2025 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

24 minutes ago, fishepa said:

I was expecting more commits this weekend with all the hype on social media.

There's more coming we got BCW coming  want to keep momentum going leading up and thru BCW

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fishepa said:

I was expecting more commits this weekend with all the hype on social media.

Remember last year we had 5-ish weeks in a row where we got a big commit.  It felt planned 

maybe the same this summer?

• Like 4

So I wanted to take a little break/procrastinate at work a little and played around the 247's class calculator. Here's my dream scenario, I think. Am I missing anyone in your opinion? 

image.thumb.png.b374817d7b564f431a8855ddce9468b8.png

5 hours ago, CT Tiger said:

So I wanted to take a little break/procrastinate at work a little and played around the 247's class calculator. Here's my dream scenario, I think. Am I missing anyone in your opinion? 

image.thumb.png.b374817d7b564f431a8855ddce9468b8.png

@CT Tiger Sure hope you didn't jut jinx us. I don't do these type of scenarios til we get some crystal ball picks to land said recruits out of superstition.

ETA: We aren't getting Offord.

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

@CT Tiger Sure hope you didn't jut jinx us. I don't do these type of scenarios til we get some crystal ball picks to land said recruits out of superstition.

Let a man dream! 

On 6/18/2024 at 3:37 PM, ellitor said:

If we aren’t getting Offord then why would Freeze, unprompted, tell reporters “put it on the record that Hugh Freeze will get this kid”?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, AUght2win said:

If we aren’t getting Offord then why would Freeze, unprompted, tell reporters “put it on the record that Hugh Freeze will get this kid”?

Wishful thinking 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Wishful thinking 

And I thought coaches weren’t allowed to speak publicly about specific recruits.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, au701948 said:

And I thought coaches weren’t allowed to speak publicly about specific recruits.

Well he did. Darrell Dapprich just said it on the Locked on Auburn podcast.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AUght2win said:

@AUght2winNot sure where the quote came from but whatever was said, it's unlikely Hugh mentioned Offord by name. It's a voilation for coaches to mention recruits names till after they sign or enroll. Regardless, he's going to try his damndest like he's supposed to but he is fighting a very tough uphill battle.

• Like 2

If I am reading the tea leaves properly, we have a chance to get a rb and qb that we want very soon.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AUght2winNot sure where the quote came from but whatever was said, it's unlikely Hugh mentioned Offord by name. It's a voilation for coaches to mention recruits names till after they sign or enroll. Regardless, he's going to try his damndest like he's supposed to but he is fighting a very tough uphill battle.

Here’s the clip. Watch at least a couple minutes. These two are also curious as to why Freeze would put himself out there with a guarantee like that unless there was a legit shot to get him.

15 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If I am reading the tea leaves properly, we have a chance to get a rb and qb that we want very soon.

@AuburnNTexas Yes on the RB. On the QB, yes we could get him soon but I haven'y seen any tealeaves for it yet.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Here’s the clip. Watch at least a couple minutes. These two are also curious as to why Freeze would put himself out there with a guarantee like that unless there was a legit shot to get him.

I need to see a clip of Freeze saying it or an article from reputable AU journalists. LOA to me is an entertaining AU podcast for entertainment purposes only. I don't consider it, or them reputable sources.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I need to see a clip of Freeze saying it or an article from reputable AU journalists. LOA to me is an entertaining AU podcast for entertainment purposes only. I don't consider it, or them reputable sources.

I don’t disagree but I also don’t think they’re making this one completely up. 

7 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Well he did. Darrell Dapprich just said it on the Locked on Auburn podcast.

I'm shocked he mentioned a recruit by name but Freeze ... seems to lack impulse control. 

• Haha 2

Freeze has us #4 in the nation right now. Man oh man , if we can keep this going and show some success on the field!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Micah Dubose committed to bama

Meh. Hasn't been in our board for a while.

On 6/21/2024 at 4:48 PM, DAG said:

Freeze has us #4 in the nation right now. Man oh man , if we can keep this going and show some success on the field!

It’s great to see (and a refreshing contrast from two years ago). But I do wish more freshmen were getting starting XP this year, since history for us suggests that you need a talented class with at least two years of being starters under their belts. I make an exception at QB if we really need one from the portal (which I’m guessing we will).

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

It’s great to see (and a refreshing contrast from two years ago). But I do wish more freshmen were getting starting XP this year, since history for us suggests that you need a talented class with at least two years of being starters under their belts. I make an exception at QB if we really need one from the portal (which I’m guessing we will).

IMG_0198.jpeg

• Haha 4