2025 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

7 hours ago, woodford said:

That’s great to hear. Get those freshman the ball every single game. 

And JuJu to go with him

• Like 1

I think this class is in great shape at the moment. I feel good about the following guys.

WR - Caleb Cunningham

OT - Broderick Shull

CB - Blake Woodby

S - Anquon Fegans

That puts us at 250 with 15 commits. I still feel good about eventually landing players like Alvin Henderson & Derick Smith. If Julian Lewis commits, then I think the flood gates open for other elite prospects. If Auburn has a great season on the field, then the flood gates will open even wider. War Eagle!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, phillyeagle said:

Broderick Shull commits! Great news for the OL.

This is turning into a great class, especially in the trenches. 3 quality DL (2DT'S & 1 Edge), 5 O-line, 3CB'S, 1LB, & 1TE.

In addition we seem to be looking at some WR'S, Safety's, RB'S, etc. With a shot at Ju Ju Lewis at QB. We are in the top ten right now with chance to move up.

We finally have a great O-line class which has been needed for years add to that 3 really strong DL. Teams win in the trenches and we are getting there.

If we finish strong and continue this level of HS recruiting next year then we can start using portal less but shoot for difference makers in portal as oppossed to patching weaknesses.

• Like 4

I would be shocked if we land JuJu. IF we fail to improve our win total, would that put enough pressure to go land a transfer QB?

9 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I would be shocked if we land JuJu. IF we fail to improve our win total, would that put enough pressure to go land a transfer QB?

If Auburn doesn’t get JuJu, they’d have to go after a Portal QB regardless. Thorne is moving on and it’s unlikely that either Geriner or Brown would stay to remain a backup for the ‘25 season. Auburn is unlikely to go after a portal QB right now under a (likely) promise to JuJu but if we miss out on him, even when we get another HS QB, Auburn will take a portal guy.

I would like to see some stud linebackers to commit to us. And we may have some but I haven’t seen them. Ours have just been adequate at most. I’m talking about guys like Spikes, Dansby etc.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tigger1985 said:

I would like to see some stud linebackers to commit to us. And we may have some but I haven’t seen them. Ours have just been adequate at most. I’m talking about guys like Spikes, Dansby etc.

Wasn’t Dansby a WR recruit out of high school or athlete?  Then turned LB?

just an aside …

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

Wasn’t Dansby a WR recruit out of high school or athlete?  Then turned LB?

just an aside …

Yes.  Heckuva transition!

On 6/9/2024 at 5:57 PM, lca408 said:

If Auburn doesn’t get JuJu, they’d have to go after a Portal QB regardless. Thorne is moving on and it’s unlikely that either Geriner or Brown would stay to remain a backup for the ‘25 season. Auburn is unlikely to go after a portal QB right now under a (likely) promise to JuJu but if we miss out on him, even when we get another HS QB, Auburn will take a portal guy.

Assuming JuJu doesn’t sign with us, would we still have enough time to go after a TP QB? I know ESD moved up, so I would think so, but I truly believe we’re going to need a boost for ‘25. Think about it, the fanbase is likely going to be starved for a win over the turds, and well, I’ve gone over how little returning production we’ll have.

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Assuming JuJu doesn’t sign with us, would we still have enough time to go after a TP QB? I know ESD moved up, so I would think so, but I truly believe we’re going to need a boost for ‘25. Think about it, the fanbase is likely going to be starved for a win over the turds, and well, I’ve gone over how little returning production we’ll have.

IMG_0277.gif

• Haha 1

On 6/9/2024 at 4:57 PM, lca408 said:

Yeah. I hated to hear that Walker White is transferring out already.... <#yellerfont>

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/9/2024 at 4:57 PM, lca408 said:

I can see Geriner or Brown leave maybe both leave if we get Ju Ju but if we don't get Ju Ju I expect at least one or both to stay. I would expect both to stay as both plus Walker White would all have a shot at earning starting job.

