Liberal Democracies Need to Address the Migrant Issue

TexasTiger

Adequately or right wing parties will continue to grow. They’re growing throughout Europe. They tipped the scale on Brexit in the UK. A perception that the governing parties are tone deaf will be their undoing if they don’t see that along with the bigots, there’s a group in the middle that have valid concerns.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Adequately or right wing parties will continue to grow. They’re growing throughout Europe. They tipped the scale on Brexit in the UK. A perception that the governing parties are tone deaf will be their undoing if they don’t see that along with the bigots, there’s a group in the middle that have valid concerns.

I agree

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

It’s the Achilles heal of liberalism. Confusing why it’s even a debate.

• Like 1

If you have a better nation, there are those who would rather storm your borders instead of staying home and fixing their own place.

A nation with open borders is not a nation at all.

To Joe's handlers: "Close the border, impose strict immigration requirements and send the invaders back home with a note to fix their own country instead of ruining ours."

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

If you have a better nation, there are those who would rather storm your borders instead of staying home and fixing their own place.

To Joe's handlers: "Close the border, impose strict immigration requirements and send the invaders back home with a note to fix their own country instead of ruining ours."

We don’t have open borders. If y’all didn’t lie all the time for political points, it would be easier to fix in this country. But you don’t really want a fix. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

We don’t have open borders. If y’all didn’t lie all the time for political points, it would be easier to fix in this country. But you don’t really want a fix. 

Is the border secure?

24 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Is the border secure?

Not sufficiently, but thousands are apprehended monthly and if our policy was to have open borders that wouldn’t be happening.

23 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Not sufficiently, but thousands are apprehended monthly and if our policy was to have open borders that wouldn’t be happening.

Do we have an administration that acknowledges the border is not sufficiently secure and are they doing anything about it?

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Do we have an administration that acknowledges the border is not sufficiently secure and are they doing anything about it?

Your endlessly insipid questions are tiresome and offer little to meaningful discussion. I posted this because I obviously see a lack of sufficient appreciation on the part of multiple liberal democracies to migrant issues, this administration included. It would be good to be able to have a reasonable conversation about that, but guys like you aren’t capable of anything but relentless partisanship and reckless, mindless hyperbole.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Your endlessly insipid questions are tiresome and offer little to meaningful discussion. I posted this because I obviously see a lack of sufficient appreciation on the part of multiple liberal democracies to migrant issues, this administration included. It would be good to be able to have a reasonable conversation about that, but guys like you aren’t capable of anything but relentless partisanship and reckless, mindless hyperbole.

Here is something I found from 2015:

I don’t think this is hyperbole.  It is straight from the man’s mouth and look who is sitting next to him.  Is this the plan?

• Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

This could be an endless pointing fingers debate about immigration reform. Nonetheless, my frustration with this admin is that Biden could use his bully pulpit to make this a major priority. Instead it’s been virtual silence and the appearance of non-interest. Kamala has been a nothingburger train wreck.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Here is something I found from 2015:

I don’t think this is hyperbole.  It is straight from the man’s mouth and look who is sitting next to him.  Is this the plan?

Is your fear being in the minority? Because that’s happening with or without immigration. Would you feel better about white immigrants?

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

There wasn't a whole lot wrong with this country until Bungling Biden (for all practical purposes) threw open the border and ruined the big Sanctuary Cities with a mass of illegals. Joe broke it, shouldn't it be up to Joe to fix it?

I do want a fix: Send 'em back to where they came from and tell them to fix their own home instead of ruining ours. Inflation and Bidenomics will go away as soon as Biden's handlers are no longer calling the shots.

• Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

Until we have reform of our immigration laws, the federal govt has no choice but to process all asylum requests.  The border is not "open".....

I can guarantee, if Americans were making $2 an hour, but could move to Mexico or pick your Central American country - and make $300 an hour and their kids would have better education opportunities etc, Americans would be moving down in droves.  Their desire to better themselves is a very natural motivation.

As a country, we spent around 200 years begging immigrants from all over the world to come here.  We needed that growth to sustain economic growth and to eventually grow into a world power economically and militarily.  Things have changed, but our laws haven't changed at the same pace.

9 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Until we have reform of our immigration laws, the federal govt has no choice but to process all asylum requests.  The border is not "open".....

We had it pretty much under control until the Bungler in Chief came along.

I can guarantee, if Americans were making $2 an hour, but could move to Mexico or pick your Central American country - and make $300 an hour and their kids would have better education opportunities etc, Americans would be moving down in droves.  Their desire to better themselves is a very natural motivation.

We would flock there, just as they are flocking here. So, would they let millions of us in until we ruined things for them? I think not. It's time for America to slam the door!

As a country, we spent around 200 years begging immigrants from all over the world to come here.  We needed that growth to sustain economic growth and to eventually grow into a world power economically and militarily.  Things have changed, but our laws haven't changed at the same pace.

The laws were doing fine until Joe's handlers changed things. I'd tell you to check the numbers but I think you already know what they were pre-Biden and now.

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

There wasn't a whole lot wrong with this country until Bungling Biden (for all practical purposes) threw open the border and ruined the big Sanctuary Cities with a mass of illegals. Joe broke it, shouldn't it be up to Joe to fix it?

I do want a fix: Send 'em back to where they came from and tell them to fix their own home instead of ruining ours. Inflation and Bidenomics will go away as soon as Biden's handlers are no longer calling the shots.

Yep. I don’t recall anyone ever complaining about the border until Biden.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Is your fear being in the minority? Because that’s happening with or without immigration. Would you feel better about white immigrants?

No, the fear is not having properly vetted people coming into the country to see if they would be good citizens in a steady stream.  Biden posed the racist narrative in that clip.  I can see why you went there first.

• Dislike 1

51 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No, the fear is not having properly vetted people coming into the country to see if they would be good citizens in a steady stream.  Biden posed the racist narrative in that clip.  I can see why you went there first.

You brought it up. Own it.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

You brought it up. Own it.

I brought up the *contiuous stream*, Biden brought up the racist angle as a dog whistle.  You are hearing that whistle, own it.

• Dislike 1

6 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Yep. I don’t recall anyone ever complaining about the border until Biden.

There were complaints during Obama's term. Then things improved. Then along came.....Bungling Biden.

Here’s the concern with the constant steam of illegal immagration:

This is the community that an illegal immigrant killed 5 family members because they asked him to stop shooting his rifle.  Biden’s new vision for America.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

There were complaints during Obama's term. Then things improved. Then along came.....Bungling Biden.

Ronald Reagan granted amnesty.  This is not a recent topic.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Here’s the concern with the constant steam of illegal immagration:

This is the community that an illegal immigrant killed 5 family members because they asked him to stop shooting his rifle.  Biden’s new vision for America.

This is just another example of who is actually benefiting from the immigrants.  A very good friend of mine's dad is a Fox Republican like so many others.  The thing he doesn't like discussing is the fact that he owns 4 very old run down apartment buildings that are full of tenants.  They pay him cash every month and are 100% filled with Latin American immigrants.  All of their children are as much American citizens as you and I.  My point is that you cannot complain about the problem and at the same time profit from it to that degree.

• Facepalm 1