2025 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

Love the legacy part of this…

But offering rising freshmen is getting a little out of hand.  He might be a great player but he has been competing against boys.  I would have fine with just Auburn offering from a legacy point of view but others already getting on the bandwagon is a little nuts to me.  Lots of  growth in the next few years.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

Love the legacy part of this…

But offering rising freshmen is getting a little out of hand.  He might be a great player but he has been competing against boys.  I would have fine with just Auburn offering from a legacy point of view but others already getting on the bandwagon is a little nuts to me.  Lots of  growth in the next few years.  

At 5'9" and 165 pounds he has good size for a freshman. Assuming he must have wheels. I have no problem offering early but would need to see how he develops over next few years.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NCAubs said:

But offering rising freshmen is getting a little out of hand.

Offers are not binding and the publicity doesn't hurt so where's the harm?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Offers are not binding and the publicity doesn't hurt so where's the harm?

I said I was fine with Auburn offering him from a legacy pov and yes, it’s a nice story for us.  Just like offering the Bo Jackson kid from Ohio or wherever.  

I get that offers are not binding.   However, withdrawing one later when they are thrown about like this?  That usually is bad publicity.  

He must have become a father at like 11 years old?

• Wow 1

we have to take  our legacies and his pops will forever be entrenched as the man who shocked the turds and gave us a wonderful victory when all hope was lost.i think it is a win win even if he is not that great which i am sure the coaches know talent more so than us right? nothing to see here bad in my old senile brain with the few cells it has left. it looks good for us and shows loyalty.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alexava said:

He must have become a father at like 11 years old?

my daddy was nine when i was born and smoked cigars.............hell they stuck me under the bed for two weeks to see if i would grow hair or feathers.........grins. i bet yall did not know i made that up............

• Haha 1

We should go ahead and offer all of his future grandchildren because of the kick six....

Its worth it 😎

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

my daddy was nine when i was born and smoked cigars.............hell they stuck me under the bed for two weeks to see if i would grow hair or feathers.........grins. i bet yall did not know i made that up............

I don't know why but your post made me think of a joke Rodney Carrington once told. He said "You wanna know what hell is? I've got 3 kids; a 10 month old, an 8 month old and a 6 month old. Now that's hell right there." 😂

• Haha 1

• WarTiger changed the title to son of ‘Kick Six’ legend Chris Davis gets offer
14 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I don't know why but your post made me think of a joke Rodney Carrington once told. He said "You wanna know what hell is? I've got 3 kids; a 10 month old, an 8 month old and a 6 month old. Now that's hell right there." 😂

I have been humming "show them to me" since i read this........grins

• Haha 1

How many times have you heard "they were with me since all the way back in 9th grade" and stuff?

I feel like I've heard that quite a few times. Maybe it was Reuben Foster?

Recruits remember that stuff, especially a legacy (and the son of the player that made arguably the best play in Auburn history).

• Like 3

15 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

How many times have you heard "they were with me since all the way back in 9th grade" and stuff?

I feel like I've heard that quite a few times. Maybe it was Reuben Foster?

Recruits remember that stuff, especially a legacy (and the son of the player that made arguably the best play in Auburn history).

Not much to argue about on that last statement. Will always be considered best play due more for the timing than the play itself. Greatest plays are usually about timing though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

Boy, I really hope so! Auburn is ready and will explode! 

Malik Autry if we can keep him and the Faulks on the same defense could be insane. That's the formula for all americans, when the other team has to worry about your teammates too.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Thought I'd start a new thread so we can add updates or intel on the official visitors for this weekend. 

@bigbird @Zeek @ellitor Would you take the over or under of how many of these visitors become commits if we set it at 2.5?

I'm going "OVER" because I think we could potentially land 3 of them. 

image.png

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Thanks 1

@HAPvsOA Within the next week or 2? 0. Long run? I only feel good about Shull right now in terms of the uncommitteds. And ever there, 2 recent visits to Nebraska has made that a very tight race.  So under is the smart bet IMO right now.. Overall we aren't pushing, looking, or expecting any of them to commit in the next couple of weeks. All will be Summer long dog fights at the very least so we are positioning ourselves for those fights.

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

@HAPvsOA Within the next week or 2? 0. Long run? I only feel good about Shull right now in terms of the uncommitteds. And ever there, 2 recent visits to Nebraska has made that a very tight race.  So under is the smart bet IMO right now.. Overall we aren't pushing, looking, or expecting any of them to commit in the next couple of weeks. All will be Summer long dog fights at the very least so we are positioning ourselves for those fights.

@ellitorI was thinking long term by national signing day. Buster and Shull would be 2 and I realize Shull is no given even with all the CBs we've received. I'm hoping Freeze closes the deal this week even though Shull probably won't commit until all his officials are completed.

Edwards seems like a possibility and I'm holding out hope that Julian Lewis commits, AU gets to at least 7 wins and Miss State has 5 or fewer W's, leaving a door open for Lewis to convince Caleb Cunningham to join him in our class. 

So yeah, after reading what I just wrote, that's a lot of optimistic maybes, so my head says Under, but I sticking with my heart which says Over. 

7 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

Buster

I didn't & don't consider him as part of the 2.5 possible commits from the OP since he's already committed.

