2025 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

What's our ceiling? Say everything falls in place... We get Deuce, Offord and flip Cunningham.  We got a path to #2?

@NWALA Tiger Possibly. Depends on ranking changes & how other teams finish. Ceiling is likely 3 but could be 2.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Viper said:

bowing out of the Lewis auction gets us more Jimmy’s and Joe’s.

Not sure about that. The money there may be going to DK. What we offered Jujuj wouldn't be much more than what we would offer DK.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

FWIW after flipping Marshall, we now have our best class on paper in terms of toal class points, in the past 25 years. And after we get Deuce & fill other needs it will be the best class going back to Pat Dye days. Let that sink in.

@LPTiger Now you can say it. #Shocking

Shocking E.   Since you mentioned Pat, I will repeat a story about him that I have told on here before.   I was a young lawyer, and he was a board member for Deaton Trucking.  Deaton was acquiring or selling something that required BOD approval.  We hosted the board meeting in our offices in downtown Bham.  It was the week we played Tennessee.  I drove him back to the airport FBO where Auburn's KingAir was waiting to take him back to AU (literally AU only had a turboprop).   On the ride to the FBO we were catching back up (he was AD when I played baseball and we had spent a good bit of time together in the dugout - he was a huge supporter of baseball and coach Baird who he hired) and I told him I had married a UA grad.  He said "LP too many marriages have been ruined over this rivalry, promise me you will not let that come between you and your bride."  We then talked about a bunch of other things...   When we got to the FBO he got out of my truck, shut the door, took a step, turned around and re-opened the door...  He pointed a crooked pointer finger at me and said "you make sure she raises your chilin to be Auburn chillin."   I laughed all the way back to the office.  That man loved Auburn to the core!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Shocking E.   Since you mentioned Pat, I will repeat a story about him that I have told on here before.   I was a young lawyer, and he was a board member for Deaton Trucking.  Deaton was acquiring or selling something that required BOD approval.  We hosted the board meeting in our offices in downtown Bham.  It was the week we played Tennessee.  I drove him back to the airport FBO where Auburn's KingAir was waiting to take him back to AU (literally AU only had a turboprop).   On the ride to the FBO we were catching back up (he was AD when I played baseball and we had spent a good bit of time together in the dugout - he was a huge supporter of baseball and coach Baird who he hired) and I told him I had married a UA grad.  He said "LP too many marriages have been ruined over this rivalry, promise me you will not let that come between you and your bride."  We then talked about a bunch of other things...   When we got to the FBO he got out of my truck, shut the door, took a step, turned around and re-opened the door...  He pointed a crooked pointer finger at me and said "you make sure she raises your chilin to be Auburn chillin."   I laughed all the way back to the office.  That man loved Auburn to the core!!!

Flying from Birmingham to Auburn is crazy to me.  That's literally all I took from this story.

24 minutes ago, AUTigers910 said:

319.53 looks to be our ceiling, but that’s also factoring in if Grady and Roger’s are takes for the staff. That would put us 1-3 historically

@AUTigers910 I've got 315.68 with Scroggins & Kromah instead of Grady & Rogers since Scrog & Kro are higher on our staff's board. Also barring somehow losing A-Train I don't see a scerario right now where Rogers would be a take for AU. Even adding those 2 I have 317. 44. I'm curious to who all you had? In my best class based on staff wants I also have Deuce, Cunningham, Sam Turer, Babs, Goodman, Boucard, Lockhart, & Offord.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AUTigers910 I've got 315.68 with Scroggins & Kromah instead of Grady & Rogers since Scrog & Kro are higher on our staff's board. Also barring somehow losing A-Train I don't see a scerario right now where Rogers would be a take for AU. Even adding those 2 I have 317. 44. I'm curious to who all you had? In my best class based on staff wants I also have Deuce, Cunningham, Sam Turer, Babs, Goodman, Boucard, Lockhart, & Offord.

No Zelus Hicks? 

and anything 315+ would be amazing

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

No Zelus Hicks? 

and anything 315+ would be amazing

Thanks! I will conservatively add the 50th ranked player in the class since his ranking will drop if he reclassifies. I added Darrell Johnson as a rough estimate for Hicks. That is 318. 84 without Grady & Rogers.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I added Vernon Brown as a comparable rating for Zelus Hicks if he reclassifies. That’s probably the discrepancy. Isn’t there a possibility Cedric Morgan reclassifies as well?

Auburn is recruiting at a higher level than most Auburn fans ever thought was possible. This is undoubtedly being helped by Saban’s retirement and UAT’s current recruiting philosophy/situation. But I’ve believed for years that we should’ve won more recruiting battles if we just had the right structure and a relentless recruiting head coach in place. That time is now! 

