Gotta Admit

TexasTiger

6 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I was wrong about Bo Nix. I thought he was lacking important “intangibles.” It appears he just needed better coaching and a different situation.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/4426338/bo-nix

don't beat yourself up he had two coaches that did not appear to coach him up. and i think he played hurt in his last season and maybe the first one?

55 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I was wrong about Bo Nix. I thought he was lacking important “intangibles.” It appears he just needed better coaching and a different situation.

He was just in a bad spot at AU his last year. Bryan Harsin will do that to people.

• Like 1

Gus with a better OL would have worked out great for both. The 10% completion percentage jump after transferring is directly attributable to him throwing it away so often at Auburn. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

His feet tell the story. He's not constantly shuffling around because he's afraid the OL will collapse at any second. Even his footwork when he throws on the run is vastly better. Two of the highlights in your link showed that off. 

• Like 2

To each his own, but I can't find any sympathy or good feelings for a player who left Auburn to play somewhere else.  It's just how I feel, and I don't think we choose how we feel about things.  I don't wish ill will on Nix, but he's just another player on another team.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

To each his own, but I can't find any sympathy or good feelings for a player who left Auburn to play somewhere else.  It's just how I feel, and I don't think we choose how we feel about things.  I don't wish ill will on Nix, but he's just another player on another team.

There are a few “other” players that I pull for and he is one for me.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Gus with a better OL would have worked out great for both. The 10% completion percentage jump after transferring is directly attributable to him throwing it away so often at Auburn. 

Gus was awful period . Terrible recruiter, stubborn coach. The reason AU had zero oLine was him. One high school OL recruit in what 3 seasons?? . 

Bo had the talent, but coaching was the issue 100%.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Gus was awful period . Terrible recruiter, stubborn coach. The reason AU had zero oLine was him. One high school OL recruit in what 3 seasons?? . 

You and I can disagree. It may have been 50% (lack of) coaching but the other 50% (or much higher) was him running for his life due to the worst OL I've ever seen at AU.

3 minutes ago, gman87 said:

You and I can disagree. It may have been 50% (lack of) coaching but the other 50% (or much higher) was him running for his life due to the worst OL I've ever seen at AU.

If I remember correctly he always ran in HS. Dad let him make it up as he went along and that is what he liked (and it worked at that level). Took a long time for him to realize it wasn’t going to get him to next level, but he has.

10 minutes ago, gman87 said:

Worst OLine was a direct reflection of coaching and recruiting. I think you and I are 100% on the same page Brother . Bo was developing at AU as well. He is a stud now . 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

You are entitled to your opinion, but I disagree 100%.   Bo Nix is Auburn University.    He grew up a fan…chose to play here and started his 1st game.   If Auburn had any coaching and players he would have been the record holder that no one would have ever beaten.   Now was he without fault and flaws, absolutely not.   If Bo Nix hadn’t gotten hurt, Auburn beats Alabama, Harsin is not on the hot seat and Bo is playing this year for Auburn.   
The Harsin coaching debate is another topic, but Bo played much better with Harsin and Bobo as his coaches.   Some of his play today has to attributed to them.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

You are entitled to your opinion, but I disagree 100%.   Bo Nix is Auburn University.    He grew up a fan…chose to play here and started his 1st game.   If Auburn had any coaching and players he would have been the record holder that no one would have ever beaten.   Now was he without fault and flaws, absolutely not.   If Bo Nix hadn’t gotten hurt, Auburn beats Alabama, Harsin is not on the hot seat and Bo is playing this year for Auburn.   
The Harsin coaching debate is another topic, but Bo played much better with Harsin and Bobo as his coaches.   Some of his play today has to attributed to them.

Agreed 100% with everything you said, but then you went clean through the guardrail and off the mountain.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Oh boy, here we go

29 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Bo Nix is Auburn University.

The best gift Bo ever gave Auburn was leaving to help pave the way for the full Harsin collapse.  

War Eagle, Bo.  🫡

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Look at his stats. He had 50 sacks in 1057 pass attempts at Auburn. So 1 sack per every 21 pass attempts.

He has had 6 sacks in 507 pass attempts at Oregon. So 1 sack for every 84 pass attempts.

4 times as many chances to pass the ball without being sacked makes a huge difference in how well you play.

And that doesn't consider the number of hurries he had at Auburn. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, nurbis said:

Look at his stats. He had 50 sacks in 1057 pass attempts at Auburn. So 1 sack per every 21 pass attempts.

He has had 6 sacks in 507 pass attempts at Oregon. So 1 sack for every 84 pass attempts.

4 times as many chances to pass the ball without being sacked makes a huge difference in how well you play.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952zcke4tbj0izf97cf6f

1 hour ago, nurbis said:

Post of the century. I don’t know you, but thank you times 💯. This goes to show you that recruiting is the #1 priority in all of college sports. Jimmys and Joes.. O Line is priority 1 period….. Bird could be a great player behind a solid Oline. 

Bo does have better coaches but he isn’t playing against SEC defenses either. What happened against ThuGA? Against teams with good defenses, which isn’t many, he still struggles against. He made a good choice for himself…

28 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Bo does have better coaches but he isn’t playing against SEC defenses either. What happened against ThuGA? Against teams with good defenses, which isn’t many, he still struggles against. He made a good choice for himself…

He’ll get his shot at the NFL.  Who thrived against UGA last year?

He had throws like this pretty often last season - it was weird to see so many Auburn fans say that the only difference at that point was that he was playing in an easier conference (like the 2020s version of the SEC is a juggernaut lol). 

I’m just glad the fella is getting love, he deserves it with the way 2021 and some of 2022 went for his perception. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

The SEC this year is dreadful - would he have a worse day than Quinn Ewers who ripped apart Alabama, Utah’s QB who went 12/18 with 9 YPA against Florida, or Jordan Travis, who looked like Jameis throwing against LSU?

Georgia is in a different world than the rest of the conference, and he still looked as good against them as Max Duggan (who was in New York)