2025 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

I have only heard about going after KJ Lacey if we don’t get Juju. Does that mean we’re not planning on taking a portal QB?

Edited by AUwent

Come signing day 20 to 30 players will sign with Auburn. The great majority will only commit once and sign with the team they committed to. Considering the pressure these young men will get from coaches, friends, parents, etc. That speaks very well for these young men. To many people worry to much about the young men who play games as oppossed to appreciate the ones who play it straight up.

• Like 2

I see it as a double edge sword. Certainly , there is strategy to this but also you need to consider longevity and not just short term gains. I love watching and listening to podcast of athletes and some of them been alluding to how important relationships are at the collegiate level going into the professional level. You want to be careful with that because you rub someone the wrong way , you never know how connected they are at the next level.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2024 at 7:22 AM, Gowebb11 said:

How about putting the onus on the multi millionaire 50 and 60 year old coaches who are aggressively pressuring these 16 and  17 year old kids to commit. The kids are just playing the game the adults created and wrote the rules for. 

Regardless of what people are doing around you or the context of the game it doesn’t excuse lying. Saban lying in Miami about not taking the Alabama job is still slimy. Idc how much money is involved.

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Regardless of what people are doing around you or the context of the game it doesn’t excuse lying. Saban lying in Miami about not taking the Alabama job is still slimy. Idc how much money is involved.

Tubs too.  Pine Box edition. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2024 at 10:46 PM, AUwent said:

I have only heard about going after KJ Lacey if we don’t get Juju. Does that mean we’re not planning on taking a portal QB?

@AUwent No. We are likely going after a transfer QB no matter who the HS QB is in this class, even if it was Juju.

• Love 1

On 7/11/2024 at 10:04 PM, ellitor said:

@AUwent No. We are likely going after a transfer QB no matter who the HS QB is in this class, even if it was Juju.

(If you can answer, of course)

If the situation were urgent enough, would we be willing to throw the sink at a true difference maker (on the level of, say, Cam Ward)? In the case of Juju, he’s making his decision before the season, when we don’t quite know how urgent our need at QB will be—meaning, we don’t know how much goodwill Freeze will have to develop Walker/a lower tier transfer QB. I would think he certainly wouldn’t if people like Phil Steele and Mike Bratton are correct (aka 6-6 again).

Edited by AUwent

On 7/13/2024 at 3:41 PM, ellitor said:

DeBoer is wreaking havoc on the trail. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Agree. It’s very Sabanesque right now. 

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

Agree. It’s very Sabanesque right now. 

image.gif.b1f32923b35339b9ff397bccd9dc97d8.gif

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

image.gif.b1f32923b35339b9ff397bccd9dc97d8.gif

I’m jealous of his approach. Not a lot of big announcement date runups, major recruiting events, or ‘coming next week/next month’ type of stuff. Guys just committing. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m jealous of his approach. Not a lot of big announcement date runups, major recruiting events, or ‘coming next week/next month’ type of stuff. Guys just committing. 

I think what hurts the most is that this is what we wanted Harsin to do, but he turned out to be the polar opposite.

It’s as if Bama said, “we are going to show you how it’s done”. 

Another thing I’m realizing is if the school is a true power, it doesn’t matter where the coach is from or has recruited. DeBoer stuffing Hugh in a locker is proof of that. Lol

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Another thing I’m realizing is if the school is a true power, it doesn’t matter where the coach is from or has recruited. DeBoer stuffing Hugh in a locker is proof of that. Lol

See, this is why I just can’t buy the “it’s all cyclical!” argument. There is literally no sign that either of the big two will fall back to earth ever. Of course we should always play the IB but it renews my feeling that DSOR may no longer be worth it.

I’m sure we’ll be feeling a bit better at the end of this month of course, but I think the fact that our coach will always be compared to what the big two are doing is a textbook case of why we don’t have our pick of the litter on the coaching market.

Having said that, the expanded playoff could make life a bit easier for us as we should still expect to make it at least every few years.

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The Bama brand and their nil certainly are. If Kalen was such a great recruiter he would have shown even just a shred of evidence of it at Washington. He never did. Chris Petersen recruited well there. Kalen in his short time there did not. If you swapped coaches Kalen would recruit pretty terribly at AU and freeze would recruit even greater at bama than Kalen is right now.

bama has been the best program in the country since 2009.  It’s going to take a few years of mediocre seasons on the field for them to start tailing off. They will always recruit really good but if they start losing a few each year they will “slide” to that top 5-10 range and not top 3 every tear.

