Liberal Democracies Need to Address the Migrant Issue

TexasTiger

17 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

This is just another example of who is actually benefiting from the immigrants.  A very good friend of mine's dad is a Fox Republican like so many others.  The thing he doesn't like discussing is the fact that he owns 4 very old run down apartment buildings that are full of tenants.  They pay him cash every month and are 100% filled with Latin American immigrants.  All of their children are as much American citizens as you and I.  My point is that you cannot complain about the problem and at the same time profit from it to that degree.

I’m not profiting from any illegal immigrant, but if you are talking about Governor Abbott receiving $1.4 million from the developer, then yes I agree.  It is hard to show a consistent argument when you are accepting $s from special interests.

There is a big difference between a community in an apartment building and a community of 50K that are living in a *do not go* zone of illegal immigrants.  It’s a problem of over running the system and nefarious individuals taking advantage of America.  I doubt that your friend’s dad is ICE friendly so he is operating on a much smaller scale.  If he then buys more apartment buildings to take advantage of the situation, then they are really the same.

Please define a Fox Republican.  I have an idea, but I have never heard that phrase.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’m not profiting from any illegal immigrant, but if you are talking about Governor Abbott receiving $1.4 million from the developer, then yes I agree.  It is hard to show a consistent argument when you are accepting $s from special interests.

There is a big difference between a community in an apartment building and a community of 50K that are living in a *do not go* zone of illegal immigrants.  It’s a problem of over running the system and nefarious individuals taking advantage of America.  I doubt that your friend’s dad is ICE friendly so he is operating on a much smaller scale.  If he then buys more apartment buildings to take advantage of the situation, then they are really the same.

Please define a Fox Republican.  I have an idea, but I have never heard that phrase.

I was talking about Gov Abbott... yes

• Like 1

• TexasTiger changed the title to Liberal Democracies Need to Address the Migrant Issue
12 hours ago, AU9377 said:

This is just another example of who is actually benefiting from the immigrants.  A very good friend of mine's dad is a Fox Republican like so many others.  The thing he doesn't like discussing is the fact that he owns 4 very old run down apartment buildings that are full of tenants.  They pay him cash every month and are 100% filled with Latin American immigrants.  All of their children are as much American citizens as you and I.  My point is that you cannot complain about the problem and at the same time profit from it to that degree.

BS. If you're handed a broken egg, make an omelet. Unfortunately the Bungler in Chief has turned the entire immigration crisis into a broken egg and is making this country into a broken nation. Anybody who can find a niche and salvage something from this mess had better do so while he can.

24 minutes ago, Mikey said:

BS. If you're handed a broken egg, make an omelet. Unfortunately the Bungler in Chief has turned the entire immigration crisis into a broken egg and is making this country into a broken nation. Anybody who can find a niche and salvage something from this mess had better do so while he can.

Can I get bacon with that? Crisp bacon, please. And grits.

On 9/17/2023 at 10:15 PM, auburnatl1 said:

It’s the Achilles heal of liberalism. Confusing why it’s even a debate.

Maher often says that some who identify as liberals actually have something like a death wish for trying to out-compete the other so-called Liberals in the Insanity of SOME of their ideas. This is one. If a Republican mayor had said one thing that the NYC Mayor Adams has said in the last month, they would be canceled as racists/bigots/_____ophobes. We all know it is true.

Now, cue the mindless partisans to run into this thread and as usual hand out facepalms and name-call everyone here that is just telling the truth that everyone in America sees every day. This topic is polling at least 60-40 against Team Blue. It is part of what is driving Blacks, Latinos, and the Young away from Democrats. If the Republicans hadn't themselves bitten into the crazy pills with Abortion Over-Reaction, the polling would be so lopsided that a landslide would seem likely.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

No. Illegals stole it off the delivery truck.

Have you been to the Farmer's Market lately?  They likely worked on the egg truck and packaged the bacon as well.

• Facepalm 1

23 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Have you been to the Farmer's Market lately?  They likely worked on the egg truck and packaged the bacon as well.

No they didn't. My (very good) Mexican neighbor who entered LEGALLY some years ago did that. Biden's batch of illegals are lounging around in 4* hotels and getting more benefits that most of our veterans are getting.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

No they didn't. My (very good) Mexican neighbor who entered LEGALLY some years ago did that. Biden's batch of illegals are lounging around in 4* hotels and getting more benefits that most of our veterans are getting.

We have an immigration problem.  We can all agree on that.  Calling them Biden's batch of illegals is just propaganda without a solution.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 9/19/2023 at 8:57 AM, I_M4_AU said:

Here’s the concern with the constant steam of illegal immagration:

This is the community that an illegal immigrant killed 5 family members because they asked him to stop shooting his rifle.  Biden’s new vision for America.

Sounds like Greg Abbott is the one benefiting.

10 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Always blame those who are powerless.  They are the problem. 

WE created the "immigration crisis".  Now, some of us wish to create more inhumanity.

I assume it’s the usual capitalist power brokers that are causing this too. Predators and prey stuff right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

I assume it’s the usual capitalist power brokers that are causing this too. Predators and prey stuff right?

Why don't you look at our history of interfering in the governments of South and Central America in the 20th century.

