*Official Auburn vs. Samford Game Thread*

abw0004

5 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

This O actually looks worse than last years and we’ve played nobody yet.

I wouldn't say that. The O-line looks much better so far and receivers are actually getting open. The QB position looks about the same, with the exception that Thorne can hit wide open players. 

Edit: But it's definitely looking like another 5-7 season may be on the horizon.

Edited by HabitualChiller

Just now, DAG said:

College football is so bizarre...now Florida is whooping Tennessee's ass.

I think the SEC just sucks, except for Georgia. And they look beatable too. We may actually see Ole Piss play in Atlanta this year. 

Just now, DAG said:

I think I predicted the Florida win on TD bowl.  I know I at least thought about it lol

3 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Thorne has thrown into double and triple coverage several times tonight.  And you’re somehow trying to argue that’s a high percentage play.  It’s not.  And you’re not going to convince anyone it is.  Sorry.  

I said the play at the goaliine, which is all this was about. you're trying to use other plays as an argument when a ball hit a player right in the hands and instead of blaming the wr u blame the qb. We are talking about one play here 

7 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

Just a quick assessment, I am shocked that coaching is our biggest downfall so far this season. 

The game against UMass was pretty good. It seems they heard all the outside noise from the last game and the passing looks forced . The offense doesn’t look fluid

Edited by e808

1 minute ago, Mkvl04 said:

Coaching isn't the reason for 2 INT

What, the first one for sure. First and goal on the one, we should have never got to fourth down. It is all situational. Whole game so far. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

UTK looked bad against Austin Peay last week. They might be overrated.

• Like 1

Game threads during troubling games kind of crack me up, posters you NEVER see here (unless things are going wrong) are the one's making the most outrageous, childish comments. 

• Like 6

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

I like the aggressive timeouts. 

Going after it!!!

Just now, hutchids said:

UTK looked bad against Austin Peay last week. They might be overrated.

You may be right. The SEC as a whole is looking shaky IMO.

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I said the play at the goaliine, which is all this was about. you're trying to use other plays as an argument when a ball hit a player right in the hands and instead of blaming the wr u blame the qb. We are talking about one play here 

And he threw into triple coverage then in that play.  Look what just happened.  He was just at the goal line again and instead of forcing it like he did in the play you’re talking about by throwing into double or triple coverage he ran the ball in for a touchdown which is exactly what I said.  

Edited by AUTigergrad08

I will say although I was melting in the first quarter, the defense is probably the most opportunistic then I have ever seen in like a decade.

• Like 3