. Let that sink in.

@LPTiger Now you can say it. #Shocking

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1

12 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

@War to the Eagle Even though we don't have a thread on him we have talked about him quite a bit in various threads. It's an AU- Penn St. battle & we may be trending.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW after flipping Marshall, we now have our best class on paper in terms of total class points, in the past 25 years. And after we get Deuce & fill other needs it will be the best class going back to Pat Dye days. Let that sink in.

Best class I could find for Auburn since 2010 was 281 score on 247 Sports.  286 now.  Top 3 class we would need to be at least above 300.  Top 3 class would indeed bust our previous best in recent years by a large margin.  Not sure if Dye ever signed a class "on paper" as good the potential of this year's class. 

I was disappointed in last year's performance ie NMS and Maryland, but Freeze can recruit talent and recruit coaches.  Hopefully, better athletes and development translate to more victories on the field this year.  More excitement now over Auburn football potential than I can remember since the Nick Marshall year.  That was a decade ago.              

• Like 5
  • Love 1

This may have already been mentioned and I don’t know how much you can trust these numbers but according to On3 Auburn is doing more with less NIL than anyone in the 25 & 26 class.  It’s not even close in some cases.  I’ve heard on several occasions that these numbers aren’t accurate either.  

Edited by Win4AU

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

FWIW after flipping Marshall, we now have our best class on paper in terms of toal class points, in the past 25 years. And after we get Deuce & fill other needs it will be the best class going back to Pat Dye days. Let that sink in.

What's our ceiling? Say everything falls in place... We get Deuce, Offord and flip Cunningham.  We got a path to #2?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, au1985 said:

Not sure if Dye ever signed a class "on paper" as good the potential of this year's class.

Yeah there just weren’t enough recruiting services or rankings to gauge Dye’s classes of the 80s. 

No doubt this is the best haul of DL since the Dye era from a pure numbers standpoint.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

This may have already been mentioned and I don’t know how much you can trust these numbers but according to On3 Auburn is doing more with less NIL than anyone in the 25 & 26 class.  It’s not even close in some cases.  I’ve heard on several occasions that these numbers aren’t accurate either.  

Not surprised. These are mostly in-state recruits. Plus as I previously mentioned, bowing out of the Lewis auction gets us more Jimmy’s and Joe’s.

1 minute ago, Viper said:

Yeah there just weren’t enough recruiting services or rankings to gauge Dye’s classes of the 80s. 

You are right.  All we had was Forest Davis' totally unbiased rankings.😀  (I know I'm showing my age.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

What's our ceiling? Say everything falls in place... We get Deuce, Offord and flip Cunningham.  We got a path to #2?

319.53 looks to be our ceiling, but that’s also factoring in if Grady and Roger’s are takes for the staff. That would put us 1-3 historically

• Thanks 1