2025 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

I see that our coveted DL recruit, Malik Autry, is set to visit Florida.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Viper said:

I recall attending an AU rally in Spring 95 where T. Bowden spoke about recruiting. He said here are two names to remember. (And he says with great enthusiasm) Martavious Houston and Takeo Spikes.

From Game 1, I was watching #25 and #55 like a hawk. Bowden turned out to be correct. Spikes obviously the best of the 95 class. Houston prolly the 2nd best of the class.

Martavious didn't have the staying mental power it took to be a consistent football player. He was ultra talented though and could have been an All-PRO. It sounds weird to say it but playing football in the late 90's was more difficult than now when you think about the three a days. 

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

FWIW Wiltfong expects AU to finish with a top 2 or 3 class in the nation.

Rlj5GY.gif

• Like 2

Cole Pinkston just predicted our class & has us adding Deuce, 3* WR Sam Turner, Babalola, Malachi Goodman, Third Scroggins, Tyler Lockhart, & Offord. That would give a score of 309.40. As rankings are now that would finish 3 or 4 the past 5 years. I've seen preductions from a couple other good sources that would get us to 315.94. That would finish 1 through 4 the past 5 years. Likely won't be #1 this year though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

If that holds up it would be the best class in AU history. Amazing. 

It will be the best in AU history imo and next year could be even better..................believe it or not

• Like 7
  • Wow 2

45 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

It will be the best in AU history imo and next year could be even better..................believe it or not

Seems like there’s a lot of capital D, DUDES, next year. My brother may end up playing heavy on varsity for GS next year, so I’ll try to pay attention to the Jamichael Garrett kid along with him 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Cole Pinkston just predicted our class & has us adding Babalola & Offord.

ZgtmJwzYS8HRu.webp

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Cole Pinkston just predicted our class & has us adding Deuce, 3* WR Sam Turner, Babalola, Malachi Goodman, Third Scroggins, Tyler Lockhart, & Offord. As rankings are now that would finish 3 or 4 the past 5 years. I've seen preductions from a couple other good sources that would get us to 315.94. That would finish 1 through 4 the past 5 years. Likely won't be #1 this year though.

We get this and regardless of where we end up, it would just be splitting hairs. The class would be as good as anyone's.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Cole Pinkston just predicted our class & has us adding Deuce, 3* WR Sam Turner, Babalola, Malachi Goodman, Third Scroggins, Tyler Lockhart, & Offord. As rankings are now that would finish 3 or 4 the past 5 years. I've seen preductions from a couple other good sources that would get us to 315.94. That would finish 1 through 4 the past 5 years. Likely won't be #1 this year though.

In my mind, that is number one, that would be an incredible and SHOCKING haul. 

Edited by Auburn93

4 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

We get this and regardless of where we end up, it would just be splitting hairs. The class would be as good as anyone's.

Yep

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

The 7 above would get us to 309.40 on 247 composite.  Great class.  Not sure how we would get to 315.94.  Plus Kromah and Cunningham to get us to 315.61.   Not sure who else is out there highly ranked that moves the needle enough to get to 315 plus.  Great class either way.  

16 minutes ago, au1985 said:

The 7 above would get us to 309.40 on 247 composite.  Great class.  Not sure how we would get to 315.94.  Plus Kromah and Cunningham to get us to 315.61.   Not sure who else is out there highly ranked that moves the needle enough to get to 315 plus.  Great class either way.  

I don't know how much of a difference it would actually make in the final number/team ranking, but it sounds like most experts think quite a few of our 3 and 4 star recruits could see rating bumps, so we could place high even if we don't close on all those guys. Either way, its' amazing and still hard to believe after the Gus & Harsin years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

its not just the stars. its the fact that we are getting the right players for our areas of needs. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, au1985 said:

The 7 above would get us to 309.40 on 247 composite

@au1985 Yes. I thought I put that in there but looks like I didn't lol

1 hour ago, HAPvsOA said:

but it sounds like most experts think quite a few of our 3 and 4 star recruits could see rating bumps

@HAPvsOA Expert predictions are based on current rankings. If some of our commits get bumps, that could change predictions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

still hard to believe after the Gus & Harsin years. 

Not to me. It’s the perfect storm of NIL + dink retiring + assistants such as Kelly who have close relationships with numerous AL high school programs.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Viper said:

Not to me. It’s the perfect storm of NIL + dink retiring + assistants such as Kelly who have close relationships with numerous AL high school programs.

No doubt nil has a lot to do with leveling the playing field between the big boys, but I think Freeze is in a complete other gear on recruiting than I can remember from others in the past. He has shown elsewhere that he can get it done on the field with less overall talent than his opponent. Now that he is recruiting with the top tier teams he has to be licking his chops about what he can do with equal talent. 
I try to be cautious with my hope but so far the recipe seems to be capable of delivering some very good years in the near future. 

6 minutes ago, aujohnson said:

No doubt nil has a lot to do with leveling the playing field between the big boys, but I think Freeze is in a complete other gear on recruiting than I can remember from others in the past. He has shown elsewhere that he can get it done on the field with less overall talent than his opponent. Now that he is recruiting with the top tier teams he has to be licking his chops about what he can do with equal talent. 
I try to be cautious with my hope but so far the recipe seems to be capable of delivering some very good years in the near future. 

Agreed that in theory, Freeze should be able to succeed even more in the coming seasons vs his past where he did more with less. 

Back to the point…yes, Freeze is an excellent recruiter both past and present. The Treadwell’s and Nkimdiche’s are proof.

But he wouldn’t be conquering this state without NIL, dink’s retirement and assistants like Kelly already with deep AL high school relationships. It truly is the perfect storm.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Happy birthday to me!  Thanks E

• Love 1

Miami LB Commit Elijah Melendez is a guy that doesn’t get talked about enough. He visited for Big Cat weekend and is scheduled to be back on the Plains for Game 1. I think he’s definitely a kid that we need and one that we eventually FLIP from the U.

• Like 1