I would expect White to win it but nothing is for sure. If we do lose one of them we will still probably sign a different HS QB so we would still have 3 QB's not ideal but it would work.

If Walker White is as good as wee  hope then we could go toportal for a QB if one did leave but the portal QB would not have to be a stud just a solid backup QB.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JuscAUse! said:

I just hope White has more confidence in himself than some folks on this board have in him. 

It's not wise to depend on 1 HS QB over 2 recruiting cycles. It's not a slight to White. The position is simply too important for all eggs in one basket. 

The exception is if you go portal QB heavy, like Kiffin for example. But that's not Freeze's approach. Fingers crossed for Juju. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

It's not wise to depend on 1 HS QB over 2 recruiting cycles. It's not a slight to White. The position is simply too important for all eggs in one basket. 

The exception is if you go portal QB heavy, like Kiffin for example. But that's not Freeze's approach. Fingers crossed for Juju. 

Totally agree. 100%. My post was not a shot at you at all. It was pointed towards those that watched a couple of his spring practices and thought he had no hope of playing the position. 

If a QB has the confidence to play big time college football, he should never be afraid of new recruits at the position. JMO. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Totally agree. 100%. My post was not a shot at you at all. It was pointed towards those that watched a couple of his spring practices and thought he had no hope of playing the position. 

If a QB has the confidence to play big time college football, he should never be afraid of new recruits at the position. JMO. 

Completely agree. Bring in the best recruits you can every year. Let them sort it out with their play and attitude. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cbo said:

Completely agree. Bring in the best recruits you can every year. Let them sort it out with their play and attitude. 

Honestly QB is one of those positions where at this point you pretty much need at least two quality QBs on the roster than can start at any given time.  Depth is so important at that position. FSU losing their QB kept them out of the playoffs. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

Honestly QB is one of those positions where at this point you pretty much need at least two quality QBs on the roster than can start at any given time.  Depth is so important at that position. FSU losing their QB kept them out of the playoffs. 

I agree. But it's gonna be virtually impossible unless you're Texas or some other super rich school. I shouldn't say impossible. You could have Joe Montana or the like on the bench and not realize it. That's a huge reach, though.

Edited by JuscAUse!

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

You're right as usual, DAG. And how many games do you have to play now with the 12 team playoff, assuming you make it to the championship game and you play in your conference championship? I think it's 16, or 17 if you're not in the top 4 that gets a first round bye. 

That's a lot of games for college kids. You want to have a backup QB to get you by in a game or two, or even a half. I realize that's easier said than done. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

I agree. But it's gonna be virtually impossible unless you're Texas or some other super rich school. I shouldn't say impossible. You could have Joe Montana or the like on the bench and not realize it. That's a huge reach, though.

Yep it is going to take serious investment and probably foregoing other areas tbh. Honestly since the beginning most of the top tier teams survived off of that while fringe teams had enough talent to complete on the front lines but depth just destroys it all. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cbo said:

As great as Juju would be he’s a long shot imo. So, assuming he sticks with Lincoln, we’re going to need an insurance policy for the reasons DAG says, but also because of how many times we’ve been bitten with QBs of WW’s profile. If PT proves to be the handicap to any improvement that some pundits seem to think he is, the pressure to have a jump in 2025 (when we’ll be returning potentially just SEVEN starters!) will be parabolic. 

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

As great as Juju would be he’s a long shot imo. So, assuming he sticks with Lincoln, we’re going to need an insurance policy for the reasons DAG says, but also because of how many times we’ve been bitten with QBs of WW’s profile. If PT proves to be the handicap to any improvement that some pundits seem to think he is, the pressure to have a jump in 2025 (when we’ll be returning potentially just SEVEN starters!) will be parabolic. 

IMG_0128.gif

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

IMG_0128.gif

I will be blunt, I’m frustrated by the fact that almost all non-clickbait discussion is behind paywalls now. I completely get it but it doesn’t mean I don’t miss the days where you had multiple options to get free info.

Edited by AUwent