2025 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Surprised we don't have a Caleb Cunningham thread but...

This guy doesn’t know what he wants. His mind is moving a million miles a minute. He should just slow down and take his time with his recruitment 

Edited by Sizzle
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

This guy doesn’t know what he wants. His mind is moving a million miles a minute. He should just slow down and take his time with his recruitment 

This is why it’s funny as hell putting stock into the insiders content. SOME of these guys actually put stock into those interview comments 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Not very smart to do if his goal his to run up his price , but what do I know. 

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

FWIW both Cole P & Clemente said yes Grady was a take for us but Scroggins and Jared Smith are the top priorities at the Edge position.

• Like 2

One thing I’ve noticed with this staff - and I’ll preface it with saying I think overall they’re fantastic recruiters - is that they’re very prone to hot and cold streaks on the trail. I don’t know exactly what that is about.

In a 24 hour span we’ve lost Zion Grady, likely are losing a one-time considered lock in Scroggins, and had Carde recommit. Add to the fact we no longer publicly lead for Cunningham.

• Like 1

I'm afraid that until there are limits set on NIL & the Transfer Portal, this is the new norm in recruiting.

Never before has there been so much Committing, Decommitting, Recommitting, and Flipping from prospective players.

I don't like it, but have grown to accept it for now.

I have firm belief that when our coaches see a player they want that they are relentless in going after them with all available resources.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

we’ve lost Zion Grady,

@AUght2win Not sure that's a loss when the staff has at least 2 taegets higher on their board. As of a few days ago the staff was/is planning to see how he develops his SR seasin before deciding if we want ti push for him or not.

2 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

I'm afraid that until there are limits set on NIL & the Transfer Portal, this is the new norm in recruiting.

Never before has there been so much Committing, Decommitting, Recommitting, and Flipping from prospective players.

I don't like it, but have grown to accept it for now.

I have firm belief that when our coaches see a player they want that they are relentless in going after them with all available resources.

Visits and publicly announcing leaders is now bonafide NIL bidding leverage. This is contract negotiating.

One quick way to at least curb some stuff is to forbid high school prospects from voicing opinions on schools or coaches, the same way coaches and official school accounts can’t comment on high school prospects.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Visits and publicly announcing leaders is now bonafide NIL bidding leverage. This is contract negotiating.

One quick way to at least curb some stuff is to forbid high school prospects from voicing opinions on schools or coaches, the same way coaches and official school accounts can’t comment on high school prospects.  

Now that's interesting. I never thought of it but ....since everyone is a professional now, why not have the same rules in recruiting? I'm not sure that the coaches would like your proposal ,but the folks that say players should be payed like coaches shouldn't mind all the employees playing by the same rules. 

Original thinking about anything is in short supply these days. Kudos.

I'm sorry, but I have not kept up with all the posts in this thread.

Is Auburn still working on WDE Zion Grady? I know he had a visit to Auburn, but he committed to Ohio State. Is Auburn still working on him?

13 hours ago, JuscAUse! said:

Now that's interesting. I never thought of it but ....since everyone is a professional now, why not have the same rules in recruiting? I'm not sure that the coaches would like your proposal ,but the folks that say players should be payed like coaches shouldn't mind all the employees playing by the same rules. 

Original thinking about anything is in short supply these days. Kudos.

Interesting idea, but it doesn't seem legal to restrict the free speech rights of recruits who haven't signed a contract with a school and therefore aren't employees yet. 

I wonder if committing to a school could involve a contract at some point, where there is an exit penalty for each side to decommit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, phillyeagle said:

Interesting idea, but it doesn't seem legal to restrict the free speech rights of recruits who haven't signed a contract with a school and therefore aren't employees yet. 

I wonder if committing to a school could involve a contract at some point, where there is an exit penalty for each side to decommit.

Interesting. Situations like this is where the unintended consequence of an action occur. Think about it. I just read two posts on this forum I had never considered. 

Now picture hundreds of lawyers brain storming for days to make a buck or 2 million off of all this. 

Interesting times for sure.

3 hours ago, phillyeagle said:

You could have to sign a contract to be eligible for NIL offers prior to maybe your junior year of football. Make it a formality. 

17 hours ago, AURex said:

Is Auburn still working on WDE Zion Grady?

@AURex Depends on your definition of working on. We are in contact but not poshing. We like other Edge recruits better than Zion. As of a few days ago the staff was/is planning to see how he develops his SR seasin before deciding if we want to push for him or not.

• Thanks 1

Gonna need a boost soon. Coaches are going to need vacay time but it’s still not a good look. Didn’t really care until today since we’re no longer in top 10.

Still excited about BCW, tho!

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

Gonna need a boost soon. Coaches are going to need vacay time but it’s still not a good look. Didn’t really care until today since we’re no longer in top 10.

Still excited about BCW, tho!

Auburn's 2025 class is still ranked in the top 10, and will look to make some big splashes at Big Cat Weekend next month.https://247sports.com/college/auburn/article/auburn-football-recruiting-2025-tyler-lockhart-decommit-233348027/

• Like 1