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

I didn't & don't consider him as part of the 2.5 possible commits from the OP since he's already committed.

AH, that makes sense. So in that case the Over / Under would be 1.5. And it looks like we're off to a good start on the Over.

image.png

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/13/2024 at 6:48 PM, HAPvsOA said:

in that case, here's my prediction for our final class of 25 assuming OTV is loaded and can come through: 

*Note: I have no intel on these particular players, so it's just a wish list. Would love to hear some commentary from our insiders. @Zeek@bigbird@ellitor

Quarterback (Need 1 HS and 1 Transfer)

• 5* Julian Lewis - current USC commit, but since we didn't spend on a portal QB, here's hoping we have the horses to flip him to AU during big cat

Running Back (Need 2)

• 3* Shekai Mills-Knight - Ole Miss leads according to the RPM, but this is another big cat weekend commit
  • Unknown - seems like we're a bit behind this year and are still top heavy at this position, so we get a second through the portal

Wide Receiver (Need 3-5)

• 5* Caleb Cunningham - commits to Mississippi State in the summer but flips to AU on NSD to join Lewis and because we got 2-3 more wins than MSU. He ends up leaving a year early following Cam Colemna's immediate success in the NFL as a rookie.  
  • 4* CJ Wiley - Georgia leads according to the RPM, but AU closes this one in the Fall after Georgia fills their WR class. CJ ends up being a red zone target during his AU career and approaches the career TD record. 
  • 3* Daylyn Upshaw - AU comes to their senses and flips him late in the cycle to rejoin Cam Coleman so that they can continue their obvious synergy playing different roles in the passing game.
  • NR Branden Hoch - Auburn leads according to the RPM - joins the class in the early Fall and ends up being a diamond in the rough.

Tight End (Need 2)

• 3* Ryan Ghea - Auburn commit
  • Unknown or transfer - not sure where we are after our recent de-commitment 

Offensive Line (5-6 HS)

• 5* Andrew Babalola - Kansas State leads according to the RPM, but this ends up being a NSD flip because we invest our RB & TE money here instead. We were only planning on 6, but take him anyway. 
  • 4* Broderick Shull - Auburn leads according to the RPM and gets a commitment at BCW
  • 4* Tavaris Dice - Auburn commit
  • 4* Carde Smith - Auburn commit
  • 3* Tai Buster - Auburn commit
  • 3* Spencer Dowland - Auburn commit
  • 3* Jacobe Ward - Auburn leads according to the RPM - joins at BCW

This class ends up being the foundation for an ongoing improved O-line under Freeze that will be talked about for the next decade.

Defensive Line & Edge (Need 3-5)

• 4* Jakaleb Faulk - Auburn commit
  • 4* Jourdin Crawford - Auburn commit
  • 4* Malik Autry - Auburn commit
  • 4* Andrew Maddox - Ole Miss leads according to the RPM, but AU gets another top player from MS on NSD
  • 4* Zion Grady - Alabama leads according to the RPM, but AU wins on NSD

Linebacker (Need 2-3)

• 4* Tyler Lockhart - Auburn commit
  • 4* Jadon Perlotte - Georgia commit, but flips to AU on NSD 

Defensive Back (Need 3-6)

• 4* Devin Williams - Auburn commit
  • 3* Dante Core - Auburn leads according to the RPM and joins at BCW
  • 4* Anquon Fegans - Zeek's intel suggests Auburn is trending and he commits at BCW. 
  • 4* Eric Winters - Auburn is trending and commits in the next 3 weeks

Hap great recap, very nice.  

Running back Osmah might be that second back.

Receiver CJ Wiley, you are right we could get him by default if ga fills up, otherwise he will go there. Course if Juju does come to the good guys Im certain a lot of receivers will pop up.  Drrick Smith was always an Auburn lean....til he wasnt....when bama showed up with a bigger bag.  I see he is visiting again so who knows.  I certainly would not piss off our current room by offering him something not in scale with what the others were given, and those scalywags across the state probably did that for just that reason. 

OL the Goodman fella out of the NE is a possibility, a real possibility, if he is added to the list one probably drops off.

DL I think Kalen Edwards recommits, he just got excited and committed, then decommited to look around.  He is bringing his family with him for this OV this weekend, if we want him I think he is in.  And he is a true nose tackle.

Edge is interesting.  Gibson we are hearing a lot of chatter on, he is not sticking with USC.  Zion lots of good press.  And Scroggins some say is better than Zion, just comes from a small school away from metro areas and has not camped.  Fellas check out his huddle tape, he is lightening quick, inside outside rush, holds the edge.  He is playing basketball at 230lbs, he will be 250 by the time he gets to college.  With Jakaleb already on board this is one tough room to make some choices.

LB lot of talk the coaches want to try Jakaleb at LB, I think with them going for Melendez of late that means Jakaleb is destined for Edge.  If Melendez teams with Lockhart maybe the final spot is Eric Winters who they think will end up in the "star" position (if we get him ga is pressing really hard and I think we have fallen behind).  

DB looks like Woodby is close to commit, with Williams that gives us two great corners, and gives Dante time to develop some.  

Remember guys, I always forget, we are not limited to 25 anymore, just the 85 total.  Course it all depends on OTV funding.  

• Like 1