• Facepalm 1

On 9/18/2023 at 2:37 PM, TexasTiger said:

Your endlessly insipid questions are tiresome and offer little to meaningful discussion. I posted this because I obviously see a lack of sufficient appreciation on the part of multiple liberal democracies to migrant issues, this administration included. It would be good to be able to have a reasonable conversation about that, but guys like you aren’t capable of anything but relentless partisanship and reckless, mindless hyperbole.

i agree we need to do something about the borer. i absolutely hate children in cages and tho nothing has been said lately i am sure they are mostly still there. and where i think the dems can do better i think the repubs have gone overboard. separating families. putting razor wire at a river crossing where people got cut up and i believe one person lost his life. that is the kind of bull you would expect russia to do.

Just now, icanthearyou said:

Why don't you look at our history of interfering in the governments of South and Central America in the 20th century.

No doubt the Monroe doctrine, cia, and other us driven things had a negative impact. However, ultimately it’s the systemic corruption and dysfunction throughout Latin America that generationally causes this. 

22 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

No doubt the Monroe doctrine, cia, and other us driven things had a negative impact. However, ultimately it’s the systemic corruption and dysfunction throughout Latin America that generationally causes this. 

Sure.  Blame the powerless.  We have no responsibility.  We were only attempting to save these people from themselves.  Our intentions were always righteous.

26 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Sure.  Blame the powerless.  We have no responsibility.  We were only attempting to save these people from themselves.  Our intentions were always righteous.

Dear lord. The point is you can’t blame the us for …. Literally everything. In your world everyone everywhere is a victim. Systems rigged - everybody is doomed. Which doesn’t solve anything and doesn’t encourage people and countries to lift themselves up. I find your messaging depressing.

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

Dear lord. The point is you can’t blame the us for …. Literally everything. In your world everyone everywhere is a victim. Systems rigged - everybody is doomed. Which doesn’t solve anything and doesn’t encourage people and countries to lift themselves up. I find your messaging depressing.

We have been the predominate world power for nearly a century.  We have been the power in this hemisphere even longer.  We have meddled in the affairs of Central and South American countries (and the Caribbean) since the late 19th century.  So yes, we are to blame. 

Again, read history.  It is obvious.  It is undeniable.

Being patriotic does not mean pretending we are above any reproach.

Honesty should not be depressing.  Perhaps, denying truth and reality is your problem?

12 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

We have been the predominate world power for nearly a century.  We have been the power in this hemisphere even longer.  We have meddled in the affairs of Central and South American countries (and the Caribbean) since the late 19th century.  So yes, we are to blame. 

Again, read history.  It is obvious.  It is undeniable.

Being patriotic does not mean pretending we are above any reproach.

Honesty should not be depressing.  Perhaps, denying truth and reality is your problem?

There’s a reason many/most us companies avoid Latin America, Russia, and Africa - corruption. Doing business without requiring a bribe is impossible. Trust me.

You’re in an infinite loop of “them”. Of course the us is not without blame (ie Chile today requires us visitors to pay a reparations tax at customs). But at what point does a generation and country actually solve their problems? Look to India - no one could scream victim louder - but they don’t. Theyre solving it - focusing on educatio and infrastructure. Then look at    Venezuela - every advantage, corruption train wreck. Solve the problem.

35 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

There’s a reason many/most us companies avoid Latin America, Russia, and Africa - corruption. Doing business without requiring a bribe is impossible. Trust me.

You’re in an infinite loop of “them”. Of course the us is not without blame (ie Chile today requires us visitors to pay a reparations tax at customs). But at what point does a generation and country actually solve their problems? Look to India - no one could scream victim louder - but they don’t. Theyre solving it - focusing on educatio and infrastructure. Then look at    Venezuela - every advantage, corruption train wreck. Solve the problem.

How many times have we deposed or, killed a democratically elected leader of India and,,, installed our own brutal dictator willing to support our economic interests as long as he got his cut?

The global "south" has been the victim of exploitation for years.  They and, their resources have contributed to our wealth.  Yes, we have a debt.

Still, you continue to blame the poor, as you have been trained to do. 

The fact is, we are not better, no worse, than any other empire.  The fact is, we are not who we claim to be.

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

How many times have we deposed or, killed a democratically elected leader of India and,,, installed our own brutal dictator willing to support our economic interests as long as he got his cut?

The global "south" has been the victim of exploitation for years.  They and, their resources have contributed to our wealth.  Yes, we have a debt.

Still, you continue to blame the poor, as you have been trained to do. 

The fact is, we are not better, no worse, than any other empire.  The fact is, we are not who we claim to be.

So we’re the great satan. Got it. Ok, what is the debt and long do we have to do it, pay it? Ps hint: even after classic reparations solutioning - they’ll still be a train wreck.

When someone/a country fails you instantly want to see who to blame (and sometimes there some truth to it), the harder thing is looking in the mirror and fixing the problem.

Edited by auburnatl1

5 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

So we’re the great satan.

Yeah, that's what I said.

If you want to converse with me,,, you cannot do this in the future.  It's disingenuous, BS, lying.

If you want to pretend we go around the world spreading freedom and democracy,, fine.  However, an honest appraisal of history says otherwise.

We protect the interests of American capital.

Edited by icanthearyou

Just now, icanthearyou said:

Yeah, that's what I said.

If you want to converse with me,,, you cannot do this in the future.  It's disingenuous, BS, lying.

I think sometimes you mean well. But regardless, I agree, don’t converse with liars.

• Like 1