If Hugh Freeze proves that he can win at a high level - starting this year - then this will become the new normal. We have the facilities, NIL support, structure and coaching staff in place to do what most Auburn fans never thought was possible - build an absolute powerhouse with sustained success that regularly competes for Championships. WAR EAGLE 🦅 🐅 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, AUTigers910 said:

Isn’t there a possibility Cedric Morgan reclassifies as well?

Haven't heard that before your post.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

No Babalola?

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, blake0728 said:

Auburn is recruiting at a higher level than most Auburn fans ever thought was possible. This is undoubtedly being helped by Saban’s retirement and UAT’s current recruiting philosophy/situation. But I’ve believed for years that we should’ve won more recruiting battles if we just had the right structure and a relentless recruiting head coach in place. That time is now! 

If Hugh Freeze proves that he can win at a high level - starting this year - then this will become the new normal. We have the facilities, NIL support, structure and coaching staff in place to do what most Auburn fans never thought was possible - build an absolute powerhouse with sustained success that regularly competes for Championships. WAR EAGLE 🦅 🐅 

As someone else said it is helped because we are not afraid of Alabama boosters turning us in for cheating. We could always out recruit those bastards when we had control of their cheating that only happened three times in history-Pat Dye, Bama on probation, and TODAY!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blake0728 said:

Remember we were way behind a lot of teams on favility before we completed the new facility. Freeze, NIL support are big but the facility leveled the playing field.

12 hours ago, blake0728 said:

If he wins at a high level the support and finances will always be there. Hell, with average play the fan support is always there. It’s time for the coaches and players to deliver now. 

• Like 2

Because talent was so depleted after previous coaches, many TFr and Redshirt freshmen will play this year and next year. This is both good and bad. The bad is at times they will be lost the good is how they will learn by playing and help us in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Because talent was so depleted after previous coaches, many TFr and Redshirt freshmen will play this year and next year. This is both good and bad. The bad is at times they will be lost the good is how they will learn by playing and help us in the future.

I'm not sure if anyone can count on this idea now because of transfer portal. Team make overs are changing quickly. Teams may forever be talented and inexperienced.

1 hour ago, Auburn93 said:

I'm not sure if anyone can count on this idea now because of transfer portal. Team make overs are changing quickly. Teams may forever be talented and inexperienced.

I am hoping by giving younger players PT we will be able to keep and develop most of them. NIL is not just to bring in HS players but to keep the ones you have and want.

20 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not sure about that. The money there may be going to DK. What we offered Jujuj wouldn't be much more than what we would offer DK.

Was meant that we’re not bidding any higher for any QB.

• Like 1

I am sure several of you may be able to correct me on this; I thought our previous highest ranked class was when  Terry Bowden was our coach. 

18 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I am sure several of you may be able to correct me on this; I thought our previous highest ranked class was when  Terry Bowden was our coach. 

This class was considered pretty strong back then…

http://webhome.auburn.edu/~vestmon/recruit.html

But…can’t recall much about a lot of these guys except Takeo

Edited by ClarkGriswold
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ClarkGriswold said:

This was the highest ranked class for Auburn that I can remember.  I think we got then number 1 ranked player in 3 or 4 states this class.  

36 minutes ago, ClarkGriswold said:

I had forgotten Quinton Reese was a WR coming out. Ended up being a good pass rusher at DE. That's a good class but there still are a good number on there that didnt contribute much, if at all. Recruiting has changed a lot since then though for sure. This class, if it ends up like it we think, would be a much better class on paper in my opinion. Proof is in the pudding though. 

Another strong class from Dye, Max Emfinger said was 3rd ranked.

You can zoom in to read the newspaper columns…

Thats how we used to find out…from the newspaper…which you received the day after signing day

https://www.newspapers.com/image/257766746/?fcfToken=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJmcmVlLXZpZXctaWQiOjI1Nzc2Njc0NiwiaWF0IjoxNzI0NTM2Mzc0LCJleHAiOjE3MjQ2MjI3NzR9.RJXXbZUS-EMl57AFzkUu5jowLR5uNFv3ju4U9ctQcyI

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ClarkGriswold said:

9 hours ago, au1985 said:

This was the highest ranked class for Auburn that I can remember.  I think we got then number 1 ranked player in 3 or 4 states this class.  

I recall attending an AU rally in Spring 95 where T. Bowden spoke about recruiting. He said here are two names to remember. (And he says with great enthusiasm) Martavious Houston and Takeo Spikes.

From Game 1, I was watching #25 and #55 like a hawk. Bowden turned out to be correct. Spikes obviously the best of the 95 class. Houston prolly the 2nd best of the class.

• Like 2