We haven’t had a winning season since 2019. We haven’t been a good program year in year out since tubs. What freeze has since he got here is nothing short of a miracle. We have no business recruiting as well as we have since he got here. The end of the Gus tenure and the whole Harsin tenure sunk the AU brand to the lowest it ever has been arguably ever. And def since barfield. You can’t expect the man to come in and get top 5 classes every year. The fact we most likely *knock on wood of course. We are still the barn after all. 😂😂* going to have 2 straight top ten classes is inconceivable in our position.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

We are getting are ass kicked at the moment. Never forget the impact of the REC

Hopefully the five stars aren’t happy with sitting like they did with Saban. Their schedule has gotten tougher now so a few defeats are possible 

On 6/30/2024 at 2:19 PM, DAG said:

I see it as a double edge sword. Certainly , there is strategy to this but also you need to consider longevity and not just short term gains. I love watching and listening to podcast of athletes and some of them been alluding to how important relationships are at the collegiate level going into the professional level. You want to be careful with that because you rub someone the wrong way , you never know how connected they are at the next level.

Personal relationships are certainly  a factor in any biz or long term professional plan, and that makes more sense with a head coach or even coordinator. But some of these kids make their relationship with a position coach their long game deciding point which shows how many of them are mislead by "handlers." Position coach's move a LOT and assuming they'll travel effectively with the relationship guy is just gullable. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tigger1985 said:

Just saw where the #1 recruit maybe Offord ? Committed to us today

You misread something 

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

The Bama brand and their nil certainly are. If Kalen was such a great recruiter he would have shown even just a shred of evidence of it at Washington. He never did. Chris Petersen recruited well there. Kalen in his short time there did not. If you swapped coaches Kalen would recruit pretty terribly at AU and freeze would recruit even greater at bama than Kalen is right now.

bama has been the best program in the country since 2009.  It’s going to take a few years of mediocre seasons on the field for them to start tailing off. They will always recruit really good but if they start losing a few each year they will “slide” to that top 5-10 range and not top 3 every tear.

We haven’t had a winning season since 2019. We haven’t been a good program year in year out since tubs. What freeze has since he got here is nothing short of a miracle. We have no business recruiting as well as we have since he got here. The end of the Gus tenure and the whole Harsin tenure sunk the AU brand to the lowest it ever has been arguably ever. And def since barfield. You can’t expect the man to come in and get top 5 classes every year. The fact we most likely *knock on wood of course. We are still the barn after all. 😂😂* going to have 2 straight top ten classes is inconceivable in our position.

Unfortunately GWill, a large number of the posters on our forum are glass half empty guys.  Just so caught up in the woe is me concept that they can't see Freeze is gradually building AU back up to where we were in the mid 2000's, and 2010, 13, 17, and 19 when we had really quality teams.

People knock on HF's coaching, but the fact of the matter is we came within an eyelash of beating UGA & Bama last year with a team that was FAR Less Talented and had NO Business being on the same field as them.

Imagine what HF can do with the extremely high recruiting results from this coming year & next year's recruiting classes, along with quality Portal pick ups.

I for one am thrilled with our coaching staff & see great things for our program, if not this year, then next year.  I believe we are in the playoffs in 2025.

You just have to let the negative people be negative and keep you're own positivity.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Unfortunately GWill, a large number of the posters on our forum are glass half empty guys.  Just so caught up in the woe is me concept that they can't see Freeze is gradually building AU back up to where we were in the mid 2000's, and 2010, 13, 17, and 19 when we had really quality teams.

People knock on HF's coaching, but the fact of the matter is we came within an eyelash of beating UGA & Bama last year with a team that was FAR Less Talented and had NO Business being on the same field as them.

Imagine what HF can do with the extremely high recruiting results from this coming year & next year's recruiting classes, along with quality Portal pick ups.

I for one am thrilled with our coaching staff & see great things for our program, if not this year, then next year.  I believe we are in the playoffs in 2025.

You just have to let the negative people be negative and keep you're own positivity.

I agree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I think what hurts the most is that this is what we wanted Harsin to do, but he turned out to be the polar opposite.

It’s as if Bama said, “we are going to show you how it’s done”. 

Having the GOAT of college recruiting in an office down the hall doesn't hurt in the "we're going to show you how it's done" part of the training manual.  

• Like 1